British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

I think I must live in a completely different world with outmoded views on decency integrity and morality. I really am unable to see how it is acceptable when asked for a refund for something that can no longer be provided to just keep quiet, similarly I fail to see when it is obvious that the product you purchased can't be provided it is unreasonable to expect a refund because a fraction of what you bought may be available at a date as yet unknown.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I think I must live in a completely different world with outmoded views on decency integrity and morality. I really am unable to see how it is acceptable when asked for a refund for something that can no longer be provided to just keep quiet, similarly I fail to see when it is obvious that the product you purchased can't be provided it is unreasonable to expect a refund because a fraction of what you bought may be available at a date as yet unknown.   

You're keen on that troublemaker tag aren't you Rodders :D

18 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

You're keen on that troublemaker tag aren't you Rodders :D

No!!! . I just think that there are levels of decency  honour and integrity that should be the norm for everybody. If that makes me a trouble maker I can live with that appellation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

No!!! . I just think that there are levels of decency  honour and integrity that should be the norm for everybody. If that makes me a trouble maker I can live with that appellation.

You've been going long enough to know that you're in the wrong sport if that's your criteria and you've certainly had an unfortunate choice of team recently.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Whatever happened to the loony coming on here and proving who they were,,, like they said they would. 

On 7/4/2020 at 6:05 PM, wealdstone said:

Can't understand why Peterborough can't act quickly like some other Clubs have?

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Can't understand why Peterborough can't act quickly like some other Clubs have?

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work that out....Chapman that’s why! 
Its probably because the moneys all gone and he’s hiding and hoping the problem will go away, no other explanation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work that out....Chapman that’s why! 
Its probably because the moneys all gone and he’s hiding and hoping the problem will go away, no other explanation.

Even if that were true and I suspect it may well be. I would prefer he said that rather than just ignore the matter. 

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Even if that were true and I suspect it may well be. I would prefer he said that rather than just ignore the matter. 

Agreed, Chapman is spineless and I doubt if that’s going to happen as it should have been dealt with weeks ago. Transparency and integrity are unfamiliar virtues to this inapt promoter! 

On 7/4/2020 at 3:27 PM, Bagpuss said:

This is certainly a matter of communication rather than a failure  to issue refunds, no club should be obliged to do that until the season is officially cancelled and as things stand that isn’t the case despite what various know alls may say on forums and social media. Very possible that a shortened season might take place this year. 

However it wouldn’t have been hard for the BSPA to come up with a generic response for clubs to reply to enquiries with in relation to season ticket monies and people would feel a bit more informed and valued. Sadly communication and customer care has generally been poor for years as far as British Speedway is concerned.   

Non existent, I'd say.

Really not a BSPL issue. The season ticket holder is a customer of Peterborough speedway. Panthers management are responsible for their customers and should be talking to them in terms of their own business

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Really not a BSPL issue. The season ticket holder is a customer of Peterborough speedway. Panthers management are responsible for their customers and should be talking to them in terms of their own business

indeed.

speedway is 22 separate businesses, some good, some average, some poor, a few awful. 

Peterborough on this issue certainly awful! 

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

It's been a long road: we started our journey nearly a week ago on page 197 and after going full circle through shark infested custard we're back to our starting position :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

It's been a long road: we started our journey nearly a week ago on page 197 and after going full circle through shark infested custard we're back to our starting position :)

Hardly suprising is it, everybody is so bored. As the weeks go by, with so little real news to talk about. Live speedway seems just a distant memory to me.

Wolves will not run unless they get the go-ahead next week to start in August.

Season tickets will be held over to 2021 as much money has been spent on a number of regular costs and track improvements with no admission income.