Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The Chairman of Peterborough’s Supporters Club is a member of this forum - providing a shuttle service for disabled fans would be an ideal project for their fundraising if there is not to be a U-turn by the Promotion. I know the local Dial a Ride service were involved previously, Steve Dolby would know more details.

It appears that the gentleman I was thinking of is no longer Chairman of the Supporters Club following the recent AGM - however my suggestion still stands and perhaps the new Chairman (Mr Lewis) will have a look at it.

Edited by NeilWatson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It appears that the gentleman I was thinking of is no longer Chairman of the Supporters Club following the recent AGM - however my suggestion still stands and perhaps the new Chairman (Mr Lewis) will have a look at it.

 Is Mr Lewis's   daughter the partner  of Carl ' apologies to them if I am wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

They have at least one

While it's always good that people contribute and look at solution for problems it just deflects from the mess the club has made with this. When the EoES created such a problem and the club had to find solutions then everyone was on board and appreciative. If the club had just introduced BB parking areas outside because there were none before then people would be appreciative and on board. Looking for solutions for a club created problem made without particularly good justification, or seemingly making an attempt to solve the problems that they identified is the real problem here that gets forgotten. There is an an easy solution and if that doesn't work then the club could at least say that they tried as justification. I'm sorry if people feel that I''m a troublemaker or have an agenda. I'm never the most positive and I don't have an agenda (apart from fighting for our disabled fans) but I didn't start this.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Richard Lewis

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you leave the position? You’ve always been a true supporter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you leave the position? You’ve always been a true supporter. 

It’s a time consuming role and it’s nice to have a break from it, my replacement has done the job before and does an excellent job.

Quite happy to leave the SC in his hands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s a time consuming role and it’s nice to have a break from it, my replacement has done the job before and does an excellent job.

Quite happy to leave the SC in his hands.

Fair play.  As said, you’ve been a loyal supporter. Earned your break. Enjoy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Panthers promotion is a complete joke. Selling season tickets when we haven't even announced our team.

We start our season in March yet we have no number 1. 

Not contempt with embarrassing us on the track. The Panthers promotion now want to make it difficult for disabled supporters to attend meetings.

I am thinking of organising a protest. Please PM me your thoughts on how best this could be arranged.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought then for this season when we arrive at the EOES all we should see now inside the stadium if I'm understanding this correctly is 14 speedway vans and 2 ambulances. EVERYONE else should be parked the other side of the turnstiles and made to WALK.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

The Panthers promotion is a complete joke. Selling season tickets when we haven't even announced our team.

We start our season in March yet we have no number 1. 

Not contempt with embarrassing us on the track. The Panthers promotion now want to make it difficult for disabled supporters to attend meetings.

I am thinking of organising a protest. Please PM me your thoughts on how best this could be arranged.

Can't disagree with any of that but in terms of protest, when are you let out? Obviously you're in a secure unit for most of the week but if we could all compare calendars then that would be a good starting point :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bdjfan said:

Just a thought then for this season when we arrive at the EOES all we should see now inside the stadium if I'm understanding this correctly is 14 speedway vans and 2 ambulances. EVERYONE else should be parked the other side of the turnstiles and made to WALK.

Nice thought but I'm not sure that one can deduce that from " a conscious decision to restrict the amount of vehicle movement within the Showground on a race night." - what does that mean? It doesn't mention numbers just movement. I suspect that initially the attempt will be made, and it will appear so if they stick with this appaling decision, to make the internal parking look a bit spartan but as the season progresses I'd guess that those excluded disabled fans' spaces will be filled by sponsors, hangers on and friends of friends. You'll not notice the difference.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hans fan said:

6 weeks before the 1st meeting of season  at home ,only  4 riders signed  , what a joke

Need to make a decision either way soon as riders they could have lined up as a back up decision could be signed elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have thought that the last 3 riders  are already signed and should be announced as soon as possible     If they haven't  then perhaps no one wants  to ride for the Panthers   but doubt this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hans fan said:

6 weeks before the 1st meeting of season  at home ,only  4 riders signed  , what a joke

Can we give the promotion bashing a rest & take the time to think of others, just for today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy