British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Still nothing from the club regarding BWD

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I'm sure there will be.  

BRADLEY Wilson-Dean has been ruled out of Peterborough’s team ahead of the new season.

Kiwi ace Wilson-Dean has had more surgery on his shoulder after riding through the pain barrier in his home country and the surgeon has told him not to race for six months.

It means the Crendon Panthers are now two riders short of a full team for the new campaign – but co-promoter Carl Johnson insists they have options.

“The first thing we have to do is wish Brad all the very best for a full recovery,” he said.

“It’s a decision he has made in the best interests of his health going forward and naturally we support and fully understand that.

“We have irons in the fire in terms of the final two team members now and we’ll get there. We know what we have left to play with in terms of the points limit for team building regulations.

“There’s a real feel good factor around the place right now and we’re all looking forward to the opening meeting on Sunday March 15 and our 50th anniversary meeting.”

Wilson-Dean admits he is disappointed but has taken the decision to reduce the risk of permanent damage long term.

“It’s been tough for me physically and mentally but I’ve decided to listen to the surgeon,” he said.

“I’d like to thank Peterborough for being so understanding and I want to thank everyone who supports me for their care and understanding.

“I have no doubt in my mind that when I’m back I’ll be fitter and stronger.”

PETERBOROUGH SPEEDWAY are delighted to be supported by Crendon Timber as main team sponsors and City Auction Group as club sponsors.

The reality is there's plenty of 4,5,6 pointers out there. If it was a heat leader that would've been a real issue as we saw last winter 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

The reality is there's plenty of 4,5,6 pointers out there. If it was a heat leader that would've been a real issue as we saw last winter 

Trouble  with Losing BWD  is that he was capable of performing well above his average

53 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Trouble  with Losing BWD  is that he was capable of performing well above his average

When fit yes but sadly that appears to be his major problem 

Gutted for BWD.

If available Nicholls on revised 5.36 and Summers on 4.87 fits. Totals 42.45.

30 minutes ago, Warren2 said:

Gutted for BWD.

If available Nicholls on revised 5.36 and Summers on 4.87 fits. Totals 42.45.

I would ring Bellego.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I would ring Bellego.

Interesting thing about signing Bellego is he pushes Andersen down to a reserve berth

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Interesting thing about signing Bellego is he pushes Andersen down to a reserve berth

Andersen at reserve hasn't happened since his Poole days.

Andersen at reserve is only worth doing if the rider coming into the main body is good enough to at least average 6

Sundstrom 6.04 not a bad shout if he's fit and well of course 

Edited by Flappy

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Andersen at reserve is only worth doing if the rider coming into the main body is good enough to at least average 6

If Hans starts at reserve, he will only be there until the first set of averages comes out anyway, imho

Will the promotion want Hans at reserve, a fully fit Hans on good equipment will score 15+ with 7 rides, could be costly.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Will the promotion want Hans at reserve, a fully fit Hans on good equipment will score 15+ with 7 rides, could be costly.

Surely the renowned  parsimony would not extend to such limits.