British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

21 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

All very well to tell people to get a grip FFS and you make valid points but speedway's problem is that it doesn't communicate, or does it badly when it does. They could put out some sort of sterile message regarding season tickets instead of the endless guff of news items they put out. The last news item of note was nearly two months ago when they set out the position as it was then and finished with “In addition it’s important to appreciate our wonderful sponsors Crendon Timber, the team sponsor, and club sponsor City Auction Group, for sticking with the club.” , although why they support a club that makes life for it's disabled customers impossible or more difficult I don't know? Anyway, that's a different thread, how about an update on the current overall position, given that a hopeful Jul/Aug start was mentioned in that news item and we are now in July? That costs nothing and if they don't know WTF is going on now above that May message then we are in trouble. Chapman could even end it with a message of appreciation for supporters? Costs nothing, only a bit of time!

As an example, this is the sort of thing, from the POSH website (relating to matches not received in 2019/20):

It has been an unprecedented time, a hugely challenging time and a period that has been extremely frustrating for everyone connected with the football club. The backing of the fans during this period has been exceptional and if you feel that you are in a position to do so, we would appreciate any waiver or donation that can be opted for. In return, we will recognise that generosity in a unique way at the new stadium and as a further gesture, we will allow 2020/21 season ticket holders to bring a friend two times during next season free of charge (when safe to do so).

Well said, exactly my point, it’s the arrogance of the promoters and Chapman in particular that really annoys me, they moan and complain about crowd levels and fans walking away from the sport...AND they wonder why!! They don’t give a toss about the fans! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Put it this way, I'm on holiday from the 17th July (which should have happened in May by the way) & I've sat & waited patiently for information from the holiday company. The holiday cost me £800 & I've not complained once because I fully understand the situation. 

It's an unprecedented time & if you don't have the patience to wait for an outcome during, what still is, an ongoing pandemic, then I think you need a long hard look at yourselves rather than blaming others.

Get a fooking grip FFS. 

If you have paid £800 and have not even  had an acknowledgement  and even polite request have been ignored you are a truly wonderful person. Possibly at some time you will get your holiday. In the case of Speedway what I paid for cannot be supplied.  As for holidays I too have paid for a holiday in my case nearly £4000 , in this case the holiday company have advised me they can't provide the holiday and have offered money back or to defer till next year. All instigated by them .

19 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Well said, exactly my point, it’s the arrogance of the promoters and Chapman in particular that really annoys me, they moan and complain about crowd levels and fans walking away from the sport...AND they wonder why!! They don’t give a toss about the fans! 

It's a bit unfair to say all. I'm sure some do give a toss but you don't take on the mafia. You go with the flow or they'll get you in the end as Frost/Mahoney and Sandhu found out to their cost, as did Rathbone.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

If you have paid £800 and have not even  had an acknowledgement  and even polite request have been ignored you are a truly wonderful person. Possibly at some time you will get your holiday. In the case of Speedway what I paid for cannot be supplied.  As for holidays I too have paid for a holiday in my case nearly £4000 , in this case the holiday company have advised me they can't provide the holiday and have offered money back or to defer till next year. All instigated by them .

Surely as with most clubs, much of the money taken for season tickets has probably been shelled out to riders, vehicle leasing companies etc as part of riders' signing on deals. Once any refunding starts then it will have to apply for all and maybe just maybe clubs and fans will have to wait until clubs can get some more income in.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely as with most clubs, much of the money taken for season tickets has probably been shelled out to riders, vehicle leasing companies etc as part of riders' signing on deals. Once any refunding starts then it will have to apply for all and maybe just maybe clubs and fans will have to wait until clubs can get some more income in.

If you are saying  the fans will  have to wait until the riders repay,  then the fans are in big trouble !!!!!

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I appreciate all that , it's the fact that People like Chapman deal with the problem as though it did not exist

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That is really beside the point. Clubs should clearly explain to fans, who have paid there money in good faith, how they are going to refund money or why they will have to wait. Ignoring fans and hiding away as they are doing, will only raise worry that there money has gone. Clubs are businesses and they have a responsibility to there customers.

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Most of the more progressive Clubs seem to be offering option of full immediate refund or defer ticket to use in 2021. Not fair I think to assume all are as tardy as Peterborough seem to be.

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

All very well to tell people to get a grip FFS and you make valid points but speedway's problem is that it doesn't communicate, or does it badly when it does. They could put out some sort of sterile message regarding season tickets instead of the endless guff of news items they put out. The last news item of note was nearly two months ago when they set out the position as it was then and finished with “In addition it’s important to appreciate our wonderful sponsors Crendon Timber, the team sponsor, and club sponsor City Auction Group, for sticking with the club.” , although why they support a club that makes life for it's disabled customers impossible or more difficult I don't know? Anyway, that's a different thread, how about an update on the current overall position, given that a hopeful Jul/Aug start was mentioned in that news item and we are now in July? That costs nothing and if they don't know WTF is going on now above that May message then we are in trouble. Chapman could even end it with a message of appreciation for supporters? Costs nothing, only a bit of time!

