British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

39 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

I've got one thanks. 

A paper round doesn't count :wink:

• Like 1

Suggest all ignore The Messiah  clearly unhinged !!! But then with the weight of the world on his shoulders he would be.  Surprised  instead of suggesting wheelchairs he did not divinely cure the afflicted.   Seriously ignore every post he makes , thats what I will do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

That's for you to find out. Keep playing into my hands. 

What a nauseating prospect.

Thanks for keeping it going though, the promotion must love you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crump99 said:

What a nauseating prospect.

Thanks for keeping it going though, the promotion must love you.

Guess who's back.........Back again...…...Crumpy's back...…...with his friends. 

1 minute ago, hans fan said:

Any body got any team news

Don't know if it really matters as the crowd levels will drop, by at least a fifth I would have thought, and taking that over a season, that's a serious financial loss for any club.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Suggest all ignore The Messiah  clearly unhinged !!! But then with the weight of the world on his shoulders he would be.  Surprised  instead of suggesting wheelchairs he did not divinely cure the afflicted.   Seriously ignore every post he makes , thats what I will do.

Ah bliss, but will it work when he changes to TheDwadandDosseroftheBSF?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Ah bliss, but will it work when he changes to TheDwadandDosseroftheBSF?

Nope. Nobody can ignore me for that long because they cant resist the temptation of rising to the bate. 

Edited by TheMessiahOfTheBSF

The difference between the BBC and Peterborough Speedway:

The BBC has suspended the closure of its Red Button text service after protests, a day before it was due to have started being phased out.
The news comes days after a petition, organised by the National Federation of the Blind of the UK (NFBUK), was handed in to the BBC and Downing Street.
The service was due to have been closed over the next few weeks.
BBC director general Tony Hall said he would examine the concerns and make "a fresh decision" in the spring.
The NFBUK called the news "fantastic" and said it was looking forward to working with Mr Collins, the BBC and the British Deaf Association "for a better resolution".
Its petition expressed concerns that the removal of the service would "leave many people, who are already vulnerable, further isolated and marginalised from society".

In a letter to Damian Collins MP, Lord Hall said the BBC had heard from organisations, MPs and members of the public about its decision to phase out the service.
"People have expressed their concern that the closure of Red Button text service could negatively affect elderly people and people with disabilities," the letter read.
"These are issues which I feels [sic] deserve to be explored in more depth... so we have decided to suspend its closure pending further work in that area."
Lord Hall said the service would continue "as close as possible to its current state for the time being".
His pledge was echoed by Matthew Postgate, the BBC's chief technology and product officer, who said the corporation would "listen carefully and with an open mind to the views which have been expressed".

• Like 2

Just now, NeilWatson said:

The difference between the BBC and Peterborough Speedway:

The BBC has suspended the closure of its Red Button text service after protests, a day before it was due to have started being phased out.
The news comes days after a petition, organised by the National Federation of the Blind of the UK (NFBUK), was handed in to the BBC and Downing Street.
The service was due to have been closed over the next few weeks.
BBC director general Tony Hall said he would examine the concerns and make "a fresh decision" in the spring.
The NFBUK called the news "fantastic" and said it was looking forward to working with Mr Collins, the BBC and the British Deaf Association "for a better resolution".
Its petition expressed concerns that the removal of the service would "leave many people, who are already vulnerable, further isolated and marginalised from society".

In a letter to Damian Collins MP, Lord Hall said the BBC had heard from organisations, MPs and members of the public about its decision to phase out the service.
"People have expressed their concern that the closure of Red Button text service could negatively affect elderly people and people with disabilities," the letter read.
"These are issues which I feels [sic] deserve to be explored in more depth... so we have decided to suspend its closure pending further work in that area."
Lord Hall said the service would continue "as close as possible to its current state for the time being".
His pledge was echoed by Matthew Postgate, the BBC's chief technology and product officer, who said the corporation would "listen carefully and with an open mind to the views which have been expressed".

Don't bite Neil.

Let them throw a hissy fit. It's only a select few of miserable duckers on a internet forum. People will still go and Buster has done what he thinks is best and I back his decision 100%. Back the club, Back the owners. Roll on 2020 and the blue badge brigade will still turn up after they've stopped crying.

My guess is that most Peterborough supporters do not follow happenings on forums - as much as 95 per cent I would say. As a result they know nothing of this 'parking concern' problems and (hopefully) will turn up untroubled for the opening meeting of the season.

45 minutes ago, gustix said:

My guess is that most Peterborough supporters do not follow happenings on forums - as much as 95 per cent I would say. As a result they know nothing of this 'parking concern' problems and (hopefully) will turn up untroubled for the opening meeting of the season.

Someone on Twitter seems to think that the current arrangements are the new arrangements so even if they do use social media then they're hard of thinking.

The first meeting at 2pm Sunday should give a false impression as you suggest (usually always the best attended unless the club has success later in the season) but then they get to the bread and butter when their fanbase probably takes a consistent hit.

As Mick bratley said in his final blog "People 'in the know' within the entertainment industry suggest that all Speedway clubs will lose 8% of their core support every year, through a variety of differing reasons." (And he won the EL) so we've consciously chosen to increase that percentage from the off by alienating our disabled fans and their associates..

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3