British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

What's happened to Bech & Nicholls being the final two? I thought NKI said in the star the other week that Britain wasn't really an option.....

The only people quoting Bech was himself tbf. 

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

No Crump for Panthers then. But we do have a new team manager

Yet another Lynn cast off

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The only people quoting Bech was himself tbf. 

Very true. Even if Boro do sign NKI unfortunately I think you'll struggle. Too many inconsistent riders in that 1-7

This Peterborough promotion have missed a big opportunity to reignite peoples interest in Peterborough Speedway by not signing Crump, to have him back gracing the showground track would of most likely got alot of the old stay at home followers back through the turnstile, sometimes its not whats on track but whos on the track,  business sense is something this promotion clearly havn't got much of

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

If Iversen is available then I’m not sure we (Ipswich) would have gone down the Crump route after bringing Iversen in at the tail end of last season. I’m pretty sure the money on offer at Ipswich would have been better than at Peterborough just like it has been the factor in signing Crump. 

Maybe Peterborough have agreed to Iversen’s demands of only doing the start of the season?

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

If Iversen is available then I’m not sure we (Ipswich) would have gone down the Crump route after bringing Iversen in at the tail end of last season. I’m pretty sure the money on offer at Ipswich would have been better than at Peterborough just like it has been the factor in signing Crump. 

Maybe Peterborough have agreed to Iversen’s demands of only doing the start of the season?

I'd imagine that's likely 

49 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Yet another Lynn cast off

Not really, he left due to a fall out and is arguably better than what we have now so hardly a cast off. He was a major par of Lynn’s success through the noughties by generating team spirit and getting the best out of some previously ordinary riders. 

• Like 2

if you do get NKI then there is no doubting he will score more points, but for the bank balance then crump would bring in more fans, well initially anyway

Edited by Phil The Ace

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

This Peterborough promotion have missed a big opportunity to reignite peoples interest in Peterborough Speedway by not signing Crump, to have him back gracing the showground track would of most likely got alot of the old stay at home followers back through the turnstile, sometimes its not whats on track but whos on the track,  business sense is something this promotion clearly havn't got much of

This.....

Why would Peterborough sign a rider tat can only commit to half the season, We will probably have Nicholls as number 1 at this rate  !

7 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Why would Peterborough sign a rider tat can only commit to half the season, We will probably have Nicholls as number 1 at this rate  !

Desperation and probably have been advised by someone like Bjerre that they'll be available later in the season 

• Like 1

It’s a big risk though, what if Bjerre gets injured ? Just makes no sense. Surely you would want a 1-7 who all want To ride with the team for a while season, I’m not expecting much from these last 2 signings 

All apologies accepted from those people who laughed at me when i told you Crumpy was going to ride in the UK, i didn't know you couldn't afford him though.

33 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

It’s a big risk though, what if Bjerre gets injured ? Just makes no sense. Surely you would want a 1-7 who all want To ride with the team for a while season, I’m not expecting much from these last 2 signings 

NKI and Wells 

4 minutes ago, Lord Skid said:

All apologies accepted from those people who laughed at me when i told you Crumpy was going to ride in the UK, i didn't know you couldn't afford him though.

What do want ? a medal