British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I would say out of that team Nicholls would be the weakest around Peterborough 

Possibly but he’ll he at reserve and therefore riding against opponents he should beat in heats 2, 8, 12 and 14. I think having an ex GP and international rider of some repute at reserve is a massive plus whatever his shortcomings nowadays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Yes he is and i was talking to him at Paradise Park today and bottled mentioning it(disabled parking) !!!!!

the guy is completely useless and no idea why he has managed to last so long at the club. 

maybe hes the only guy willing to do it for free?

Edited by cambpanther

Terrible news for BWD and Peterborough 

My opinion now has gone from liking the look of the panthers, it seemed like a tidy team, to looking like a reasonable team at best.

Assuming it’s Oster and Scott that is.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Possibly but he’ll he at reserve and therefore riding against opponents he should beat in heats 2, 8, 12 and 14. I think having an ex GP and international rider of some repute at reserve is a massive plus whatever his shortcomings nowadays.

He struggled at times to beat those types of riders at the showground last year,  maybe it was the track or his lack of firepower in his bikes one of those will need to be much better if he does end up at Peterborough at reserve, 

IMO Peterborough should be looking at a younger prospect now who they could use in the future, if there is a future that is.

• Like 2

Press and practice day Saturday March 14th

13:00 Gates open
13:15 Riders on track for session 1
14:15 Public access to centre green via the pit side gate for photos and autographs
15:00 Riders on track for session 2
16:00 End of press and practice

Edited by Noodles

16 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Clashes with the Ben Fund meeting

So no Peterborough riders available for BenFund Bonanza.      Shameful.

• Like 1

I am really surprised that Josh Pickering has not got a premiership place, he is a very exciting rider to watch and gives it everything

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The second part of that is spot on, but I'm not so sure about the first part. 

From the 2019 season, Scott Nicholls was generally good at Leicester, a more technical track where brains can sometimes out-do throttle (and more often since the track changes).

And he was good at certain away circuits, suited to his style and physique. 

But where that wasn''t the case, he was getting beaten by the level of riders you are saying he should beat in heats 2,8,12 and 14 in the PL.  If you have younger, less experienced riders in the team who will benefit from his experience and repute that is great, but will that apply at Peterborough, where the team is, on the whole, already  very experienced.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

He struggled at times to beat those types of riders at the showground last year,  maybe it was the track or his lack of firepower in his bikes one of those will need to be much better if he does end up at Peterborough at reserve, 

IMO Peterborough should be looking at a younger prospect now who they could use in the future, if there is a future that is.

What really got me was that he went really well for Wolverhampton at the Showground so one would've thought his kit was ok, then he was just rubbish for the Panthers..

The management knew what they were getting because he was pretty ordinary in 2018. His signing was an act of desperation pure and simple, if they sign him again it will be just the same. I hope the new team manager will find somebody else with over 6 to play with.

Pickering instead of Oystercard yes, not to replace BWD.

On a separate note where would we be without all the Aussies in the league.. No Poles and just 1 Swede.

20 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Yet i'm sure they'd be the first to moan in the press for lack of sponsorship once things go wrong.

Very true, the money is still there for them, Carl just needs to pick up the phone. I appreciate he’s probably at panic stations looking for some reserves but at least keep me posted regarding sponsorship opportunities 

8 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Very true, the money is still there for them, Carl just needs to pick up the phone. I appreciate he’s probably at panic stations looking for some reserves but at least keep me posted regarding sponsorship opportunities 

You really can't believe that potential sponsors are treated with such disdain.

14 hours ago, cambpanther said:

the guy is completely useless and no idea why he has managed to last so long at the club. 

maybe hes the only guy willing to do it for free?

Maybe those ultimately in charge don’t think he is completely useless and may be in a better position to make that judgement? 

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

So no Peterborough riders available for BenFund Bonanza.      Shameful.

Maybe it was the only viable date for this? I do like how certain people always jump to the conclusion that the management are the route of all evil with the perception they make decisions just to p*ss people off.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Maybe it was the only viable date for this? I do like how certain people always jump to the conclusion that the management are the route of all evil with the perception they make decisions just to p*ss people off.....

They have done a good job of that in the past few weeks, one way or another ...

• Like 2