British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

6 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

So should we read anything into him being advertised as riding in the Ben Fund meeting, which happens to be the same day as Panthers P&P.

Probably not

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Still think signing Ostergaard would be an odd signing 

Club asset, fans’ favourite, attractive average - not that odd.....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Riding somewhere else rather than your clubs press and practise is odd though.

11 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Riding somewhere else rather than your clubs press and practise is odd though.

He hasn’t yet though has he

12 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

But he must have accepted a booking from the Ben Fund.  

But he may not have been offered a place by Peterborough at that time. IF he has now been offered that place, then you’d expect him to withdraw from the Ben Fund. 

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Is it really an attractive average given his championship average and season last year?  Summer or Wells must be a better bet surely 

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

He hasn’t yet though has he

No but he was announced for the Ben Fund after Nicholls was announced for Peterborough. 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

But he may not have been offered a place by Peterborough at that time. IF he has now been offered that place, then you’d expect him to withdraw from the Ben Fund. 

Surely he'd have been offered a place when the higher averaged BWD was in the team? Doesn't make sense to offer him a team place after the lower averaged Nicholls?

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

I think the Panthers will do well whoever their number 7 is, as long as they use up the points. If Bomber, Hans and Scotty don't put a 2.5 points on their ave between them, i'd be shocked. Mostly Bomber and Hans.

MPT looked fast at the back end of the season, I can see him holding his own.

I think NKI will average 8. He will average over 7.5 away, and I can see him average at least 9 at home. Looking pretty good for the Panther imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think the Panthers will do well whoever their number 7 is, as long as they use up the points. If Bomber, Hans and Scotty don't put a 2.5 points on their ave between them, i'd be shocked. Mostly Bomber and Hans.

MPT looked fast at the back end of the season, I can see him holding his own.

I think NKI will average 8. He will average over 7.5 away, and I can see him average at least 9 at home. Looking pretty good for the Panther imho.

Agree with you there, strange NKI didn't choose KL as he has ridden there fairly recently but from what i remember he always enjoyed riding at Peterborough so should score heavily particularly at home. 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Agree with you there, strange NKI didn't choose KL as he has ridden there fairly recently but from what i remember he always enjoyed riding at Peterborough so should score heavily particularly at home. 

Maybe Lynn didn’t choose him. 

• Like 2