British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

25 minutes ago, maneacat said:

I understand you are trying to helpNeil but think it needs pointing out that parts of those routes are not tarmac, uneven and can be difficult to walk across for able bodied fans never mind Disabled trying to do the same.  

25 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The original 150m is long enough. I know you allowed BB holders behind the grandstand if needed ,which was great. The 2 proposed area's are way to far for most I would of thought. It's like walking a lap of the track to get in(distance wise) :blink:

A serious re think is needed.

Just seen Manecat's reply. I didn't realise there was some uneven ground as well. Not ideal for wheel chairs either :unsure:

Also poorly lit. Unless the health and safety worries banish ALL non-essential vehicles from the Showground there will still be pedestrian conflict with moving traffic (especially when using Gate 3) - but now it will be people with poor mobility trying to avoid the vehicles. 

• Sad 1

Let the BB in where the riders enter with a Marshall guiding vans to the pits and BB to a designated parking area. No public can walk through this point. Is it really so difficult?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, acef said:

But there is no negative PR. It’s a minority bunch of people reacting with resistance on a speedway forum nobody looks at.

As I said in my post above, people need to give them a chance.

Everyone is making wild assumptions.

There is no negative PR yet which is why it is important to keep it centre stage because those who matter do indeed read this forum. Nobody is making wild assumptions. The notice is clear and if they were offering/exploring alternative arrangements alongside then it should have said so or not been uploaded. They are selling season tickets on the basis of no access for disabled that hasn't been publicised so what do you expect. You sound like the typical speedway fan who takes any old crap, they'd love 1000s like you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Thats what feared 

Another one returned." Oh dear we have had no complaints so far"

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sneezy said:

Would it not have been more appropriate and simpler to issue a statement stating.

At recent meetings it has unfortunately been noted, that some blue badge holders have not been parking in the designated parking area inside the Showground. 

As this could have serious repercussions, we will be monitoring the situation closely  over the next three meetings.

Should this continue,we will have no choice but to insist that all blue badge holders will have to park outside in designated areas. 

Surely if this is printed and given to all BB holders at the three meetings, no genuine holder would object.

After the three meetings, the person at the entrance should then tell the bb holder where to park( in case they are visiting fans)

This should be done from the off as it has been made many seasons before. The first part was no parking on the grass (should apply to all cars), no driving over the grass (should apply to all cars), Blue badges on display. The second problem is location: the Arena car park isn't ideal (but very welcome so let's not start that argument again) which is why many seemed to park on the access road approaching the stand or other areas closer to the stand. Was that ever picked up, monitored or announced anywhere as a problem? Not that I'm aware of. I have some sympathy with Johnson's gripe because I saw it with my own eyes but I didn't see any action to deal with it. That's where the problem is. It's not the girl on the gate's job to admininster this. The website should say that disabled access is pre agreed and all she needs is a list of name/vehicle registrations/Badge number (or similar) if there is one, allowed disabled access with zero tolerance to anyone who is not on the list. The security bloke can deal with those people. If anyone doesn't do as instructed then they can be warned with a three strikes and we take the ruler or Tipp-ex to your details on the list.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

There is no negative PR yet which is why it is important to keep it centre stage because those who matter do indeed read this forum. Nobody is making wild assumptions. The notice is clear and if they were offering/exploring alternative arrangements alongside then it should have said so or not been uploaded. They are selling season tickets on the basis of no access for disabled that hasn't been publicised so what do you expect. You sound like the typical speedway fan who takes any old crap, they'd love 1000s like you!

No. I sound like a reasoned, logical human being who has the foresight to understand that perhaps not everything is in the public domain because it isn't yet ready to be.

You and others ARE making assumptions because you don't yet know what the planning and detail is to find a solution here. You are assuming that this isn't being dealt with. That people couldn't possibly be working in the background trying to find an answer and haven't released anything because it isn't yet ready to do so.

46 minutes ago, acef said:

No. I sound like a reasoned, logical human being who has the foresight to understand that perhaps not everything is in the public domain because it isn't yet ready to be.

You and others ARE making assumptions because you don't yet know what the planning and detail is to find a solution here. You are assuming that this isn't being dealt with. That people couldn't possibly be working in the background trying to find an answer and haven't released anything because it isn't yet ready to do so.

That's also an assumption on your part ...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, acef said:

No you sound like a very lucky fan who has a professional and competent promotion of the club you follow.   Unless you are aPanthers  fan you cannot fully understand all the problems that have befallen theClub and our fans over the past 12 months.   It has been heartbreaking to witness and there seems to be no end to the disillusionment we are sadly continuing to endure.  

From your position it’s very easy to criticise - especially people you don’t know but I can assure you they are not moaning for moaning’s sake - they are genuinely and quite rightly worried about the stance our Promotion are taking against the disabled as we have previous experience of their lack of open communication with fans - Kings Lynn fans will more than likely tell you the same - is there a common factor here?   You can bet your life there is!!!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maneacat said:

No you sound like a very lucky fan who has a professional and competent promotion of the club you follow.   Unless you are aPanthers  fan you cannot fully understand all the problems that have befallen theClub and our fans over the past 12 months.   It has been heartbreaking to witness and there seems to be no end to the disillusionment we are sadly continuing to endure.  

From your position it’s very easy to criticise - especially people you don’t know but I can assure you they are not moaning for moaning’s sake - they are genuinely and quite rightly worried about the stance our Promotion are taking against the disabled as we have previous experience of their lack of open communication with fans - Kings Lynn fans will more than likely tell you the same - is there a common factor here?   You can bet your life there is!!!!! 

I'm not the one being critical, quite the contrary if you read the detail.

I'm also not sure what history has to do with this current situation. It's very different in many aspects.

34 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

That's also an assumption on your part ...

It's not.

That's why I used the word possibly.

You can see from the last 10 pages or so the level of sensitivity around this matter.

This is not something that Peterborough speedway can ignore. It's too big.

In this instance I feel the need to use my common sense and hope that a solution is being worked upon. Something nobody on these pages has yet done.

Just because no announcement has been forthcoming, does not automatically mean that isn't being or won't be addressed.

Indeed I get the feeling many people here are potentially using this to create a lot of noise and bluster.

If at the seasons beginning this hasn't been seen to then I'll equally hold the Peterborough promotion with the same disdain.

Until then, I'm quite happy to wait and see and hope common sense will prevail.

Perhaps others should do the same.

Edited by acef
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, acef said:

You can see from the last 10 pages or so the level of sensitivity around this matter.

This is not something that Peterborough speedway can ignore. It's too big.

In this instance I feel the need to use my common sense and hope that a solution is being worked upon. Something nobody on these pages has yet done.

Just because no announcement has been forthcoming, does not automatically mean that isn't being or won't be addressed.

Indeed I get the feeling many people here are potentially using this to create a lot of noise and bluster.

If at the seasons beginning this hasn't been seen to then I'll equally hold the Peterborough promotion with the same disdain.

Until then, I'm quite happy to wait and see and hope common sense will prevail.

Perhaps others should do the same.

I'm glad you find this amusing maneacat.

A well reasoned and sensible post in a sensitive discussion.

Tells me loads about your personality.

E Mails I have sent to to the club are being returned as undeliverable , including those sent when it was thought Showground responsible. I am not into the mysteries of computers but others who are seem to feel I am being deliberately blocked  retrospectively

59 minutes ago, acef said:

I'm glad you find this amusing maneacat.

A well reasoned and sensible post in a sensitive discussion.

Tells me loads about your personality.

You know NOTHING especially from your location in Manchester :)

• Like 2