British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

41 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If they dont run then your entitled by law to your season ticket money back in full, will be interesting to see what responce and the timescale involved in this happening. 

If people wanted to press the case then I'm pretty sure that they could argue what the definition of a speedway season always has been and that it hasn't been delivered and isn't going to be. It's a local issue based on terms and conditions at each track. Peterborough is quite unspecific in terms of numbers but does say in the press notice " Why not secure a full season of Premiership action at one of the fastest tracks in Great Britain? " and that hasn't happened and isn't going to happen so higher up confirmation isn't required IMO.

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I thought Bluster would have been at the front of the queue to stage a few meetings. League racing might be out of the question, maybe the pride of the east at Lynn, if restrictions are lifted later in the year.

My guess top priority at KL is getting the stock cars up and running he must have lost a small fortune on that front .  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Haza said:

My guess top priority at KL is getting the stock cars up and running he must have lost a small fortune on that front .  

Certain that is the case, got a feeling of foreboding over the future of Panthers

10 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Certain that is the case, got a feeling of foreboding over the future of Panthers

Speedway at KL is secondary to Stock Cars without doubt - the concerns I have regarding speedway is the age group mainly 50+ will that age group turn up ? As that’s the majority age group and most vulnerable to the virus.

13 minutes ago, Haza said:

Speedway at KL is secondary to Stock Cars without doubt - the concerns I have regarding speedway is the age group mainly 50+ will that age group turn up ? As that’s the majority age group and most vulnerable to the virus.

That is the big question for all speedway promoters. If the league season is scrapped, how many will risk running a few open meetings. 

16 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

That is the big question for all speedway promoters. If the league season is scrapped, how many will risk running a few open meetings. 

There would still be the restrictions in place no doubt which does mean they would be taking a risk.With an open meeting you could always pull the plug if it was not viable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Panther1997 said:
Interesting from Carl

At least its consistent with what other promotions have said - those that have made any statement that is!!

Not sure where  this comes from or how up to date . Seems like an interview some days ago on Radio Cambridge or Face Book / Twitter . I suspect Carl is as much in the dark as anybody else , as I doubt that Buster keeps him totally in the loop.  What I can say is that at last I received a reply from the those working for the KL boss of bosses offering to refund my season ticket money.   This to me means ( and being cynical is part of my DNA) that there will be no Speedway or Buster has got something up his sleeve as a means of retribution for a perceived troublemaker.

17 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Not sure where  this comes from or how up to date . Seems like an interview some days ago on Radio Cambridge or Face Book / Twitter . I suspect Carl is as much in the dark as anybody else , as I doubt that Buster keeps him totally in the loop.  What I can say is that at last I received a reply from the those working for the KL boss of bosses offering to refund my season ticket money.   This to me means ( and being cynical is part of my DNA) that there will be no Speedway or Buster has got something up his sleeve as a means of retribution for a perceived troublemaker.

They must have phoned him up based on the update the link takes you to and that was what he said. Unless they are working furiously behind closed doors and keeping up with the ever changing guidance then it's not gonna happen. If there isn't a concrete decision in the next 2 weeks then that we be the final nail IMO?

Apart from the Elite few within the inner sanctum, under the auspices of Buster and his appointees it is difficult to imagine what more could have been done to alienate those supporters that have been loyal for years under all weathers , management and position in league ( whatever  league that may be)

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Apart from the Elite few within the inner sanctum, under the auspices of Buster and his appointees it is difficult to imagine what more could have been done to alienate those supporters that have been loyal for years under all weathers , management and position in league ( whatever  league that may be)

You know my opinion of them for one reason of which we are of the same mind, but what else have they done that's so bad? It's just like a close season with the addition of a pandemic. From the top leadership, communication (apart from the guff ones) and actions are lacking but surely any speedway fan has factored that in by experience over the years.

Edited by Crump99

22 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

You know my opinion of them for one reason of which we are of the same mind, but what else have they done that's so bad? It's just like a close season with the addition of a pandemic. From the top leadership, communication (apart from the guff ones) and actions are lacking but surely any speedway fan has factored that in by experience over the years.

Mostly I refer to the team debacle last year , (we will never know the the truth)  leaving it to Ged and Neil to put team together , them claiming it was put together within budget and then for it to fall apart at last minute . Still like to know how they upset Kevin Austin whose money as far as I know was a major factor in Pantheres continuing post Horton.  

Carl Johnson mentioned the fact the older fan base would want to sit in the stand and not view from the grass areas, perhaps he was really talking about the BB holders who would really need to sit in a seat after the long slog from the car park

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Mostly I refer to the team debacle last year , (we will never know the the truth)  leaving it to Ged and Neil to put team together , them claiming it was put together within budget and then for it to fall apart at last minute . Still like to know how they upset Kevin Austin whose money as far as I know was a major factor in Pantheres continuing post Horton.  

I don’t believe Kev was or is upset, but I can assure you he wasn’t an investor in the Panthers under Ged Rathbone.