British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

6 hours ago, cambpanther said:

I doubt it. Theyvhad meeting with landlords and both parties agreed that they now use the the same disabled parking as other events

Sounds logical. Showground always been the ones instigating such action so I'm sure that they'd be happy to retrospectively support the protection of their grassed areas inside. Probably can't believe their luck that the club have crapped on it's own affected fans for the first time ever and taken the heat off them ever having to do it if it's still a big issue for them, which it seemingly isn't as they were not putting pressure on us that we know of.

Fair point Wealdstone, someone has ownership of this we are told so the EoES would have to say that individual events no longer control their own parking, or if they do, what they are limited to regarding any general parking flexibility, especially around BB parking as I'm sure that sure that it wouldn't be a broad brush for all. Given the nature a location of the speedway then bringing it in line as described with other events does not make sense anyway unless other events are running as well as speedway and they can't organise internal parking, as has happened on very rare occasions in the past.

Then again, let's not pre-empt any statement forthcoming, we might have been big enough and clever enough to see a way out and let common sense prevail.

Edited by Crump99

Had a curt e mail from Carl Johnson to say a full statement will be made today or tomorrow . As that is all he says does not fill me with hope. Hope I am wrong.

Fear they are colluding to issue a statement to justify their actions.  Live in hope that decency will prevail. 

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 2

This is a complete marketing disaster. Constant communication is ‘free’. We are now advertising season tickets without a product. FFS get someone in that can promote - or we are doomed. It’s really not that difficult. Something doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

This is a complete marketing disaster. Constant communication is ‘free’. We are now advertising season tickets without a product. FFS get someone in that can promote - or we are doomed. It’s really not that difficult. Something doesn’t make sense. 

Chapman's my way or the high way stance is the problem here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally incomprehensible to me how bosses could have created a totally unnecessary crisis by declaring war on the disabled.  Hope that when the statement comes  decency has prevailed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Totally incomprehensible to me how bosses could have created a totally unnecessary crisis by declaring war on the disabled.  Hope that when the statement comes  decency has prevailed.

It’s not the only the few disabled that will abandon. Sure a number that don’t agree with the stance will support this pathetic ruling. 

• Like 1

It’s so simple to fix (In my opinion), no one experienced appears to be trying. Only token gestures. Sell it and they may come, stay silent inevitable result. We are playing as amateurs - even I could sell this.

If they dont find a solution to this BB parking issue its hard to see the Panthers seeing the full season though until October as there will be more people who may choose to stop attending once the situation is out in the open 

If they persist with this then they need to advise all the BB holders who may want to purchase season tickets or when they turn up at the gate for there first visit of the season before they part with there money or give full refunds if they already have a season ticket without knowing the new restrictions.

Maybe NKI will decide to sign now as its unlikely to be a full season now !!!! 

Edited by scoobydoo

From www.peterborough-speedway.com

New parking restrictions for Disabled parking for the 2020 season:

The Peterborough promotion have taken the decision to use the Showground’s official disabled parking areas that are situated at the nearest point of entry to the Peterborough Showground venue.

This decision hasn’t been taken lightly and is due to a number of situations.

Due to the death of a close colleague at a race venue towards the end of last year, we have made a conscious decision to restrict the amount of vehicle movement within the Showground on a race night.

Peterborough Speedway runs alongside a number of events at the Showground every season, and when these events clash we have to move our disabled parking facility to a different location within the Showground on these occasions.

We had a number of blue badge holders not using the allocated parking areas correctly and they felt the need to park in other areas that blocked emergency access roads and Public byways. This is a Health and Safety issue within the Showground.

A number of our volunteer car parking staff have been verbally abused when confronting owners of cars parked outside the designated parking areas.

We respect the fact that the above hasn’t been caused by everyone issued with a blue badge, and we do also know and understand this decision affects everyone that will attend our race meetings that are issued with a blue badge.

We have over the years made preservations for internal disabled parking but unfortunately we cannot carry this on, and we will use the official disabled parking that is used at all Showground events.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we hope everyone understands the situation

22 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The Peterborough promotion have taken the decision to use the Showground’s official disabled parking areas that are situated at the nearest point of entry to the Peterborough Showground venue.

Due to the death of a close colleague at a race venue towards the end of last year, we have made a conscious decision to restrict the amount of vehicle movement within the Showground on a race night.

Peterborough Speedway runs alongside a number of events at the Showground every season, and when these events clash we have to move our disabled parking facility to a different location within the Showground on these occasions.

We had a number of blue badge holders not using the allocated parking areas correctly and they felt the need to park in other areas that blocked emergency access roads and Public byways. This is a Health and Safety issue within the Showground.

A number of our volunteer car parking staff have been verbally abused when confronting owners of cars parked outside the designated parking areas.

We respect the fact that the above hasn’t been caused by everyone issued with a blue badge, and we do also know and understand this decision affects everyone that will attend our race meetings that are issued with a blue badge.

We have over the years made preservations for internal disabled parking but unfortunately we cannot carry this on, and we will use the official disabled parking that is used at all Showground events.

Well that’s cleared things up for me a bit, I’m not a BB holder myself but parking in the designated showground BB spaces has to be the most sensible solution. Now it’s no different as to when a B.B. holder visits the showground for any other event. Can’t argue with that 

20 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Well that’s cleared things up for me a bit, I’m not a BB holder myself but parking in the designated showground BB spaces has to be the most sensible solution. Now it’s no different as to when a B.B. holder visits the showground for any other event. Can’t argue with that 

Means that some disabled fans won't be able to attend unfortunately. Very sad day for those affected ...

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Means that some disabled fans won't be able to attend unfortunately. Very sad day for those affected ...

True. I can certainly sympathise with some of the points made but don't understand and can indeed argue with that. It's difficult given one aspect they've brought into their reasoning now so will need to think. 

Appears that the parking restrictions do only affect the BB holders not the free loading hangers on who get to park within the showground almost as if there saying BB holders or there drivers are dangerous drivers now. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Appears that the parking restrictions do only affect the BB holders not the free loading hangers on who get to park within the showground almost as if there saying BB holders or there drivers are dangerous drivers now. 

Yes as expected sadly.  

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

It’s laughable - then read the Admission Details Page!   

It includes VIP Option which has various extras including: 

PARKING (doesn’t say where exactly but I think we can all guess where that will be)

PIT WALK 

CENTRE VISIT 

further down is an item listed as OTHER RACE DAY OPPORTUNITIES which includes - 

Visit to the Centre Green £5 for 2 Heats.   

If if they are deadly SERIOUS about Health & Safety I believe these two items should also be scrapped as I can’t think of anything more dangerous than walking through the Pits with trucks, bikes, tractors etc. etc. moving about - you just can’t be too careful!  

• Like 3