British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

30 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I don’t believe Kev was or is upset, but I can assure you he wasn’t an investor in the Panthers under Ged Rathbone.

Glad you cleared that up

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Carl Johnson mentioned the fact the older fan base would want to sit in the stand and not view from the grass areas, perhaps he was really talking about the BB holders who would really need to sit in a seat after the long slog from the car park

Bit too much credit there as that would indicate some appreciation of the cock up he presided over which thankfully hasn't been tested in 2020 and can be binned for 2021 if the club still runs.

Given the circumstances in a Poland with coronavirus think GB speedway should just put a lid on this season,if the same ruling was to apply over here.

32 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Given the circumstances in a Poland with coronavirus think GB speedway should just put a lid on this season,if the same ruling was to apply over here.

In terms of Peterborough it could be scuppered in an instant "Today’s update (14/7/20) on the rate of new coronavirus cases across the country has shown another increase for Peterborough with the city eighth in the national rankings" (source Peterborough today) so it would be a risk to start anyway. Who's going to put time, effort and money in under the current circumstances?

From a whole sport perspective. If the powers that be decide not to run this season, what happens if the state of the nation is no different in March next year. Will that mean another delayed start. My fear is, if we don't get going in some shape or form, some tracks will never return.

48 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

From a whole sport perspective. If the powers that be decide not to run this season, what happens if the state of the nation is no different in March next year. Will that mean another delayed start. My fear is, if we don't get going in some shape or form, some tracks will never return.

Some riders will never return also - some must have taken alternative work this season .

19 minutes ago, Haza said:

Some riders will never return also - some must have taken alternative work this season .

Perhaps that will be a good thing and they’ll just race alongside their proper jobs as a hobby in future, as should have been the case for a long time now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Perhaps that will be a good thing and they’ll just race alongside their proper jobs as a hobby in future, as should have been the case for a long time now. 

Could be, but the decline of British Speedway gathers pace.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

You can’t say  you didn’t see it coming over the last few years ,but this Pandemic has certainly Not helped.

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

The sport has been in terminal decline here for many years now. Here we are with a chance to rip it up and start again but instead there seems to just be a wait and see attitude. We could hope for some individual meetings in 2020 and take the time to put a proper plan in place to help the sport try and flourish once more but why bother when we can just try use the same incredibly flawed system next year again. 

9 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

The sport has been in terminal decline here for many years now. Here we are with a chance to rip it up and start again but instead there seems to just be a wait and see attitude. We could hope for some individual meetings in 2020 and take the time to put a proper plan in place to help the sport try and flourish once more but why bother when we can just try use the same incredibly flawed system next year again. 

As Rick Frost  said  "those in charge of Speedway could not even run  a Burger Van successfully"

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, wealdstone said:

As Rick Frost  said  "those in charge of Speedway could not even run  a Burger Van successfully"

Oh my goodness, have you ever tried that food at Peterborough.......thank goodness I'm a vegetarian.  Twice in the past, my wife has suffered food like poisoning after having a burger there.
It might be a coincidence of course, but I didn't think the thing looked properly cooked when she got it. 

17 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Oh my goodness, have you ever tried that food at Peterborough.......thank goodness I'm a vegetarian.  Twice in the past, my wife has suffered food like poisoning after having a burger there.
It might be a coincidence of course, but I didn't think the thing looked properly cooked when she got it. 

Rare if at all  have I had food at Peterborough. The food is course  in the hands of EOES who are responsible for booking whatever provider they see fit.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I'm the same as Wealdstone; I never have it.  I always pack a flask of tea and a sarnie or pie. 

The food at the EoES was very decent when we had the Grasmere Farms van.  Top quality meat - and at least they used to test the temperature with a food thermometer, so it was always cooked properly.  Their big drawback was that they were as slooooow as ar5eholes!  Some of the staff were gormless and were totally clueless when it came to serving supposedly "fast food". 

But I s'pose we've got more important things to worry about than flippin' burger vans  :rolleyes: 

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

With the season now cancelled maybe tungate was right to sell his kevlars ! but seriously should we keep the same team for next season ?