British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

9 hours ago, kevin bass said:

End of the day if Peterborough speedway wants to lose some die hard fans then on their head be it, the sport as is it needs all the fans it can get and should be encouraging fans to attend not turning fans away over some petty parking ruling.

LMAO! Those same so called die hard fans looking for an excuse not to attend. Yeah ok Kevin.

15 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I think that's a little, erm, can't think of the word... but it's not accurate. Oh, ignorant was the word i was looking for.  Just because someone can't walk distance, doesn't mean they can't walk and ergo need a wheelchair. It sounds like you perhaps haven't seen a relative or partner get to the stage of needing a blue badge.

My mum, (late 70's who has never been to speedway btw but just providing an example), is a blue badge holder due to several operations on hips etc, can potter about short distances slowly, but would have no need or wish for a wheelchair, unless maybe at an airport where it is provided for her.

Why on earth should they have to buy an additional mobility aid on the pension just because the speedway want to change something for a problem that barely exists ? Whilst citing a completely unrelated death as a reason, and also continuing to allow endless numbers of freeloaders in via the pits anyway ?

Stinks to high heaven.

apologies for the edit - what are the other suggestions to get round this, you didn't mention them in the last post.

Wheelchair. Mobility scooter, Get dropped off as close to the stadium as possible so they don't have to walk as far. Pay to get in and find somewhere to sit down whilst waiting for the family member to return. Forget parking altogether and just phone for an uber to take you there and back.

Edited by Rockstar99

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

The forum troll is back in the house :rolleyes:

I don't troll. I just tell people straight up facts. Facts they don't like to hear. They want to moan and complain how they cant go or don't want to go in 2020 then I shall tell them the truth and throw out examples of how they can still go and how they are moaning whilst stopping themselves from going by making excuses.

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Who the hell let him out?

Don't worry, trolls are usually nocturnal animals.

You mean that come teatime there will be millions of the gits?

No, just the one :D

13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I'm shocked it's taken so long to work out.   Poole and Swindon fans are happier now though. 

43 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

ok one last play they I must go. I've got to sleep for work in the morning and you have medication to take.

Fact is that I was perfectly happy with the parking arrangements, never mentioned it and never lit the blue touchpaper. You need to look a bit closer to home.

You're not Jed Maxwell's brother are you with a Hans Andersen decorated bedroom and 14 hour tattoo?

Obviously not one last play. Back for more already.

33 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

Wheelchair. Mobility scooter, Get dropped off as close to the stadium as possible so they don't have to walk as far. Pay to get in and find somewhere to sit down whilst waiting for the family member to return. Forget parking altogether and just phone for an uber to take you there and back.

Wheelchair is what £100 odd quid ?  Mobility scooter gotta be 5x that surely.

Seems a lot of money for one small part of their lives. Anyway, doesn't matter to me personally, they'll go bust as it stands regardless which seems a shame.

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Just had to stick the mobility scooter on charge so one last look in and it looks like there are 5 people on Panthers twitter feed who need your compassion, understanding, superb disability awareness and excellent advice :icon_smile_clown::Da final goodnight!

We shall see. Nighty night.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Wheelchair is what £100 odd quid ?  Mobility scooter gotta be 5x that surely.

Seems a lot of money for one small part of their lives. Anyway, doesn't matter to me personally, they'll go bust as it stands regardless which seems a shame.

Not one small part though is it. If they cant get out of the house or walk that far without needing a sit down then it's best to get a mobility scooter or something. It would be useful every day of the week. Forget the Speedway. I'm talking about day to day life in general. 

1 minute ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

Not one small part though is it. If they cant get out of the house or walk that far without needing a sit down then it's best to get a mobility scooter or something. It would be useful every day of the week. Forget the Speedway. I'm talking about day to day life in general. 

Most blue badge arrangements give them plum parking spots for pretty much anything they want. 

So yeh imo it would be one small part. 

It's not like the sport has a young youthful vibe with 20 somethings lining the terraces is it ?  Surely even the poorest of businessman can see that peeing off the older generations and the disabled is only gonna end up with one outcome.

11 hours ago, Mimmo said:

No if's and buts, that's the end of Peterborough Speedway for us.  I don't give a hoot myself, but feel so sorry for my wife whose condition is worsening by the month.  Thank goodness she's still got Mildenhall.

Feel for you, really.  This terrible and unfair condition has affected my family to a various extent, in some cases extremely close to home, I'll leave it at that.  Surprising that the Panthers management seem unable to police parking aspects within 'the stadium section' of the Arena on speedway days as do promoters of most venues, not only speedway.  E.g. "you can park here, but you can't park over there, only Blue Badge holders only (BB to be  displayed in all cases) can park in the designatated areas.  No exceptions, people not complying with parking conditions will be asked to leave."  You see words to this effect pretty much everwhere; cinemas, music venues, sports stadia, hospitals, etc.  Viewing the 'from the air foto', on my last visit to Peterborough think I parked in the 'gate 3 area' as I said a bit of a trek for me, but reckon it would be too far for disabled people to walk....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

8 hours ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

For day to day life, however a mobility scooter is usually stationed at home, I was a family carer for ten years, unfortunately as I got older ,I could no longer face dismantling the scooter and carrying it into the car, reassembly ,and packing again. We also had a portable wheelchair, but I can assure you , pushing it even with a light person on board was no easy task, across the uneven terrain at the showground  I would think it impossible for me.

I noticed for the music festival, they have provided a phone number for the disabled to use, if they get into difficulties getting from the allocated spaces outside. Perhaps one of our promoters could provide their number for the same reason, I am sure we could provide a wheelchair for their use.

• Like 2

Clearly some people feel they will be unable to go to the EOES now and that is sad. People would not be saying they could not go unless they meant it.

There are many reasons why someone needs a Blue Badge and of the 3 I know their reasons are significantly different, so people should not make assumptions on what those people can or cannot cope with.

The passion in these posts is clear and they lose a hobby and Panthers lose fans and therefore revenue.

A lose, lose situation.

Edited by Warren2
Typo
  • Like 5