British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

On updates for Ben Fund meeting someone has said that any sports that require an ambulance to be on stand by wont go ahead irrespective of crowd size.

Edited by scoobydoo

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

On updates for Ben Fund meeting someone has said that any sports that require an ambulance to be on stand by wont go ahead irrespective of crowd size.

That just about shuts the sport down for the next two to three months. With a massive worldwide fixture backlog in place, it won't be worth starting a full league programme.

42 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Sounds logical. And considering that we're so concerned about H&S that we throw BBs outside (sorry for that bit, unnecessary but had to get it in), can you imagine waiting around for a county ambulance to transfer an injured rider? Firstly we'd be sitting there all night, secondly, if and when it did arrive, what priority would that be at A&E with limited, stressed and overworked staff with limited resources? We can't run under such circumstance.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Sounds logical. And considering that we're so concerned about H&S that we throw BBs outside (sorry for that bit, unnecessary but had to get it in), can you imagine waiting around for a county ambulance to transfer an injured rider? Firstly we'd be sitting there all night, secondly, if and when it did arrive, what priority would that be at A&E with limited, stressed and overworked staff with limited resources? We can't run under such circumstance.

If this is the case its going to hit Buster Chapmans pocket bigtime as no Speedway and no Stock Cars

28 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Did anyone on the forum attend today’s press and practice ? Was the stand available or was it closed due to having work done to it ?

Someone is pictured inside the stand, however could be a marshal ensuring no one enters. 

15 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I've lost £5,000 in the stock market. 

Got off lightly then. I wish I'd been that lucky. Assume that we're only talking electronic losses (or FTSE monopoly in your case) and not that you bought a load of BP shares or similar a month/6 weeks ago for cash.

Edited by Crump99

Bombers new bikes look different and I'm told they look very quick 

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Bombers new bikes look different and I'm told they look very quick 

The seat looks dangerous to me - any rider crashing into the back of him surely could be speared by it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The seat looks dangerous to me - any rider crashing into the back of him surely could be speared by it

Least of our problems is Bombers seat ;) or was I just had up :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not much chance of many riders being behind on last season’s evidence. Can’t see this year being much different tbh

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Did anyone on the forum attend today’s press and practice ? Was the stand available or was it closed due to having work done to it ?

The stand was closed

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

..better stop Motocross racing then!...are you trying to outdo that other idiot on here with post of the week?..Lol

Edited by Lukas