British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

2 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Already have lol. Although the bet will be void if they don't take part. I believe the work will be done and then it will be business as usual.

perhaps post a photocopy of the bet slip for proof :t:

• Haha 1

Wonder how many Peterborough riders will be in the last list for the Ben fund meeting on Saturday. Seems strange all competitors hadn’t been released yet. Then this not so unexpected news hits .

2 hours ago, Speedster15 said:

Yes. Buster tried but the answer was no. Then again all clubs probably try to sign riders who wont do a full British season. 

Didn't take you long to start making rubbish up again,   Buster told you that did he. 

Still at least you haven't started slagging off blue badge holders off this time. 

17 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Even if I did post a photo you would say it's someone else's or it's a fake. 

not if it's got the serial numbers on it :rolleyes:

Is anyone really surprised at the call off. Nothing that happens in British speedway these days shocks me anymore ...

The bigger picture is how long this will take and what the real motivation of the EOES owners really is.

Something stinks here 

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Is anyone really surprised at the call off. Nothing that happens in British speedway these days shocks me anymore ...

I don't think this is speedway related. This is a dispute with the stadium owners.

If I were to be annoyed at anything, it would be the prior knowledge that Peterborough speedway must surely have had.

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

PETERBOROUGH Speedway have been forced to put their 50th anniversary meeting on hold – and it’s nothing to do with the Coronavirus.
Panthers bosses have been advised the main grandstand at the East of England Arena is temporarily unavailable for spectators due to some important repair work.
Club owner Keith Chapman is, however, confident the Supporters’ Cup tie with King’s Lynn will go ahead next Thursday, March 19, as the new opening meeting date.
The situation with press and practice will be clarified very soon.
A statement from the East of England Arena reads as follows:
“Due to a remedial repair requirement with the Grandstand at The East of England Arena the venue and the organisers have jointly agreed to cancel this weekend’s (March 15) Speedway meeting in advance of further inspections.
“The venue are arranging suitable repairs to the structure which will take place as soon as possible however the structure will be reviewed for possible part usage during the repair period and more information will be available prior to the meeting of March 19.
“Our apologies to all the Speedway fans however safety has to be at the centre of all our planning and we should be able to update with more positive news soon.”
Chapman has also confirmed the club will look to rearrange their anniversary meeting later in the year.
PETERBOROUGH SPEEDWAY would like to thank Crendon Timber as main team sponsors and City Auction Group as club sponsors for their support.

ENDS

So didn't the panthers promotion know it wasn't available? Or has some damage recently be done?  Could have been a decent.crowd for this,,, weather allowing

Edited by Baldyman

Very disappointing start to the season once again and I'm sure there is still enough standing space without the grandstand?..would probably be 1000 people...sounds like a load of BS to me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

As I said before if I did post a photo with serial numbers on it then you would still say it's someone else's. 

not really because you will be the only person putting £250 on Peterborough to win the league :rofl:

26 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

I shall have a chat with a sponsor in the coming days and I shall ask them to find out the real reason behind this fiasco. Once I have found out the truth I will post it on here.

Excellent. Can do the same about Blue Badge parking.

26 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Right here it goes earlier than expected.

The severe high winds that recently took place has done damage to the grandstand. Health and safety is paramount. The club is under no threat. It's all about the grandstand once the grandstand is repaired then it's all system's go. 

Everything is being blown out of proportion. Roll on 2020 and hopefully the grandstand can be repaired ASAP.

nice pun BLOWN out of proportion :rofl:

33 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Right here it goes earlier than expected.

The severe high winds that recently took place has done damage to the grandstand. Health and safety is paramount. The club is under no threat. It's all about the grandstand once the grandstand is repaired then it's all system's go. 

Everything is being blown out of proportion. Roll on 2020 and hopefully the grandstand can be repaired ASAP.

When you WUM, you really must learn to hide it better.

15 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

I don't need to add anything on the subject other than a simple question. Have you asked yourself why the petition was pulled without much of a fight?

Indeed I have but can't make head nor tail of "I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January" so if you could advise what detail or reasoning is missing then that would help greatly with everyone's understanding.