British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

6 hours ago, Lukas said:

Surely if Crump is coming back then it suggests Seth may be giving it a go?

Seth is already deep in some superbike discipline...  not sure of the name tho

If it is NKI and Wells it looks a strong enough team to me with only possibly MPT on an inflated average. 

Will need a bit of luck with injuries etc but I feel it could do some damage. BWD at reserve should clean up, he though is in dire need of an injury free season. 

On 2/17/2020 at 2:38 PM, bigcatdiary said:

If the get the number 1 that’s rumoured I don’t really mind who rides at no 7.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I always thought Crump was a points scoring machine and would have enjoyed seeming him ride at Peterborough this year.

Having said that being out for 8 years will undoubtably affect his confidence, certainly at least until he gets up to speed and that’s without mentioning his age, his current weight and his fitness.

He always had good equipment and I don’t see that changing but his assessed average is high and it’s difficult to see him achieving that.

Nevertheless he will undoubtably draw the crowds but will his style suit Foxhall, certainly not as much as Alwalton, where he was always very good.

His return is certainly a gamble and whether it works or not could determine the Witches chances.

Strange you didn’t seem to go in to any negatives in a previous post when it looked like Peterborough were signing him. As for his style not suiting Foxhall, he rarely dropped a point there and has often labelled the track a favourite of his.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Stevebrum strikes again!! 

Well done you, the first one to make a point that hardly anyone believed anyway. :rolleyes:

BTW you will see I’ve already commented my surprise on the Ipswich thread. But nice try all the same. B)

It seems everyone knew that Pedersen, Crump and Kildemand would be gracing our league in 2020 said no one, ever. :P

1 hour ago, Steve Irving said:

Strange you didn’t seem to go in to any negatives in a previous post when it looked like Peterborough were signing him. As for his style not suiting Foxhall, he rarely dropped a point there and has often labelled the track a favourite of his.

Hence the first line, I would have loved him to have signed, he rarely dropped a point anywhere his last UK GSA was 11 plus.

I will say it’s more of a challenge at Foxhall, it’s certainly not as open to passing as Alwalton.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Hence the first line, I would have loved him to have signed, he rarely dropped a point anywhere his last UK GSA was 11 plus.

I will say it’s more of a challenge at Foxhall, it’s certainly not as open to passing as Alwalton.

It could be argued it takes more skill & courage to pass at Foxhall ;)  Ha, anyway I think that will suit him because I think he'll stay in the same position he gates in.

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Could see Crump line up in the 50th anniversary meeting?  

A sort of heres what you could of signed but didn't moment.

Chris Holder will get an invite as he cant get paid if he rides in the UK hes perfect for the Scrooge Panthers :D

Edited by scoobydoo

21 hours ago, Flappy said:

If Ostergaard and Richard Hall are legends then so is he in my eyes

Give me a team including any 4 of the following and ill be there every week.

Crump
Hans
M Poole
R Pederson
R Sullivan
Z (Sam) Tesar
NKI
Hans Clausen
K Bjerre
Mario Jirout

However bad the results are, I would pay to watch with a smile!

• Like 1

Wonder if we will hear news tomorrow when the speedway star comes out?

Can live in hope i guess.....

16 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

This article is from 2019. Might be of interest to someone.

https://amcn.com.au/editorial/grid-talk-seth-crump/

This is the main reason Crumpie is coming over to UK - to support/supervise his son's racing!!  Very nice to be able to pick up some pocket money as well.  I wonder if he's on a guarantee or just points money?

Iversen is still in discussions his main stumbling block is working out the opening and closing times of Tesco at Hampton so he can do his food shopping before meetings.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

A sort of heres what you could of signed but didn't moment.

Chris Holder will get an invite as he cant get paid if he rides in the UK hes perfect for the Scrooge Panthers :D

See what you’re saying but it’s a meeting with past and present Panthers so being a former Showground favourite it could happen. 

It might be a case of “crikey we got away with one there” rather than “look what we could have had” ;)

I have a feeling both Crump and Holder will be riding in the 50 year meeting along with Bjerre, NKI and others. 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Iversen is still in discussions his main stumbling block is working out the opening and closing times of Tesco at Hampton so he can do his food shopping before meetings.

Isnt tesco open 24hours a day?? ;)