British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Let’s have it right, it’s taken until nearly March for him to say yes. Hardly going to be on his list of priorities and his calendar looks ridiculously busy now. No spring chicken either. He was pretty disappointing at the end of last season with Ipswich as well and that was when his commitments elsewhere had dried up. Weren’t some Panthers fans on here saying he was disappointing last time out for them also? Hold his average at best for me. 

I said he was a BIG disappontment which he was in his early Panthers days even 06 he was the weak link heat leader, but he was in Hans & Bjerres shadow for most of the time, inconsistant abit now but see how he goes back on the pacer showground track.

Would love to see his average around the showground though as bet it's not far off 10. 

GP rider too and based locally 

Edited by Flappy

3 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

A potential pairing of Niels/Hans looks a very potent way to start a meeting to be honest.

Happy with the signing, lets just hope we get a full season from him.

Niels

Hans

MPT

Harris

Rohan

BWD

A.Body

Dont think Hans will want to ride at 2 expect MPT will given that job 

Should always be a good reserve too. BWD needs to stay fit for his own sake 

NKI 

MPT 

Andersen 

Harris 

Tungate 

BWD 

Edited by Flappy

Haven't the Panthers Management already stated the final rider will be a 'new to the UK' rider?

On 2/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, Lurcher said:

Iversen said no so why is he now in your team 

As previously discussed he was always in discussions to come back. Great to have another GP standard rider back. 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Get wolves to take Scott Nicholls and Peterborough have Ryan Douglas 

More chance of Woffy coming back to Monmore to replace Masters.

27 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Would Bech get an average reduction as hes not ridden in UK for a few years

Don’t see why he should. Plenty of foreign riders have been back in the past recent years without a reduction. 

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Berge, Pickering , Osterguard if I had to pick..in that order

Still don’t get every off season people rating berge, flaky and inconsistent....consistently 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

What is Bech's average 

6.26 from 2016 with Wolves

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

What is Nicholls’ average?

• Like 1

Tero Aarnio could do a decent job but is probably too busy with Scunthorpe and continental meetings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

A potential pairing of Niels/Hans looks a very potent way to start a meeting to be honest.

Happy with the signing, lets just hope we get a full season from him.

Niels

Hans

MPT

Harris

Rohan

BWD

A.Body

I think Tofty will probably get the no.2 race jacket. That's a good looking side, and I think Buster for all his faults ( I know about the BB farce) has put together a strong team for 2020. That isn't a making up the numbers side. It's a strong side all the way through, including strong reserves.( with around 4.80 for the no.7 spot).

If they all stay fit you have yourself a play off side imho.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Tofty will probably get the no.2 race jacket. That's a good looking side, and I think Buster for all his faults ( I know about the BB farce) has put together a strong team for 2020. That isn't a making up the numbers side. It's a strong side all the way through, including strong reserves.( with around 4.80 for the no.7 spot).

If they all stay fit you have yourself a play off side imho.

Agree

If we do go for a 4.00 average rider, least we will have 0.80 extra to play with I guess IF changes are required. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Haven't the Panthers Management already stated the final rider will be a 'new to the UK' rider?

Might be as I understood it.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

But will he meet the new 70 pt visa requirements!!! 

• Haha 1