British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Its not the best way to keep what paying customers they still may have left by leaving it so late, they have had the same time as everyone else and yes the budget is obviously the main stumbling block,  two main sponsors who must be now thinking what the hell we let ourselves in for, 

Its been obvious that Iversen turned them down weeks ago.

Got to ask will they actually start the season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Its not the best way to keep what paying customers they still may have left by leaving it so late, they have had the same time as everyone else and yes the budget is obviously the main stumbling block,  two main sponsors who must be now thinking what the hell we let ourselves in for, 

Its been obvious that Iversen turned them down weeks ago.

Got to ask will they actually start the season. 

theyll start the season im pretty sure, whether they will finish it is another matter. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Disagree, why do fans need to know the team so early? Surely if you are an attending fan you'll go along - as long as they have a team before their press/practice day? 

Maybe it’s a case of “once bitten twice shy” .   We thought we had a Team when we rocked up for Press and Practice day last year and then look what happened.   Can’t blame fans for worrying or being sceptical in the circumstances.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Surely the promotion would be announcing the rest of the team if everything was sorted, I'd imagine they are pulling their hair out more than the fans. They have numerous constraints to work with as you all know ...... 

dont every team have constraints though? Its february, theyre taking the piss now. Its obvious the team will be a complete shambles at this point, just announce it and get it over with. 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So how do you work out an average for Jason Crump? 

I was thinking the same thing the other day. It can't be his last one, so who knows. I think he would average 9.00 at the Showground once dialled in, and probably 7 away from home at this stage in his career ?. I would of thought 7.5 would be fair, maybe :t: 

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So how do you work out an average for Jason Crump? 

You can’t!

His last established MA is 11.07 from 2008/9 as far as I can see.

Art 16.2.6 reads: AMENDED MA’s have been amended with the Approval of the BSPA GC or Directors for:
a) Riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons
(NB. The MA may be increased or decreased).

Edited by NeilWatson

12 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Yeh true. I'm sure i remember in the 90s my team literally going down to press and practise day before they confirmed anything a few times.  One year it was after..

I remember that, and was going to mention it. And then they won the league title.

• Like 1

Crump should be no higher than a 5.00, even then will struggle for a 4.00 average imo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, therefused said:

dont every team have constraints though? Its february, theyre taking the piss now. Its obvious the team will be a complete shambles at this point, just announce it and get it over with. 

I expect they have offered terms to riders which have been turned down and are playing a game of brinkmanship to see who cracks first. 

• Like 1

Well somehow that 11.07 would need converting to 8.35, as that is what would  be left if Tungate and Ostergaard sign 

(or another 4 point rider)

1. Crump

2. Anderson 5.79

3. MPT 6.30

4. Harris 6

5. Tungate 6.59

6. Wilson-Dean 5.47

7. Ostergaard/ 4 pointer

OR sign a 3 pointer and Crump can be 9.35  :-)

32 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Crump should be no higher than a 5.00, even then will struggle for a 4.00 average imo

Could I remind you that it's Peterborough Panthers and not Pirates :wink:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hes not ridden professionally for how many years now? He would struggle physically and his machinery aswell. Would be a gamble on a 5.00 average 

He is no Greg Hancock in that his style of riding and  temperament do not lend itself to riding at such an advanced age( in speedway terms) IMO Greg love or hate him is a one off and we will still have to wait and see if he can still cut it ! .Crumpy should stay retired and turn out for fun by all means but don't make ythe same mistake as his father did and comeback nowhere near the rider he was .  

• Like 1