British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

21 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Then posts a video of him at Harwich 

I would imagine he's going home to Denmark to his family while he can

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

Tungate pulled out of P&P

Which is odd given he’s already in the UK.

Aussies are packing up and going home.

1 minute ago, acef said:

Which is odd given he’s already in the UK.

Aussies are packing up and going home.

Tungate is based in wroclaw in Poland for the speedway season. I don’t think he will be able to leave Poland for a few weeks yet 

3 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Tungate is based in wroclaw in Poland for the speedway season. I don’t think he will be able to leave Poland for a few weeks yet 

Realise he’s based in Poland, I understood he was in the UK already.

17 minutes ago, acef said:

Realise he’s based in Poland, I understood he was in the UK already.

Ah sorry, yeah I don’t know. Guess he was going to fly in this morning 

• Like 1

For those that do not know, and I can't see it anywhere, I have been told that the Supporters Club do tonight has been postponed. 

Just now, wealdstone said:

For those that do not know, and I can't see it anywhere, I have been told that the Supporters Club do tonight has been postponed. 

Twitter "Due to the unavailability of our riders, the club has made a decision to postpone tonight’s meet the riders social event. We apologise for the short notice but we are trying to follow the latest guidelines and public safety advice. This event will be restaged."

Speaking to a few people today I think that they want to cancel the supporters cup and basically start the season when the first prem fixtures were due to take place in a month or so time. This is just one of the options. I guess we will know more come Tuesday 

So one minute couldn't give a crap about the disabled to then telling everyone to now stick together and be kind to each other.  What was that about Neil Watson being two faced.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Speaking to a few people today I think that they want to cancel the supporters cup and basically start the season when the first prem fixtures were due to take place in a month or so time. This is just one of the options. I guess we will know more come Tuesday 

When the virus hits its peak?

That is beyond wishful thinking. I don’t think people are grasping the velocity of what is about to happen, not just for speedway but many industries across the world and of course individuals and other large scale events and sports.

There is no chance, absolutely non, that speedway resumes in 4 weeks time.

This is a minimum 6 weeks to 2 months and even then it’s going to be debatable. Of course at that point we will have a massive fixture congestion and also riders availability going up against Poland etc.

Ive been more than a little doom and gloom on here recently but unfortunately that is the reality of this current scenario.

Imo there is little chance we will see a season.

Edited by acef

27 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Twitter "Due to the unavailability of our riders, the club has made a decision to postpone tonight’s meet the riders social event. We apologise for the short notice but we are trying to follow the latest guidelines and public safety advice. This event will be restaged."

I am saying nothing , more important things to worry about at moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

The situation is alarming and the time for joking is over. 

Your attacks on the disabled were never funny. You are fooling no one, so wind your neck in and carry on being alarmed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

So one minute couldn't give a crap about the disabled to then telling everyone to now stick together and be kind to each other.  What was that about Neil Watson being two faced.

Doesn't work like that does it? Obviously everyone has to take a step back, see what transpires and pray that people and businesses come out of the other side. The mentalist is correct in that being nicer until we see the light at the end of the tunnel is a good idea but we know where we left off!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Speedster15 said:

I shall leave you guys to say what you need. I'm not going to stop you. I'm not even going to get involved. 

I shall leave the playground children to have a chat amongst themselves.

Just don't cry or post any sympathy posts if a club goes under or a rider is forced into retirement as you don't really care seeing as personal differences are a bigger priority rather than the future of British Speedway in your minds.

I must say though. Seeing some of these replies makes me feel happy knowing that I wasn't the only one who acted immaturely at times. I now have company in that department even if you don't want to admit that. 

Once again. Please continue with the personal differences if you wish but don't bother crying if you don't have any local Speedway track left to visit because British Speedway's survival doesn't take a priority over personal differences at this moment in time when it comes to some of you.

Give it a rest - "I shall leave you guys" good idea :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Speedster15 said:

1. I do care about the disabled.

2. Yes everyone should stick together and be kind even if it's just for a short time because like I said. If the coronavirus situation grows then some Speedway clubs will go under and some riders will be forced into retirement and that would just be a disaster for everyone. 

Every club that closes is one step closer to your club closing even if you don't have financial problems. After all you need somebody to race against. Jobs and clubs are at stake as well as investments. 

Time for joking, trolling and insults is over for the time being. I'm certainly not going to kick up a fuss on any thread as nothing is funny about this situation. The choice is yours though. I'm just saying that is what everyone should be doing at this moment in time. Nothing is funny at the moment when British Speedway is at risk. 

You can either be a bigger person and look at the bigger picture and put everything to one side just for the time being. That's not to say forever. Just for the time being.

Or you can continue in the same manner as always. The choice is entirely up to you.

I for one though am putting everything to one side and changing the way I post on here as I don't want disaster to strike any club or wish to say any young NL rider for example be forced into retirement etc. 

The situation is alarming and the time for joking is over. 

So your Trolling will resume.

images.jpg

• Haha 1