British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Someone on Twitter seems to think that the current arrangements are the new arrangements so even if they do use social media then they're hard of thinking.

The first meeting at 2pm Sunday should give a false impression as you suggest (usually always the best attended unless the club has success later in the season) but then they get to the bread and butter when their fanbase probably takes a consistent hit.

As Mick bratley said in his final blog "People 'in the know' within the entertainment industry suggest that all Speedway clubs will lose 8% of their core support every year, through a variety of differing reasons." (And he won the EL) so we've consciously chosen to increase that percentage from the off by alienating our disabled fans and their associates..

A bloke for 3 hours on a tenner per hour would cover it. 2 hrs before and 1 after. It's not a game changer. Would save the club money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

A bloke for 3 hours on a tenner per hour would cover it. 2 hrs before and 1 after. It's not a game changer. Would save the club money.

Exactly. 

The "statement" (where they shamefully use an on-track accident that has f&ck all to do with this as justification) reads as if they've had incidents with specific people that they couldn't handle, so their idea of a solution is to screw all badge holders just to make a point to the minority who abused the facility last year. It's gonna bite them on the bum badly either way which is a shame.

10 hours ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

Don't bite Neil.

Let them throw a hissy fit. It's only a select few of miserable duckers on a internet forum. People will still go and Buster has done what he thinks is best and I back his decision 100%. Back the club, Back the owners. Roll on 2020 and the blue badge brigade will still turn up after they've stopped crying.

What a heartless person you are.  My wife, as I've said before, is in an advanced stage of cancer for both lungs, breast and hip, which means she can only do short walks at a time without resting, which rules us out of ever going to Peterborough again. 
I personally find your comments most hurtful, and hope for your sake that you never find yourself in the position that we are in, then you won't be so cocky with your insulting statements, so please, for the sake of all those whose lives are being torn apart, stop it now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Just block him Mike and ignore him - he's the current BSF moron and not worth wasting time on. Hope you're both OK

We're struggling mate.  Jan starts yet another 21-week course of chemo this morning.  

11 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Just block him Mike and ignore him - he's the current BSF moron and not worth wasting time on. Hope you're both OK

Easiest thing to do. Still stunned how someone finds it fun to troll on a speedway forum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If we assume that say twenty cars with blue badge holders stop attending, and I'm sure it will be a lot more than that, there's usually a minimum of two people in each vehicle, that takes it up to forty paying customers, and let's assume they are all concession customers, that the club will lose throughout the season.
At the moment, assuming they don't make the play-off's, they have sixteen home fixtures planned.  Based on the 2019 admission price of £16 (they haven't disclosed the 2020 prices on their website, other than for season tickets) that equates to £10,240.  All twenty cars pay £1 to park which equals £320, and lets presume that 50% of them buy a programme at £3 peer head, which comes out at £960.  That means in 2020, the club are going to lose in the region of £11,520.  Can they really afford to do?  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Exactly. 

The "statement" (where they shamefully use an on-track accident that has f&ck all to do with this as justification) reads as if they've had incidents with specific people that they couldn't handle, so their idea of a solution is to screw all badge holders just to make a point to the minority who abused the facility last year. It's gonna bite them on the bum badly either way which is a shame.

Additionally there's no mention of measures that they took to deal with the issues raised, in fact they didn't with any recognised communication to those affected. Clearly they've dug a hole, unprecedented against their supporters by the club in it's 50 years, and then continued digging rather than see commonsense and do the right thing within the family sport that they claim to be a member of. How much effect this will have in the time the club has left at the EoES I don't know but the club, it's sponsors and associates need to be viewed in a different light now and this action must not be forgotten.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Easiest thing to do. Still stunned how someone finds it fun to troll on a speedway forum.

I can't actually believe he is allowed to post such things, he should be banned.

• Like 4

I'm delighted to see that Team GB are sponsored by Europe’s leading wheelchair accessible vehicle supplier. Good to see that at national level disabled drivers aren't forgotten........

Here's the link to today's press release - Team GB

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

What a heartless person you are.  My wife, as I've said before, is in an advanced stage of cancer for both lungs, breast and hip, which means she can only do short walks at a time without resting, which rules us out of ever going to Peterborough again. 
I personally find your comments most hurtful, and hope for your sake that you never find yourself in the position that we are in, then you won't be so cocky with your insulting statements, so please, for the sake of all those whose lives are being torn apart, stop it now. 

Neil is right this lowlife troll is a parasite with many many different names on here, off its rocker!! IT speaks for no club or rider or anybody for that matter although I suspect one or two on here enjoy it but occasionally goes to far especially with that post....inadequate in the extreme 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I can't actually believe he is allowed to post such things, he should be banned.

He should be sought out and crucified considering he's the 'messiah' ....form an orderly queue baggsy I supply the hammer 

• Haha 1

Actually the Messiah is an apt name for the freak considering he faked his own death on the reading forum years ago ....it's the second coming ..sorry third comi.......sorry fourth.......and on and on and on.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I'm delighted to see that Team GB are sponsored by Europe’s leading wheelchair accessible vehicle supplier. Good to see that at national level disabled drivers aren't forgotten........

Here's the link to today's press release - Team GB

No irony there then.  However is the argument line of "can't walk far" not hitting the mark in terms of persuading the promotion to adjust their position because, as this sponsor highlights, wheelchairs/scooters are in common usage so perhaps an argument based on wheelchair/scooter access would be more persuasive? 

Seriously what is the hold up with these last signings ! Surely the riders I question must have sorted their schedules etc by now. My business has enquired about some sponsorship for the team this season but with only 4 riders announced its hard to commit to anything just yet ! 

• Sad 1