British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

BSPA statement says business as usual

Yes I know which is why I said it was good for speedway because if there is no football they may be tempted to go to speedway.

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I know which is why I said it was good for speedway because if there is no football they may be tempted to go to speedway.

I can see a marketing ploy here:

”Beat Coronavirus and watch live speedway, the only sport with fewer people than self-isolation!”  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

BSPA statement says business as usual

Trust me there be no speedway here before June at earliest will be a shortened season.Cardiff could well be 1st GP as well.

12 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Trust me there be no speedway here before June at earliest will be a shortened season.Cardiff could well be 1st GP as well.

Could well be the case, with few exceptions Speedway stadiums  are not normally places where excessive hygiene is in evidence

If air travel is banned that will mean only Riders that live in Britain will be available.  That will also affect   Sweden Denmark and Poland as well 

I think that it is naive to think that speedway will be unaffected when most other major sports are being affacted - especially when the majority of riders do not live in the UK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

I think that it is naive to think that speedway will be unaffected when most other major sports are being affacted - especially when the majority of riders do not live in the UK.

Me too, and likely  to have more deep consequences with riders and promoters struggling for income

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Panthers have 6 UK based riders. We could just do Panthers vs R/R all season LOL

Points re Speedster.

" We have a terrific group on PPSSC"

"Close Personal ties with owners and sponsors"

" Myself  and everyone else involved with Peterborough"

Claims to know Mimmo

Has GCSE in Computer and IT

GCSE did not start till 1988 , computer exam somewhat later

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Points re Speedster.

" We have a terrific group on PPSSC"

"Close Personal ties with owners and sponsors"

" Myself  and everyone else involved with Peterborough"

Has GCSE in Computer and IT

GCSE did not start till 1988 , computer exam somewhat later

I left school in 1972 and took A level Computer Science for my last two years so I would have thought a computer course and exam would have been available in some schools from the start of the GCSE.

14 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I left school in 1972 and took A level Computer Science for my last two years so I would have thought a computer course and exam would have been available in some schools from the start of the GCSE.

GCSE introduced 1988 and Speedster claims to have GCSE,  pretty sure there was not a GCSE computer exam at that time

Edited by wealdstone

2 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Denmark on lockdown. Ostergaard not available for p+p.

Really can’t see the season starting any time soon. Too many riders are going to be hit by the travel restrictions and if meetings do go ahead crowds will be well down putting a lot of clubs at risk. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

Statement does say it's business as usual but call offs are inevitable. It's not worth anyone booking a weekend off work or anything to see a Speedway meeting no matter which club you support. It's just a case of when and not if the call offs come. Speedway clubs are trying to get on with things because of various reasons fixtures, finances, stadium availability etc. but clubs will be left with no choice but to call off meetings with the travel bans, coronavirus etc.

Agree with that and see serious knock on effect for clubs and riders

Will Andersen be at P&P then or does he still live locally 

Edited by Flappy

Anyone else notice NKI's comment on the social media pages about doing some meetings for Panthers