British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

10 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Would be very surprised is Ostergaard averaged a 5 

On good (new) machinery and not his flymos he would get close. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm was sure the rule is rider has to have ridden in NL (or similar) Nicholls never has! But maybe I'm wrong?

I think they varied it last year from previous NL/CL experience to all British riders but your right Nicholls didn’t do NL.

As far as I am  aware Ostergaard will be announced next week. Overall he did not have a good season last year, but did pretty well at the end on his return to Panthers.

23 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

On good (new) machinery and not his flymos he would get close. 

ully for me every time especially on good equipment he`s panthers through and through always gives 100% and with the track now being extra grippy a no brainer. Now if the track was slick not quite so sure. the end of last season when ully rode a few meetings for us you could not ask for more 

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

As far as I am  aware Ostergaard will be announced next week. Overall he did not have a good season last year, but did pretty well at the end on his return to Panthers.

Blows hot and cold since I’ve ever watched him . summers just chips away and more consistent don’t get many 0s

Still waiting for the newbie to British racing the management mentioned a while back. Maybe that fell through ...

28 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Seems a bit odd that he would agree to do the Ben Fund meeting on the clubs P&P day then? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Still waiting for the newbie to British racing the management mentioned a while back. Maybe that fell through ...

Probably the same newbie that was supposed to be in the Kings Lynn team.

Just now, Baldyman said:

Wasn't there meant have been a rider signed that hadn't ridden in this country before? 

There was a mention of building the asset base not so long ago 

From three weeks ago:

PANTHERS PONDER NEW CLUB ASSET

Thursday February 06, 2020
peterborough_50_anniversary.jpg
PETERBOROUGH have hinted at the possibility of a newcomer to British racing coming to the club this year.

Talks are ongoing with several riders as the city side look to put the finishing touches to their side with three slots remaining.

Club owner Keith Chapman has again thanked fans for their patience as the new season approaches.

He insists there’s no need to panic and discussions will continue into next week.

But the prospect of a new club asset who has never ridden for a British club is a realistic one at the lower end of the side.

“We have contacts in Denmark and Sweden,” he said. “And at the lower end of the team we would look at the possibility of strengthening our asset base.

“It’s something every club needs to do, to satisfy the requirements for a retained list of assets and I can confirm one of the permutations we are looking at includes a new rider who has never ridden for Peterborough or for any British club for that matter.

“I would like to thank the fans for being so supportive and patient and I would like to think now we are into February the wait won’t be for much longer.

“I would also like to again offer my sincere thanks to Steve Thompstone at Crendon Timber for his team sponsorship and Michael Tomalin at City Auction Group for the club sponsorship. It’s very much appreciated and invaluable.”

Chapman fully understands the frustration expressed by some Crendon Panthers fans on social media.

He said: “I understand everyone wanting news yesterday and I can sense the frustration in some supporters which I totally understand.

“But we have to continue to explore every avenue and come up with what we believe is the best combination of three riders for Peterborough Speedway.

“There has been a couple of surprises in terms of riders who have been in touch and we just need to piece together the best team we can for the club.”

PETERBOROUGH Speedway are backed by Crendon Timber as team sponsors and City Auction Group as club sponsors.
Edited by Bagpuss
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Despite all the crap, and I admit the BB badge thing isn't good, he's the only one to buy a club and put money into it. Despite all the flack last season and the fact he lost money, he looks like he's trying to put a top 4 team together for 2020:t:

He or they may of put a bit more effort into the 2020 team make up but the first season has left everyone vary of him, the BB issue isnt good and for there sakes the team needs to distract people from this,

Buster spent good money last season on equipment and it resulted mostly in a poor indifferent track that didnt produce the entertainment most associate with the showground track,  if he gets the track right and the team does well it will help bring some around, 

As to the new fence i wondered why there was no more palletts for sale signs on the A 47 these days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flappy said:

There was a mention of building the asset base not so long ago 

Its funny how they should say this when its posted on here regularly that assets are classed as pointless these days

With the showground as  a home track and also the likes of belle Vue and Sheffield, someone like Nick Skorja would be a decent reserve