British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nicholls would be a superb reserve. If these two complete the team it’s a play off team IMO. 

Only if there are now only four teams in the "top" league.

I think the management/promotion need to be a bit more vocal with the public and Peterborough speedway could be the place to be on a Thursday night. It’s a shame as they don’t seem interested. My company has emailed Peterborough speedway twice offering sponsorship and after w while we had a reply from Carl asking if he could ring us, we provided a phone number and havnt heard anything since. Either the club has loads of money or they just can’t be bothered! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I think the management/promotion need to be a bit more vocal with the public and Peterborough speedway could be the place to be on a Thursday night. It’s a shame as they don’t seem interested. My company has emailed Peterborough speedway twice offering sponsorship and after w while we had a reply from Carl asking if he could ring us, we provided a phone number and havnt heard anything since. Either the club has loads of money or they just can’t be bothered! 

That is truly shocking

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

Yet i'm sure they'd be the first to moan in the press for lack of sponsorship once things go wrong.

• Like 1

It sounds like Johnson isn’t very good at his job. Is Pratt still involved? 

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

That is truly shocking

And totally unprofessional!   Not surprised are we?  :cry:

In fairness  it must take lot of time to evolve and execute the strategy of  excluding Blue Badge holders without actually   saying so. Small wonder that there is insufficient time to deal with such mundane matters as sponsorship.

• Like 1

So Nicholls and Ostergaard would leave Panthers how many points under the limit? 

On it's day that team could beat anyone in this league, they could just as easily be thumped.. 

Hans, Tungate and Harris are all very much up and down, and you could possibly add NKI to that after his brief spell last season.. 

Nicholls at reserve is a big plus though.. 

No doubt an interesting season ahead for the Panthers.. 

Btw, whatever happened to the Mikkel Bech rumours? 

Edited by YerRopes

4 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Lucky escape really. Surely it's not good to be associated with an operation that treats its disabled customers so shabbily, with weak reasoning and then isn't big enough to admit to a rethink to extract themselves from the mess they created for themselves.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

On it's day that team could beat anyone in this league, they could just as easily be thumped.. 

Hans, Tungate and Harris are all very much up and down, and you could possibly add NKI to that after his brief spell last season.. 

Nicholls at reserve is a big plus though.. 

No doubt an interesting season ahead for the Panthers.. 

Btw, whatever happened to the Mikkel Bech rumours? 

I'd imagine Iversen becoming available changed that 

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Niels 7.54

MPT 6.30

Hans 5.79

Harris 6.00

Tungate 6.59

Ully 4.00

Nicholls 5.50

I would say out of that team Nicholls would be the weakest around Peterborough 

Edited by Flappy

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It sounds like Johnson isn’t very good at his job. Is Pratt still involved? 

Yes he is and i was talking to him at Paradise Park today and bottled mentioning it(disabled parking) !!!!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I would say out of that team Nicholls would be the weakest around Peterborough 

For a successful team you need riders who can perform away from home as well. 

• Like 1