British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

On paper that's as good as any team in the prem , the last remaining rider , do we go for the ever reliable Ulrich ? Or do we venture abroad and unearth an overseas gem ? , I'm not sure what overseas averages are nowadays on new comers though... ?

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Tero Aarnio could do a decent job but is probably too busy with Scunthorpe and continental meetings.

Agree and Tero would do a brilliant job or what about Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen as another who would fit

Regards
THJ

51 minutes ago, yaxley panther said:

On paper that's as good as any team in the prem , the last remaining rider , do we go for the ever reliable Ulrich ? Or do we venture abroad and unearth an overseas gem ? , I'm not sure what overseas averages are nowadays on new comers though... ?

Reliable how? He's now a sub 6 point 2nd tier rider 

Edited by Flappy

39 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'd have Ulrich over the likes of Barker, Lasse & Garrity every day of the week. He turns up every match and busts a gut every time.

• Like 7

On 2/17/2020 at 9:19 PM, Lurcher said:

Iversen said no so why is he now in your team 

My theory is ( no substance) that NKI always wanted to ride for us but not with Carl as manager. Rob Lyons becomes manager and deal done in days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

what about Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen as another who would fit

He didn't exactly pull up many trees the last time he rode for us in the Championship.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

My theory is ( no substance) that NKI always wanted to ride for us but not with Carl as manager. Rob Lyons becomes manager and deal done in days.

Was thinking same thing. Far as im aware Rob and NKI have a good relationship. Carl just comes across as very arrogant

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

He didn't exactly pull up many trees the last time he rode for us in the Championship.

Highest average of those that fit so far 

5 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

Was thinking same thing. Far as im aware Rob and NKI have a good relationship. Carl just comes across as very arrogant

Had not thought of this but could be some truth in it

32 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Had not thought of this but could be some truth in it

NKI is also a very honest and alround decent guy, dont think he would be to keen of Carl after his antics a few years back.

3 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

NKI is also a very honest and alround decent guy, dont think he would be to keen of Carl after his antics a few years back.

What were the antics?

58 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

My theory, having listened to what he has said (previously) and what I have read a few times over the winter, is that the logistics of riding in the British, Swedish, Polish and Danish leagues coupled with the GP’s meant it took a bit of sorting out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

I'd have Ulrich over the likes of Barker, Lasse & Garrity every day of the week. He turns up every match and busts a gut every time.

I agree

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Reliable as always available and we certainly could do alot worse , was you just looking for a negative ?

38 minutes ago, Sully said:

What were the antics?

Not going into details on here but few seasons back whe he apparently stepped down as team manager "due to family and work" wasnt the true story...

• Like 1