British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Just to share with you the latest on season ticket issue and to reiterate I will not starve without it but the sheer arrogance gets my hackles rising:

After being ignored by the promoter I E mailed Norfolk Arena several times and in desperation threatened action in small claims court.  Got a reply on 19th  June from a Barbara at Norfolk Arena denying all knowledge of previous E mails other than last which had been located in junk folder. Most apologetic  and promised all would be looked into and she would speak to promotion and BSPA  . You would never believe it but since then I have heards sod all. I really would have let the whole issue ride if it would have helped the club( not Chapman) but the arrogant contempt in which they treat fans makes me sick. How do they think they will get fans to engage with this attitude is beyond me.  I really think the most likely outcome if Panthers run again( I have my doubts about that) is that they will try to ban me for causing trouble.

I feel for you mate. I've got a few quid tied up in a 10 meeting Eastbourne ticket, but I'm prepared to wait till next season if necessary, to use it.

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Just to share with you the latest on season ticket issue and to reiterate I will not starve without it but the sheer arrogance gets my hackles rising:

After being ignored by the promoter I E mailed Norfolk Arena several times and in desperation threatened action in small claims court.  Got a reply on 19th  June from a Barbara at Norfolk Arena denying all knowledge of previous E mails other than last which had been located in junk folder. Most apologetic  and promised all would be looked into and she would speak to promotion and BSPA  . You would never believe it but since then I have heards sod all. I really would have let the whole issue ride if it would have helped the club( not Chapman) but the arrogant contempt in which they treat fans makes me sick. How do they think they will get fans to engage with this attitude is beyond me.  I really think the most likely outcome if Panthers run again( I have my doubts about that) is that they will try to ban me for causing trouble.

How disappointing Wealdstone but sadly unsurprising, they way they treat fans is shameful.

Unfortunately speedway is run by the arrogant cowboy Chapman, he’s the past BSPA chairman for goodness sake and was so called running the sport!!!  As I’ve said in other posts this man and the other clown Godfrey have overseen the downfall of speedway and if they go bust, which they probably will, they have only themselves to blame. 

On 7/1/2020 at 3:53 PM, wealdstone said:

Given the likely economic situation in future they are going to need all the fans that they can get if they do run again so I wouldn't worry too much. I'd say that they need to think who'll have the most disposable income in future so alienating their season ticket holders on top of their disabled customers wouldn't be the smartest move.

• Like 1

Sadly think that its most likely the end of speedway in Peterborough so getting season ticket money back will become that much harder. 

16 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Sadly think that its most likely the end of speedway in Peterborough so getting season ticket money back will become that much harder. 

I think you are right.

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I think you are right.

Most clubs are simply waiting to see how many fixtures - if any - they can get in?!

Just as a matter of interest, when applying/paying for a season ticket, did you have apply to the Norfolk Arena or the Panthers Promotion?

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Most clubs are simply waiting to see how many fixtures - if any - they can get in?!

Just as a matter of interest, when applying/paying for a season ticket, did you have apply to the Norfolk Arena or the Panthers Promotion?

PLEASE RETURN TO: PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS SPEEDWAY, 44 FRASERBURGH WAY, ORTON SOUTHGATE, PETERBOROUGH, CAMBS, PE2 6SS (I HAVE ENCLOSED A CHEQUE FOR £…………………MADE PAYABLE TO PETERBOROUGH SPEEDWAY LIMITED) - and the link is still on the website. No excuse for that given where we are!

Edited by Crump99

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

PLEASE RETURN TO: PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS SPEEDWAY, 44 FRASERBURGH WAY, ORTON SOUTHGATE, PETERBOROUGH, CAMBS, PE2 6SS (I HAVE ENCLOSED A CHEQUE FOR £…………………MADE PAYABLE TO PETERBOROUGH SPEEDWAY LIMITED) - and the link is still on the website. No excuse for that given where we are!

To clarify : Money sent as above. When it was apparent that the season would not start I contacted Peterborough Speedway and had a reply from Carl Johnson who said he had passed my request to Accounts department.  Had subsequent E Mails from Carl  asking if I had had any response from those at Kings Lynn and indicating that he had no response from them on a number of issues.  I totally understand that these are difficult times and as I have said on numerous  occasions I will not starve without the money.  It really gets me however that the promotion can't even be bothered to respond and even with the involvement of "Barbara" they still do not respond. I want Peterborough Speedway to continue and  with any sort of response , pleas or request to let things ride would of had a positive response from me. However we are dealing with a promotion who are content to reinvent the criteria for Blue Badge holders for their own purposes, get a management troll to defend their position in a most offensive way.  It seems to me Speedway is in the hands of a cartel of which Fans are not part of.

