British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 minute ago, Lukas said:

I thought this was meant to be a thread about Peterborough speedway..why are people even responding to this idiot?

This person is close, very close  to those who matter at Peterborough IMO

20 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Nah, if its who I think it is and thought its him for a very long time, it's just a avid fan who goes home and away with his flag.

9 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Nothing of the sort. I made it quite clear at the time why I closed the petition.

You reverted to the promoter definition of clear though Neil which just points out that they know something that paying customers, or those otherwise affected don't. Clarity and good reasoning can bring people onside and create understanding all round. The club statement that you point to as definitive is neither clear or has good reasoning (that couldn't have been dealt with with less draconian measures), so what bit of "I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined" are we missing because the club statement didn't satisfy you up to the point of your discussion?

Edited by Crump99

22 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

If he was that close he would actually see Niels health problems and understand why he made a very valid petition. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Speedster15 said:

I'm off guys. Hopefully I can continue this situation tomorrow and hopefully I get the chance to reach out to Mimmo and certain others that need to be checked on. If not then it's a shame but Phil really should even if it's just to do this one thing. He should let me stick around just for a bit and do what needs to be done. 

Things should be left in the manor they were and people affected need to be checked on and be given the chance to have a heart to heart conversation with me via PM or on a thread for everyone to see if they wish. 

I've done wrong and I'm trying to put things right but it's all down to Phil now. 

Why don’t you just PM Mimmo and then leave the forum?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

If that is true then he / she is very unlikely to be able to pour oil on troubled waters of any kind ( or have any interest in doing so ).

4 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

If that is true then he / she is very unlikely to be able to pour oil on troubled waters of any kind ( or have any interest in doing so ).

Carl Johnson...

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

You reverted to the promoter definition of clear though Neil which just points out that they know something that paying customers, or those otherwise affected don't. Clarity and good reasoning can bring people onside and create understanding all round. The club statement that you point to as definitive is neither clear or has good reasoning (that couldn't have been dealt with with less draconian measures), so what bit of "I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined" are we missing because the club statement didn't satisfy you up to the point of your discussion?

My post on February 19th read: ‘I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January (http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3747). Thank you to all who signed...’

I don't see how that could be any clearer. If the Club press release is 'neither clear or has good reasoning' that's something to take up with them, not me. You are missing nothing, I am still dissatisfied with the situation but as it was made clear that the decision would not be changed, despite the management being fully aware of the petition's existence and the 180+ signatures, the petition was closed.

2 hours ago, hans fan said:

If he was that close he would actually see Niels health problems and understand why he made a very valid petition. 

I assume you meant me rather than NKI..... The new arrangements would affect me greatly if I were permitted to attend meetings at the Showground and I know of a good number of others that will be prevented from attending by the change.

My approach to the issue didn't demand the new policy be dropped, but simply asked for alternative arrangements to be put in place to recognise the particular needs of disabled fans and Blue Badge holders. Despite the numbers that supported the petition, and the very personal and moving statements made by a number of fans, it seems that won't be the case.

I would add that I don't believe that the Club would be so unprofessional as to condone 'Speedster15' posting on here ostensibly on their behalf, and wonder if they in fact know that it is going on.

Edited by NeilWatson
Addition
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

3 hours in and not one like says it all. Your post doesn't affect me but I shall be the bigger person and give you a word of advice that should take on this occasion.

Coronavirus is no joke. It's taking hundreds of lives soon to be thousands and who knows maybe even millions.

If one of your loved ones ends up catching the coronavirus and passes it on to other members of your family and some of or even all of them cant fight off the coronavirus then it's a guarantee you wouldn't be making any jokes about the coronavirus then so it's best not to make any jokes now. This is not a dig to get a reaction. This is just me being straight up honest with you.  

Call me a troll or even swear at me if you feel like it but I think you've done more damage to your own image with a coronavirus joke. 

Totally agree this is not a subject for jest.

• Like 1

Only another few day's and Speedway is BACK. I can't wait,it's been a long wet winter. So looking forward to watching my favourite Sport.

Good Luck to all rider's have a great season injury free. Please put a Smile back on our faces because I'm fed up with all these moaners on here.

BE HAPPY. !!!!!

• Like 4

Are you able to enlighten me why you was banned Neil ? A lot of unpaid hours go into promoting/helping speedway survive, & I find it very poor that the management have banned you from attending. You don't come over as an aggressive person, so I'm confused how this situation has developed.

36 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Are you able to enlighten me why you was banned Neil ? A lot of unpaid hours go into promoting/helping speedway survive, & I find it very poor that the management have banned you from attending. You don't come over as an aggressive person, so I'm confused how this situation has developed.

I can’t say, because I have never been given a reason. Following the 2018 AGM I was asked to continue as a Promoter under Mr Chapman’s ownership. In January 2019 for various reasons I decided I would not apply for a licence for the 2019 season and advised Mr Chapman accordingly, and handed all the Club admin I held over to the new owners in good order (and have been publicly thanked for doing so). It’s usual for former Promoters to be welcome as guests at their Club (I’ve been Promoter at Peterborough on three different occasions of course) but that was denied me, as was the ability to pay at the turnstiles.

Edited by NeilWatson

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

My post on February 19th read: ‘I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January (http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3747). Thank you to all who signed...’

I don't see how that could be any clearer. If the Club press release is 'neither clear or has good reasoning' that's something to take up with them, not me. You are missing nothing, I am still dissatisfied with the situation but as it was made clear that the decision would not be changed, despite the management being fully aware of the petition's existence and the 180+ signatures, the petition was closed.

You're so infuriating at times. That's not a discussion. It's them telling you what they've already said without you questioning it (as you had the perfect opportunity to do what you've just told me to do).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greytiger said:

Only another few day's and Speedway is BACK. I can't wait,it's been a long wet winter. So looking forward to watching my favourite Sport.

Good Luck to all rider's have a great season injury free. Please put a Smile back on our faces because I'm fed up with all these moaners on here.

BE HAPPY. !!!!!

Think you could be wishful thinking about seeing much speedway soon.