British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Lovely dream to have Jason Crump scoring double figures every week, like the good old days. The reality is a 5 point average at most. We need to remember Anderson & Nicholls couldn't average 6 last season.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Lovely dream to have Jason Crump scoring double figures every week, like the good old days. The reality is a 5 point average at most. We need to remember Anderson & Nicholls couldn't average 6 last season.

Nicholls can’t ride the showground for toffee and Hans had a shocking year of injuries and personal problems so not the best examples to use 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sully said:

Nicholls can’t ride the showground for toffee and Hans had a shocking year of injuries and personal problems so not the best examples to use 

He is towards the tail end of his career but has plenty of good results at the showground, including this one - http://peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.1905.2  ;)

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He is towards the tail end of his career but has plenty of good results at the showground, including this one - http://peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.1905.2  ;)

Link doesn’t work for me but I assume you’ve found one decent meeting he had at the showground to make your point but having watched him week in week out it’s pretty clear he struggles badly at the showground (and Belle Vue which is a similar flat out track). Only reason you’d sign him for oeterborough would be for his potential away....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I was just gonna look up his scoring on speedway-stats.co.uk that the vile scb used to run but i've stopped myself as it's bang up to date meaning i guess scb is back in our midst somewhere. Yuk.

Fwiw, i always thought in my head Nicholls was good round there, just can't bring myself to look at that site now.

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Crump has just liked a tweet... the tweet was asking whether he will be riding for the Panthers.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down ;). Don't get your hopes up, but on the right average he would still be good for British speedway and the Panthers. Would still put a few bums on seats if it happened.

9 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

I think he came back at the tail end of 90 as i remember him guesting for Todd for us i think and being absolutely fuming as he was terrible..  it was my first season so had no idea he was quality a few years previous..

Come to think of it 1990 is probably the year I’m thinking of. 

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Calm down ;). Don't get your hopes up, but on the right average he would still be good for British speedway and the Panthers. Would still put a few bums on seats if it happened.

IF it happens, then I can't wait to welcome Crumpie back at Belle Vue when P/Bourgh are in town, pretty sure he will/is saddened about the forthcoming closure of the old dog track, but I bet he will love riding, (even at the back ;)At the NSS.

Jason Crump is 44, retired from regular racing about 8 years ago and has nothing to prove to anyone, he doesn't need the money you would guess never mind the expense of getting bikes and other bits of kit ready Yes he has rode in a few meetings over the winter but would he drag his family halfway round the World to race for Peterborough, I think not.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, screm said:

Jason Crump is 44, retired from regular racing about 8 years ago and has nothing to prove to anyone, he doesn't need the money you would guess never mind the expense of getting bikes and other bits of kit ready Yes he has rode in a few meetings over the winter but would he drag his family halfway round the World to race for Peterborough, I think not.

He's coming with his son Seth anyway 

As far as I can see Crump has done nothing to indicate he has any interest in returning to Britain. Every Summer he rides a couple of meetings in Australia and this seems no different from previous years.

In previous years there was no speculation about Crump returning - the talk of his 'comeback' seems to be more of an indication of Peterborough's desperation than any real possibility of him coming out of retirement and riding full time.

• Like 3

Did Nicki Pedersen give any initial indication he was returning to british speedway before he signed, maybe with Crump its was supposed to be kept under raps until talks had taken place to see if an agreement could be reached as hes going to be in the UK with his son and what his thoughts and plans were,  but its been leaked out,  funny that it came from Belle Vue and not Peterborough 

Edited by scoobydoo

It may well be 2+2=5 but when you think about it I reckon there is a good chance it could be true. Just riding 25-30 meetings in a league where he could hold his own and where he will be based anyway for most of the year makes sense, plus there is obviously a desire to race there as he does so in Oz. Also seeing Pedersen and Hancock still competing in their forties must encourage him that he can still do it. 

It would certainly go down well with British fans.