British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Panthers fans might enjoy this memory of 40 (!) yeears ago!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Great heat 12.

Edited by stevebrum
Missing number

Rye House  & Mildenhall were early pioneers of team leathers wonder how many speedway fans of that era thought it would actually catch on. 

Edited by scoobydoo

7 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Wasnt any cow bell ringing during that meeting.  !!!! 

Watched Mildenhall v Peterborough few days ago  Mick Hines got so much stick that day from the fen tigers fans but it didnt help him racing in his tigers colours with a panther on his chest. 

Fish and Chips always made the trips to west row more enjoyable. 

• Like 3

On 4/8/2020 at 11:37 AM, scoobydoo said:

Fish and Chips always made the trips to west row more enjoyable. 

You obviously didn't go last season then..LOL!!:nono:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

You obviously didn't go last season then..LOL!!:nono:

No,  but in the days when Peterborough rode matches there they were easier to stomach and had a bit more bite than many Panthers performances thats for sure only thing the same they both were normally battered :t:

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know more pressing matters at moment, but sent off £480 in January for season tickets. Had an acknowledgement but cheque not cashed till I believe March. I have doubts that we will see any Speedway this season , in fact the longer this goes on I fear we will not see Panthers again. Asked for money back and told request sent to accounts department,  nothing heard since.  If it helps Panthers I am willing to let things be , but I am not willing to help management who treat disabled fans in such a shameful and callous way.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I know more pressing matters at moment, but sent off £480 in January for season tickets. Had an acknowledgement but cheque not cashed till I believe March. I have doubts that we will see any Speedway this season , in fact the longer this goes on I fear we will not see Panthers again. Asked for money back and told request sent to accounts department,  nothing heard since.  If it helps Panthers I am willing to let things be , but I am not willing to help management who treat disabled fans in such a shameful and callous way.

That reminds me - I just revisited "PLEASE NOTE: Disabled Parking (Inside the Showground) - CLICK HERE to read the notice" - I haven't looked at it for a month or more and had forgotten what a bad decision it is. I had to chuckle at "park as near as possible to the entrance gates in use at the time" because I'd forgotten how far that is from the required destination point. Someone really needs to do an online disability awareness course during lockdown. Hopefully they are not enjoying the restrictions currently in place when they can't do what they want and that should help them to empathise with their disabled customers?

As you say, more pressing matters at the moment in that we all want individuals and the sport come out of the other side of this health and economy destroying pandemic. With physical distancing seemingly likely to be in place for some considerable time then I can't see anything sporting involving a crowd starting up any time in the near future anyway.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Any noise on season ticket refunds?

No noise or indeed news

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Any noise on season ticket refunds?

Still promoting their sale so why would they refund?

If the season is cancelled then full cash refunds should be given not vouchers/credits. 

17 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If the season is cancelled then full cash refunds should be given not vouchers/credits. 

Lol. The money has already been spent.

The BSPA will put out a statement on behalf of all clubs, so the clubs can then divert blame away.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan