British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

As an octagenerian, it is good to see Peterborough giving two young, under-30 riders the chance to prove themselves and gain experience. I hope they both progress and draw benefit from being in this team and go on to be cornerstones of the team for many years.

48 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

A team that more accurately reflects the age of its fanbase.

And the thinking of it's managemet team with disability issues and customer service.

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

Wow 7 riders who can all add 1.5 points on their starting averages 

Who has said that? MPT and Tungate  won't nor Ostergaard or Iversen but I would expect those 4 to maintain their average.

Just over a week until the first meeting isnt this the time to find out that one rider wont ride without coloured sponsors logo's on his kevlars or that a rider announced hasnt actually signed a contract yet or that Peterborough's team contains to many over 30's riders thats not in the rules. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spl77 said:

Wow 7 riders who can all add 1.5 points on their starting averages 

Could would be a better word than can

All this BS about how old this team is... really!?..this is not football..it's speedway..and some guy even suggesting they are so old they will be scared to pass..what planet are you on! mate?..riders like Bomber, Osterguard in fact all of the Panthers team will never be scared to pass and when they are they will retire. The reason I'm happy with this team is we have gone for all out racers not gate n go tarts..I like this team.. roll on season 2020.

• Like 3

I would go as far to say that the types of track now in the PL only Wolves and Ipswich are ‘technical’ so all out racers will be an advantage.

4 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Ironic really, that the season we have created major issues for our BB holders, we create probably the oldest team on record.

The irony will most certainly be lost on management.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, Blupanther said:

I bet it's not Motability Operations Ltd ...

Would be a good sponsor now that we know the team. Remember the days of looking across to the pits and marvelling at that parked up fleet of Readypower vehicles? Imagine those now being Motability vans. Of course you'd only be able to imagine it because they'd have to be parked outside.

And that's not a dig at the team which is fine in today's world. It's not 2006 so as long as you don't turn up expecting that then you'll be fine. However, Panthers Legend and Panthers Icon are both currently running Panthers Supremo close on the most irritating label table.

Edited by Crump99
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lukas said:

All this BS about how old this team is... really!?..this is not football..it's speedway..and some guy even suggesting they are so old they will be scared to pass..what planet are you on! mate?..riders like Bomber, Osterguard in fact all of the Panthers team will never be scared to pass and when they are they will retire. The reason I'm happy with this team is we have gone for all out racers not gate n go tarts..I like this team.. roll on season 2020.

Rohan Tungate a racer ????

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Round Peterborough on the evidence of last year I’d say yes. 

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Certainly is, some Aces fans would probably confirm that ...

• Like 5

Rohan was/is definitely a racer at the NSS. It was his away performances that were the problem.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Dont particularly  regard Tungate as a racer more someone that knows the lines of his home tracks but then I think most that race for Aces or Panthers can lay claim to that 

• Like 2