I'm no defender of Chapman but all I'd say is, there's nothing to say that's already been said, which is;

"All clubs want some kind of racing if possible in 2020." 

Until there is word from the Government & the BSPA I'm afraid there's nothing to tell season ticket holders. 

It's also been suggested that season tickets may or may not roll into 2021 etc but no club can answer that for definite. 

The threat of small claims court doesn't stand when businesses have been trying to work or not work in an unprecedented pandemic environment. Plus the fact that no claim could possibly be made until the season completion at the end of October anyway. 

All I'd recommend is just a bit of patience rather than trying to bash & threaten Buster when he doesn't know WTF is going on himself. That goes on behalf of every other promotion in the UK. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm no defender of Chapman but all I'd say is, there's nothing to say that's already been said, which is;

Until there is word from the Government & the BSPA I'm afraid there's nothing to tell season ticket holders. 

It's also been suggested that season tickets may or may not roll into 2021 etc but no club can answer that for definite. 

The threat of small claims court doesn't stand when businesses have been trying to work or not work in an unprecedented pandemic environment. Plus the fact that no claim could possibly be made until the season completion at the end of October anyway. 

All I'd recommend is just a bit of patience rather than trying to bash & threaten Buster when he doesn't know WTF is going on himself. That goes on behalf of every other promotion in the UK. 

Possibly I am being totally unreasonable  in thinking that when Mr Chapman has nearly £500 of my money  for something  he can no longer provide I would quite like it back.  Even more unreasonable  is to not realise it is quite proper to totally ignore me , because he himself does not know what is going on. It may be  of course that he knows a bit more than me.

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

...I wonder if you’d be quite so understanding if you’d bought a new telly for £500 from Curry's and it hadn’t arrived after 4 months?

By now ALL clubs should have refunded  ALL the season ticket money or issued a full explanation as to what is going to happen with season tickets in the future.

The way this is being handled is disgraceful...they think because you are ‘fans’ they can get away with it so they ignore you!! They are cowboys! 

13 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

...I wonder if you’d be quite so understanding if you’d bought a new telly for £500 from Curry's and it hadn’t arrived after 4 months?

By now ALL clubs should have refunded  ALL the season ticket money or issued a full explanation as to what is going to happen with season tickets in the future.

The way this is being handled is disgraceful...they think because you are ‘fans’ they can get away with it so they ignore you!! They are cowboys! 

Put it this way, I'm on holiday from the 17th July (which should have happened in May by the way) & I've sat & waited patiently for information from the holiday company. The holiday cost me £800 & I've not complained once because I fully understand the situation. 

It's an unprecedented time & if you don't have the patience to wait for an outcome during, what still is, an ongoing pandemic, then I think you need a long hard look at yourselves rather than blaming others.

Get a fooking grip FFS. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Put it this way, I'm on holiday from the 17th July (which should have happened in May by the way) & I've sat & waited patiently for information from the holiday company. The holiday cost me £800 & I've not complained once because I fully understand the situation. 

It's an unprecedented time & if you don't have the patience to wait for an outcome during, what still is, an ongoing pandemic, then I think you need a long hard look at yourselves rather than blaming others.

Get a fooking grip FFS. 

Fair enough, well done, hope you enjoy your £800 camping holiday you’ve deserved it for being so super patient.

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

All very well to tell people to get a grip FFS and you make valid points but speedway's problem is that it doesn't communicate, or does it badly when it does. They could put out some sort of sterile message regarding season tickets instead of the endless guff of news items they put out. The last news item of note was nearly two months ago when they set out the position as it was then and finished with “In addition it’s important to appreciate our wonderful sponsors Crendon Timber, the team sponsor, and club sponsor City Auction Group, for sticking with the club.” , although why they support a club that makes life for it's disabled customers impossible or more difficult I don't know? Anyway, that's a different thread, how about an update on the current overall position, given that a hopeful Jul/Aug start was mentioned in that news item and we are now in July? That costs nothing and if they don't know WTF is going on now above that May message then we are in trouble. Chapman could even end it with a message of appreciation for supporters? Costs nothing, only a bit of time!

As an example, this is the sort of thing, from the POSH website (relating to matches not received in 2019/20):

It has been an unprecedented time, a hugely challenging time and a period that has been extremely frustrating for everyone connected with the football club. The backing of the fans during this period has been exceptional and if you feel that you are in a position to do so, we would appreciate any waiver or donation that can be opted for. In return, we will recognise that generosity in a unique way at the new stadium and as a further gesture, we will allow 2020/21 season ticket holders to bring a friend two times during next season free of charge (when safe to do so).