British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

i don't think that Crump will be back  It would mean that he would have to up  root his family or spend the next few months on his own here in Britain and  I

cant see him doing that   

2 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

i don't think that Crump will be back  It would mean that he would have to up  root his family or spend the next few months on his own here in Britain and  I

cant see him doing that   

I really do not see Crump back  nor do I see it as desirable.  However think I have seen somewhere that he will be in England  with his son for the the entire summer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

cant see him doing that   

His son is riding over here this summer and he's coming with him 

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Hes not ridden professionally for how many years now? He would struggle physically and his machinery aswell. Would be a gamble on a 5.00 average 

How many leagues do the Panthers race in then,  he would be only riding once maybe twice a week, get practically most of the UK summer months off,  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

How many leagues do the Panthers race in then,  he would be only riding once maybe twice a week, get practically most of the UK summer months off,  

Exactly this nobody is saying he'll also ride on the continent 

Id take crump even on a 8+ average. Mainly because im expecting last 3 to be Tungate, Summers, Ostergaard....

It's worth reminding people that Phil Crump made a comeback at Swindon after three years out, and he was quite a bit younger than Jason is now.

He turned out to be very much a shadow of his former self, averaging just over 4 points a meeting in today's money.

29 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

Id take crump even on a 8+ average. Mainly because im expecting last 3 to be Tungate, Summers, Ostergaard....

Crump, Tungate, Summers would fit if he's given a 7 

48 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It's worth reminding people that Phil Crump made a comeback at Swindon after three years out, and he was quite a bit younger than Jason is now.

He turned out to be very much a shadow of his former self, averaging just over 4 points a meeting in today's money.

Would that have been 1991? I can vaguely remember him assisting Mark Loram into the back straight fence at Lynn on a Bank Holiday Monday morning that year. 

If Crump does come back he will absolutely smash this awful top league  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Would that have been 1991? I can vaguely remember him assisting Mark Loram into the back straight fence at Lynn on a Bank Holiday Monday morning that year. 

I think he came back at the tail end of 90 as i remember him guesting for Todd for us i think and being absolutely fuming as he was terrible..  it was my first season so had no idea he was quality a few years previous..

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

Also worth remembering Jason was a much better rider than Phil

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Also worth remembering Jason was a much better rider than Phil

Possibly better, but not much better. What Jason had, that Phil didn't, was the world championship winning mentality. I'm not so sure he'll have that now.

• Thanks 1