As an example, this is the sort of thing, from the POSH website (relating to matches not received in 2019/20):

It has been an unprecedented time, a hugely challenging time and a period that has been extremely frustrating for everyone connected with the football club. The backing of the fans during this period has been exceptional and if you feel that you are in a position to do so, we would appreciate any waiver or donation that can be opted for. In return, we will recognise that generosity in a unique way at the new stadium and as a further gesture, we will allow 2020/21 season ticket holders to bring a friend two times during next season free of charge (when safe to do so).

The difference is, football knows where it stands. 

Speedway is between a rock & a hard place as it certainly couldn't afford behind closed doors at all. 

I fully understand that people's money is with individual clubs but the questions should be to the BSPA as a whole. 

The BSPA should be getting it's house in order, releasing statements etc on behalf of every club. Of course, no club is in the same position financially but for the fans, the plans for going forward has to be from the BSPA & not the individual club. 

That's where the questions need to go

As i understand it Kent have issued a refund to its season ticket holders and Eastbourne have decided the following.

10 Match Tickets and Season Ticket Holders can have either a full refund or carry tickets over until 2021. Those people who carry the tickets over until 2021 will be given free admission to any meetings held this season. Like Cityrebel i am carrying my 10 match ticket over to 2021, if we get a few free meetings in 2020 then its a bonus.

47 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I appreciate all that , it's the fact that People like Chapman deal with the problem as though it did not exist

...and that’s because he’s a clueless clown who is spineless hiding away from dealing with important matters. 

5 minutes ago, FootieandSpeedway said:

As i understand it Kent have issued a refund to its season ticket holders and Eastbourne have decided the following.

10 Match Tickets and Season Ticket Holders can have either a full refund or carry tickets over until 2021. Those people who carry the tickets over until 2021 will be given free admission to any meetings held this season. Like Cityrebel i am carrying my 10 match ticket over to 2021, if we get a few free meetings in 2020 then its a bonus.

Now that’s the way to deal with it..well done Kent and Eastie!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm no defender of Chapman but all I'd say is, there's nothing to say that's already been said, which is;

"All clubs want some kind of racing if possible in 2020." 

Until there is word from the Government & the BSPA I'm afraid there's nothing to tell season ticket holders. 

It's also been suggested that season tickets may or may not roll into 2021 etc but no club can answer that for definite. 

The threat of small claims court doesn't stand when businesses have been trying to work or not work in an unprecedented pandemic environment. Plus the fact that no claim could possibly be made until the season completion at the end of October anyway. 

All I'd recommend is just a bit of patience rather than trying to bash & threaten Buster when he doesn't know WTF is going on himself. That goes on behalf of every other promotion in the UK. 

Exactly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The difference is, football knows where it stands. 

Speedway is between a rock & a hard place as it certainly couldn't afford behind closed doors at all. 

I fully understand that people's money is with individual clubs but the questions should be to the BSPA as a whole. 

The BSPA should be getting it's house in order, releasing statements etc on behalf of every club. Of course, no club is in the same position financially but for the fans, the plans for going forward has to be from the BSPA & not the individual club. 

That's where the questions need to go

Ask Darragh MacAnthony  if football knows where it stands. I think that you'd get a different answer, but that wasn't the point, it was just about communication.

The club has already communicated (June 25): "With the latest government announcement regarding reopening of public places there are hopes throughout the sport of speedway starting in August. Each club will be allowed to make their own call on whether to race in what will be a reduced season – without financial punishment from the sport’s governing body if any decide not to." -  therefore it's safe to assume that that's the message for all clubs from the BSPA.

If they are looking at half a season then why not just say what that will mean for season ticket holders and what the thoughts are in the more likely event of no speedway in 2020, adding that firm decisions will be made when it's decided if any part of the season is or isn't going to take place. Doesn't need the BSPA to answer that.

Edited by Crump99

This is certainly a matter of communication rather than a failure  to issue refunds, no club should be obliged to do that until the season is officially cancelled and as things stand that isn’t the case despite what various know alls may say on forums and social media. Very possible that a shortened season might take place this year. 

However it wouldn’t have been hard for the BSPA to come up with a generic response for clubs to reply to enquiries with in relation to season ticket monies and people would feel a bit more informed and valued. Sadly communication and customer care has generally been poor for years as far as British Speedway is concerned.   

• Like 2