British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Nicholls won't get a discount cause he never rode in NL!

He's British, and has never ridden here under a foreign licence, so of course he gets 2.5% discount off his average.

Ulrich confirmed for the Ben fund meeting. If he was the last rider you'd think he'd be at press & practise instead?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I mean did he pretty well for his first year in the extraliga. Can't ask for much more. 

Anders Thomsen?  Poor in SEC.

14 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Ulrich confirmed for the Ben fund meeting. If he was the last rider you'd think he'd be at press & practise instead?

We can hope 

27 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Ricky Wells is the man for the second reserve berth in my opinion. Rides Peterborough well and he like Scotty Nicholls can ride the technical tracks well. Ricky is also very good around Sheffield. 

Would prefer summers but wells isn’t a bad option either. Tidy looking side now that was worth the wait ;-). 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Yes you would think this rules him out.

Summers or Wells.

42 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Ricky Wells is the man for the second reserve berth in my opinion. Rides Peterborough well and he like Scotty Nicholls can ride the technical tracks well. Ricky is also very good around Sheffield. 

About time,,,, welcome back. Its a bummer having to wait to get a few posts reviewed first 

• Confused 1

It it's Wells,, summers,, or pretty much anyone,,, I think Buster has put you in prime position for some silverware. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He got the discount last season

Looked it up, you're correct!

Edited by szkocjasid

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

He's British, and has never ridden here under a foreign licence, so of course he gets 2.5% discount off his average.

I'm was sure the rule is rider has to have ridden in NL (or similar) Nicholls never has! But maybe I'm wrong?

Edited by szkocjasid

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He got the discount last season.

Looking at the aves Nicholls did get the 2.5% reduction last season! I was sure he didn't qualify for it but he defo deserves it along with any other British rider!

• Like 1

Does summers average fit? Think he'd be better value than Ostergaard personally and rode well in difficult circumstances last season, it wasn't his fault he replaced Cook.

If so the below looks like a decent team. All will be classed as experienced riders so no real excuses.

Iversen 

MPT 

Andersen 

Harris 

Tungate 

Nicholls 

Summers 

Edited by Flappy

13 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Does summers average fit? Think he'd be better value than Ostergaard personally and rode well in difficult circumstances last season, it wasn't his fault he replaced Cook.

If so the below looks like a decent team. All will be classed as experienced riders so no real excuses.

Iversen 

MPT 

Andersen 

Harris 

Tungate 

Nicholls 

Summers 

If my calculations are correct we have 4.92 for the final place  (reductions for Harris and Nicholls) .............

Iversen    7.54
Tungate    6.59
Palm Toft    6.30
Harris    6.00
Andersen    5.79
Nicholls    5.36
AN Other    4.92
TOTAL    42.50

........... so Summers on 4.87 would fit.

4 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

If my calculations are correct we have 4.92 for the final place  (reductions for Harris and Nicholls) .............

Iversen    7.54
Tungate    6.59
Palm Toft    6.30
Harris    6.00
Andersen    5.79
Nicholls    5.36
AN Other    4.92
TOTAL    42.50

........... so Summers on 4.87 would fit.

Let's hope the club make it happen. Be a waste to sign someone on a 4.00.

I know it's all about average gain, but realistically Ully could get a 5.00 on good machinery, Summers wont average any worse than what he is now.