British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

11 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Feel for you, really.  This terrible and unfair condition has affected my family to a various extent, in some cases extremely close to home, I'll leave it at that.  Surprising that the Panthers management seem unable to police parking aspects within 'the stadium section' of the Arena on speedway days as do promoters of most venues, not only speedway.  E.g. "you can park here, but you can't park over there, only Blue Badge holders only (BB to be  displayed in all cases) can park in the designatated areas.  No exceptions, people not complying with parking conditions will be asked to leave."  You see words to this effect pretty much everwhere; cinemas, music venues, sports stadia, hospitals, etc.  Viewing the 'from the air foto', on my last visit to Peterborough think I parked in the 'gate 3 area' as I said a bit of a trek for me, but reckon it would be too far for disabled people to walk....

As we've real no real idea who really runs the ship or makes such decisions then it isn't really a surprise. Clearly what is a surprise is that they didn't try, that we know of, to deal with the points that you raised, and indeed they have identified themselves, before taking the nuclear option and alienating a section of their fan base, and wider society, that they seem happy to lose, as well as any associated revenue and knock on.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

Martin Smolinksi has put this in FB whilst looking for a mechanic. Translation

We are looking for support for the speed performance team
Full-time or part-time:
- Speedway Germany
- Longtrack Germany
- Speedway Grand Prix First Reserve
- PL League in negotiation

Peterborough or Ipswich mayb...

42 minutes ago, muirspud said:

Full-time or part-time:
- Speedway Germany
- Longtrack Germany

Could PL be Polish league?

all polish & swedish have named their teams :t: its Ipswich or Peterborough my guess Ipswich :t:

3 hours ago, Warren2 said:

Clearly some people feel they will be unable to go to the EOES now and that is sad. People would not be saying they could not go unless they meant it.

There are many reasons why someone needs a Blue Badge and of the 3 I know their reasons are significantly different, so people should not make assumptions on what those people can or cannot cope with.

The passion in these posts is clear and they lose a hobby and Panthers lose fans and therefore revenue.

A lose, lose situation.

Indeed and that's where TheMessiahOfTheBSF (Jed's brother :) ) looks a bigger ignorant loon than normal although that's his intention to get a reaction so job done I suppose.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, muirspud said:

Full-time or part-time:
- Speedway Germany
- Longtrack Germany

Ipswich. 

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Indeed and that's where TheMessiahOfTheBSF looks a bigger ignorant loon than normal although that's his intention to get a reaction so job done I suppose.

Not ignorant just putting moaners straight. They can go. Plenty of ways to go. But they don't want to as they're to busy throwing hissy fits and tantrums at the moment. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

Not ignorant just putting moaners straight. They can go. Plenty of ways to go. But they don't want to as they're to busy throwing hissy fits and tantrums at the moment. 

It took 14 hours, I fainted 3 times :D

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Could PL be Polish league?

I think it could. If you look at the full post he say’s his main base is in Olching Germany but could be changed to CZ or PL ......

49 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

How's work?

Thought  divine intervention had decreed  "second coming""  was not yet due and that celestial peace could ensue for a while longer.  Meanwhile Panthers management  have taken your suggestions  very seriously and have designated areas for parking of wheelchairs , buggys and a rack to hang crutches and other walking aids ,and at a reasonable price. God bless their benevolence

1 hour ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

How's work?

Get a job, find out yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

I've got one thanks. 

I guess that it's not anything to do with disability awareness? More like can I have fries with that :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4