British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

If its spent then the only thing that will come out of Peterborough will be if you want a cash refund we will be forced to fold. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If its spent then the only thing that will come out of Peterborough will be if you want a cash refund we will be forced to fold. 

Very much afraid you are right. I know Carl Johnson has sent  my request for a refund to the big boss, but as expected  in typical Speedway fashion have heard sod all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Very much afraid you are right. I know Carl Johnson has sent  my request for a refund to the big boss, but as expected  in typical Speedway fashion have heard sod all. 

You will most likely get a free season pass voucher to the stock cars or Kings Lynn speedway with a free burger and car parking space close to the entrance window thrown in,  unless of course you have a BB lol :t:

• Haha 1

If speedway was to start anytime again this year could BWD be fit to go for someone.

Well Neil’s is in Poland for the foreseeable. So I would sign him up. Not sure if Hans is riding Poland or not but BWD will score just as many points round the showground than anyone in my opinion 

So thats Doyle, Batchelor and Iversen off to Poland,  be better to knock UK premiership speedway on the head now as theres bound to be several more riders missing , promotions wont want to lower admission charges whilst the standard of the league is getting more and more watered down

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

So thats Doyle, Batchelor and Iversen off to Poland,  be better to knock UK premiership speedway on the head now as theres bound to be several more riders missing , promotions wont want to lower admission charges whilst the standard of the league is getting more and more watered down

The UK will be in the same situation as Sweden who must be in an even worse situation as they have lots of Poles usually filling their team spots. 

Not sure if it's been discussed but could speedway for Peterborough be moved from the show ground to the greyhound stadium? Has this ever been explored? Seen today they have cancelled greyhound racing and are looking at other opportunities 

48 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Not sure if it's been discussed but could speedway for Peterborough be moved from the show ground to the greyhound stadium? Has this ever been explored? Seen today they have cancelled greyhound racing and are looking at other opportunities 

I don't think Speedway for Peterborough would exist if that happens. Could you imagine the fans dismay going from the Showground to a tiny track inside the greyhound track which is already quite small at 370 meters. Would be about the same as Oxford or Rye House. 

Peterborough fans just wouldn't watch it

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't think Speedway for Peterborough would exist if that happens. Could you imagine the fans dismay going from the Showground to a tiny track inside the greyhound track which is already quite small at 370 meters. Would be about the same as Oxford or Rye House. 

Peterborough fans just wouldn't watch it

Thought they had finished greyhounds all together and were exploring other avenues.370 metres would be a good size track.

3 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Yes it was explored around 1969 at least a year before speedway started at the showground by then Leicester promoter Ron Wilson I don't what conclusions came out of  it but as far as I know he was the first to explore the possibility of speedway in Peterborough

I've never been to the facility myself so have no idea on size but its online today they are exploring other uses for it as they are stopping greyhounds 

Situated in a built up area quite close to the town centre with both commercial and residential buildings, think the favourite has to be land for housing development, 

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Situated in a built up area quite close to the town centre with both commercial and residential buildings, think the favourite has to be land for housing development, 

The Perkins are 2 of the most cleverest buissness Men you’ll ever meet, there as tight as a ducks ass . They don’t give a penny to anybody If they can help it and always make out they have no money . There not stupid they won’t be paying there trainers a penny now and don’t be surprised come next year they’ll be having a change of heart.The last thing they care about is the dogs , trainers, and owners 

46 minutes ago, hans fan said:

The Perkins are 2 of the most cleverest buissness Men you’ll ever meet, there as tight as a ducks ass . They don’t give a penny to anybody If they can help it and always make out they have no money . There not stupid they won’t be paying there trainers a penny now and don’t be surprised come next year they’ll be having a change of heart.The last thing they care about is the dogs , trainers, and owners 

Would be some very long stand off then if Chapman was to try to negotiate moving the Panthers there,  not that he would mind you .