British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

3 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

Who does twitter for the club, anyone know ?

Used to be Mark Plummer I think, and probably still is along with others which would probably explain the ET's reluctance to investigate the BB situation.

But since "Lyon arrives at the East of England Arena as part of a backroom re-shuffle which sees co-promoter Carl Johnson take on a wider role in club affairs, focusing on commercial activities and the overall running of meetings alongside Colin Pratt." you'd assume that he or someone close has a significant input?

24 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Used to be Mark Plummer I think, and probably still is along with others which would probably explain the ET's reluctance to investigate the BB situation.

But since "Lyon arrives at the East of England Arena as part of a backroom re-shuffle which sees co-promoter Carl Johnson take on a wider role in club affairs, focusing on commercial activities and the overall running of meetings alongside Colin Pratt." you'd assume that he or someone close has a significant input?

" What tangled webs we weave"

Didn’t think there would ever be a more mind numbing thread on this forum than gavan arguing with poole fans but some how this one has managed it :blink:

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Whatever happened to Gavan,,, the Ipswich fan

His sparring partners don't post anymore.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Didn’t think there would ever be a more mind numbing thread on this forum than gavan arguing with poole fans but some how this one has managed it :blink:

That'll be the Ipswich and 6 fingers fans contributing. Can only apologise for them :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It’s usual for former Promoters to be welcome as guests at their Club (I’ve been Promoter at Peterborough on three different occasions of course) but that was denied me, as was the ability to pay at the turnstiles.

Plenty of evidence there of the pettiness that exists at the top level of speedway. No hope I feel for concern for minorities such as the disabled or those with mobility or other BB issues. 

10 hours ago, Crump99 said:

That'll be the Ipswich and 6 fingers fans contributing. Can only apologise for them :)

I think you’ll find the contributions are firmly in camp of someone deeply involved with everything Peterborough :rofl:

9 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I think you’ll find the contributions are firmly in camp of someone deeply involved with everything Peterborough :rofl:

Indeed. I forgot to add that :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That's Michael Jones,,, he has learning difficulties as far as I'm aware. 

I'm more thinking female, a partner of one of those involved,,, certainly types and talks like a female,,,, going over the same thing over and over again.  Which could explain the sudden back tracking,,, as its close to her name coming out. 

Give us an A and another one! Give us an M & an N. And an H please, then a C. And finally a P please.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Plenty of evidence there of the pettiness that exists at the top level of speedway. No hope I feel for concern for minorities such as the disabled or those with mobility or other BB issues. 

I’m happy to say that many Promoters across all leagues are pleased to welcome me to their track.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 4

Can see the speedway season getting affected by this soon. As of Monday no gatherings of over 500 people in Scotland. That’s Glasgow and Edinburgh speedway in trouble 

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

Can see the speedway season getting affected by this soon. As of Monday no gatherings of over 500 people in Scotland. That’s Glasgow and Edinburgh speedway in trouble 

it's a bit strange Cheltenham is still going ahead today when I believe the  Kelso meeting is behind closed doors .

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

it's a bit strange Cheltenham is still going ahead today when I believe the  Kelso meeting is behind closed doors .

BSPA statement says business as usual