British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

22 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Have no fear, that responsibility is now in the hands of CJ and one of his first actions has been a shocker to alienate a section of the club's fanbase and their associates, so paying customers are clearly not a priority.

Really  do you want another overspent promotion then ! and the risk of zero racing You cut your cloth accordingly surely NKI good signing and not going to bankrupt the business You still get to see Crumpy a few times and well worth the entrance fee 

2 minutes ago, PBK said:

Really  do you want another overspent promotion then ! and the risk of zero racing You cut your cloth accordingly surely NKI good signing and not going to bankrupt the business You still get to see Crumpy a few times and well worth the entrance fee 

I fear that you misunderstand my point of concern.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Did NKI ride for Lyon at KL? 

Yes he did

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Surely if Crump is coming back then it suggests Seth may be giving it a go?

I thought he races road bikes. 

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

It’s a big risk though, what if Bjerre gets injured ? Just makes no sense. Surely you would want a 1-7 who all want To ride with the team for a while season, I’m not expecting much from these last 2 signings 

He may get injured but then u could say why sign any rider incase of injury.. What if doyle or pedersen get injured 1st meeting of season... Would leave their teams in same position

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Seth does road racing over here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Think Seth has got a spot in one of the support classes in the superbike championship,,he done a couple of rounds last year 

Ah ok...makes sense now...despite the ridiculously high average they have given Crumpy..I can't help thinking Panthers have missed a trick...at least there's 2 big characters back in the British league this season...am I the only one who finds the "big hitters" in the GP's these days kinda boring?

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

If it is Iversen and Wells then that is a tidy looking team.

Ive gone on record saying I just see NKI coming back, given his GP and other league commitments, but I’d love to be wrong.

A league with him, Crump, Pedersen, Killer back etc.

Perhaps the brightest our league has looked for a while.

• Like 2

Does anybody have  the slightest  clue as to what Panthers management are playing at ?   Other than the vendetta against Blue Badge holders.

28 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Does anybody have  the slightest  clue as to what Panthers management are playing at ?   Other than the vendetta against Blue Badge holders.

Taking their time to put the best possible line up they can together working within budgetary constraints and rider availability would be my guess. 

• Like 2

I always thought Crump was a points scoring machine and would have enjoyed seeming him ride at Peterborough this year.

Having said that being out for 8 years will undoubtably affect his confidence, certainly at least until he gets up to speed and that’s without mentioning his age, his current weight and his fitness.

He always had good equipment and I don’t see that changing but his assessed average is high and it’s difficult to see him achieving that.

Nevertheless he will undoubtably draw the crowds but will his style suit Foxhall, certainly not as much as Alwalton, where he was always very good.

His return is certainly a gamble and whether it works or not could determine the Witches chances.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I always thought Crump was a points scoring machine and would have enjoyed seeming him ride at Peterborough this year.

Having said that being out for 8 years will undoubtably affect his confidence, certainly at least until he gets up to speed and that’s without mentioning his age, his current weight and his fitness.

He always had good equipment and I don’t see that changing but his assessed average is high and it’s difficult to see him achieving that.

Nevertheless he will undoubtably draw the crowds but will his style suit Foxhall, certainly not as much as Alwalton, where he was always very good.

His return is certainly a gamble and whether it works or not could determine the Witches chances.

He has 2 new Ashtech engines waiting. But as you say, age, inactivity, and fitness maybe against him. It will affect him to some extent, but I guess we will have to wait and see how much. Gating could be the key for him. After 8 years he will be trying to find all the setups again as quick as he can. Might hinder him away from Foxhall. I was surprised with the high average he was given. 7-7.5 would of been fair I think.

Great for British speedway that he's back, and I wish him the best, but I would rather NKI if I had a choice out of the two..

• Like 1