British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

At Leicester in addition to having a Blue Badge parking area they also have an Electric Buggy that ferries the elderly and disabled up to and from the stadium.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

At Leicester in addition to having a Blue Badge parking area they also have an Electric Buggy that ferries the elderly and disabled up to and from the stadium.

Exactly, that is all the Panthers promotion need to do, whether they will or not is another matter. It really should have been offered in the first instance.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

Sensible suggestions. If they cant walk then a wheelchair or mobility scooter is essential for them all year round. No point making excuses about prices. If they cant walk a short distance then those in question need either a wheelchair or a mobility scooter. If you need something that's essential to help you get around in your day to day life then price doesn't come into it.

I'm really not being nasty I'm just speaking the truth. We haven't been talking about a long distance walk here. It's a short one and if those in question cant last the short distance then they need something to help them get around. 

No I'm not Danny Green. If anyone wants to think that then please feel free. 

Not being rude just telling the truth. Truth hurts. If I had a family member who held a blue badge who couldn't walk a short distance to the local shop or someone who stopped going to the speedway because of a short walk for example then I would buy them a wheelchair or mobility scooter to help them get around in day to day life. 

If a washing machine packs up then you need to replace it no matter how much it costs.

If the cooker packs up then you need to replace it no matter how much it costs.

If you cant walk a short distance then you need something to assist you in order to get about 7 days a week no matter how much it costs. 

I have a wheelchair, unfortunately I can't self propel and also am unable to afford a powered chair.

I usually go to speedway alone so need to be able to park as close as I can to where I am sitting to be able to attend (although even this will change this year as I am no longer able to get from the closest parking point to the closest seating area anymore and that is a hell of a lot closer than even the previous BB parking at Peterborough and I will have to pay for a carer to come with me). A mobility scooter is an expense I can neither afford, not actually be able to get out of my car (I can't get my wheelchair out on my own so a much heavier and more involved mobility scooter would be an impossibility)

I don't actually attend Peterborough speedway on a regular basis (had I known there was a carer facility if a request was made in the past, I may have gone but never even thought to ask!) and any future attendance would probably be with a carer anyway due to the driving distance, so these changes won't impact me at all but for a fair few who like me are disabled singletons to speedway, it will and will make attendance for them an impossibility. It is not them being negative, it is not them not thinking of the bigger picture or not wanting to find other solutions, it just makes it impossible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Chairman of Peterborough’s Supporters Club is a member of this forum - providing a shuttle service for disabled fans would be an ideal project for their fundraising if there is not to be a U-turn by the Promotion. I know the local Dial a Ride service were involved previously, Steve Dolby would know more details.

35 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The Chairman of Peterborough’s Supporters Club is a member of this forum - providing a shuttle service for disabled fans would be an ideal project for their fundraising if there is not to be a U-turn by the Promotion. I know the local Dial a Ride service were involved previously, Steve Dolby would know more details.

There is no need  to get personal but many may think that those in charge of the supporters club may have been more vocal.  

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Supernova1993 said:

The state of this thread is a perfect example as to why many Speedway fans avoid the BSF. 

Why, it's a very important issue, and needs to be aired?

4 minutes ago, Supernova1993 said:

The state of this thread is a perfect example as to why many Speedway fans avoid the BSF. 

It’s usually caused by the freaky multi alias weirdo.  Who needs serious help.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile Panthers maintain their stance  of  stuff blue badge holders, miserable sods that  they are.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Supernova1993 said:

15 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Why, it's a very important issue, and needs to be aired?

I believe the poster is referring to all the trolling posts diluting a very important subject

• Like 2

It is almost inconceivable   that anybody with a shred of decency could even of thought of this let alone do it.

Nothing would surprise me with this freak.  

Edited by Hodgy
  • Haha 1

I have started a new thread in the Premiership section titled Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020, introducing a petition via change.org.

Link to other thread

Please all look at the thread and support it if you can - the more signatures the petition gains the better as it will show just how much this new situation affects dedicated Panthers fans.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Are you sure its not him posting again 

If the accounts are not very old it's normally him,,, how old is it,,, he normally starts 2 or 3 at a time, then sneaks his way in. 

Look out for a low rep,  always the first give away

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

It’s usually caused by the freaky multi alias weirdo.  Who needs serious help.  

30 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Nothing would surprise me with this freak.  

I never mentioned a name. Guilty your honour.  

Edited by Hodgy
  • Haha 1