British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Being as theres not much going on right now. My thoughts are that Niels is the better rider, he's proved it. But … At 38(I think) with his work load, and maybe with one eye on the GP's, I would put Niels and Cookie on a similar level in the UK right now.

Cookie had a bit of an unsettled 2019, and I think he will up last seasons average of 7.78 a little. The same with Niels, who finished at Ippo with 7.54. Both to average around the 8 point mark imho.. I see Crumpy around the 7 point mark. But we well see soon enough.

Great to see all 3 riding in the UK.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

yeah fair

In addition I wouldn’t be too keen on a reserve pairing of Hartel and Lambert.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

In addition I wouldn’t be too keen on a reserve pairing of Hartel and Lambert.

They should do alright in the Prem Jnr League........

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Being as theres not much going on right now. My thoughts are that Niels is the better rider, he's proved it. But … At 38(I think) with his work load, and maybe with one eye on the GP's, I would put Niels and Cookie on a similar level in the UK right now.

Cookie had a bit of an unsettled 2019, and I think he will up last seasons average of 7.78 a little. The same with Niels, who finished at Ippo with 7.54. Both to average around the 8 point mark imho.. I see Crumpy around the 7 point mark. But we well see soon enough.

Great to see all 3 riding in the UK.

Neils is 37 years old, turns 38 in June.

2 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Not long to wait now. Final signing announced Thursday morning. 

Who do you think it will be and who do you want it to be? I think it will be Ulrich Ostergaard. I'm hoping for Aaron Summers though.

Ostergaard. An "Axiom"

Not long to go to the opening meeting. I was really looking forward to the 50th Anniversary meeting, but am I the only one slightly under-whelmed by the line up so far?

Does the promotion really see Emil Grondal and Simon Lambert - great triers as they are - as part of a "mouth watering line-up"?!

Now there are only two places to fill. I was hoping to see possibly Nicki P.,  Jack Holder, Robert Lambert, even Craig Cook. 

I will still go, but this looks more like a chance for the 2020 Panthers to get in some practice rather than a big special 50th Anniversary meeting I was hoping for.

I thought this was going to be special?

• Like 2

Crump another but wouldn't want to give him the track practice I'd imagine 

2 hours ago, Speedster15 said:

Not long to wait now. Final signing announced Thursday morning. 

Who do you think it will be and who do you want it to be? I think it will be Ulrich Ostergaard. I'm hoping for Aaron Summers though.

It's Ostergaard I wish it was Summer or Wells personally 

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Crump another but wouldn't want to give him the track practice I'd imagine 

I doubt Crump needs any practice at Peterborough 

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

It's Ostergaard I wish it was Summer or Wells personally 

I don't know what Ulrich has done wrong to be not wanted

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I don't know what Ulrich has done wrong to be not wanted

I've nothing against Ulrich, it's just better riders are now an option with the points we have left,  since BWD went out & Nicholls came in. 

Edited by Noodles

If it is Ostergaard then the Promotion could be on upsetting fans once more as they would likely have him withdraw from the Ben Fund due to P&P.

Add that to the Blue Badge issue and staging P&P the same day as the Ben Fund in the first place.

With Ostergaard I am middle ground, will not be disappointed if he signs or if he does not.

Personally would go for Summers.

If its Ulrich then according to the new transfer window hes got the first 25% of the fixtures in the team regardless,   unless he unfortunetly gets injured, the left over points that teams have are lost unless injury strikes , so the near point Peterborough will have left over if they sign Ulrich should be used to its maximum imo, but can also see why they would go for Ulrich as a Peterborough rider.

Isnt Ulrich the only known asset of Peterborough Speedway. 

3 hours ago, Noodles said:

I've nothing against Ulrich, it's just better riders are now an option with the points we have left,  since BWD went out & Nicholls came in. 

Ulrich may be the best option as it appears he has a heart for the club and has never let them down, something other riders may lack.

• Like 1