British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Only thing is Pedersen and Hancock have never stopped riding at the top level. Really can't see Crump wanting to, or being able to get back anywhere near the level he was at retirement. Would love to see the Crump of old but not a pale imitation. 

9 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Only thing is Pedersen and Hancock have never stopped riding at the top level. Really can't see Crump wanting to, or being able to get back anywhere near the level he was at retirement. Would love to see the Crump of old but not a pale imitation. 

The league has got plenty of 'pale imitations' already :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

He's coming with his son Seth anyway 

Maybe so but I still think you putting two and two together and coming up with five. It's been mentioned about Crump being Peterborough team manager, that would be closer to the mark than any track return IMO.

57 minutes ago, Trees said:

Crumpy was ace round Peterborough :D

Crumpy was ace pretty much everywhere :)

• Like 1

I reckon he'd still get a 6.5/7 point average in this league, he was pure class back in the day and it's not as if he's out of shape or was forced to retire purely because of injury.

Steve Johnston is riding at Perth next weekend. Maybe this means he'll be the next Panthers target?

• Haha 3

Just now, arnieg said:

Steve Johnston is riding at Perth next weekend. Maybe this means he'll be the next Panthers target?

That would be the logic yea. :D

6 hours ago, mark.1 said:

Crump to be team manager 

Hopefully. Would rather have a blind man than our current manager

On 2/6/2020 at 9:44 PM, Flappy said:

How many blue badge holders are we talking here? 

No idea and isn't that part of the problem. They haven't said, only mentioned the problems that they seeming didn't try to fix before kicking them out, thereby losing the sympathy vote for at least trying before taking the action the club would slam the EoES for doing (well previous promotions who cared that is). One assumes that it's a fair few or what's the problem with the traditional arrangement and trying deal with the club's organisational gripes and alleged steward abusers?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JCookie said:

I reckon he'd still get a 6.5/7 point average in this league, he was pure class back in the day and it's not as if he's out of shape or was forced to retire purely because of injury.

No chance, in my opinion

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

If you want the advice of a Bees fan, you'll wait till half way through the season before bringing him in like we did at Brandon. Then you'll win the league.

Lindback wanted Ipswich apparently but they opted for Holder so he must be available 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Lindback wanted Ipswich apparently but they opted for Holder so he must be available 

If this is true I would defiantly try my best to get lindback in my side if I was buster/Carl. He would fly round the showground, not sure how he would have gone at Ipswich. This while crump thing must be a joke... surely ?