British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Holder averaged 6.67 in Ekstraliga, the top league in the world, and you don’t think he’d be good value at 7.5(?) here?

Kildemand had a very bad year in Poland (3.91) but look at the standard of rider he was up against, and he says he’s determined to get back to his best next year.

I have no doubt that he would both achieve 7.5 here and give home fans a lot of fun.

And Iversen a GP rider managed 6.97 for Ipswich this year.  Shouldn’t he have achieved a similar 7.5 average then using your logic? 

4 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Jepsen Jensen would be a good signing.

What about Dudek? I hear he is looking to ride in the UK to kickstart his career.

Anybody who is a Jeremy Corbyn fan can safely be disregarded as a lunatic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

And Iversen a GP rider managed 6.97 for Ipswich this year.  Shouldn’t he have achieved a similar 7.5 average then using your logic? 

Not necessarily.

He came in on short notice as an end of season replacement for a handful of matches with no knowledge of the Ipswich track and no practice on British tracks for a year. I doubt he had enough time to prepare and to organise his mechanics and bikes.

If he’d been signed at the start of the year he would inevitably have averaged more than 8.

• Like 3

NKI was something of an enigma at Panthers flattered to deceive for a great deal of his time and frequently"went missing" on the big occassion

• Like 1

I get there is a long way to go before start of the season, but its pathetic and embarrassing the lack of any news from the club. Is the team complete? 

Like people have been saying not much about in terms of heat leaders, I name dropped some but they have been signed up. I am not going to spend anymore time guessing. Just hope if there is only to be 1 out and out heat leader that there is plenty of strength in depth in the side. With the new boys Sheffield being up had planned to go to 1 of those at home, for sure will now with Nicki P and J Holder in the side.

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Out and out heat leader? Probably only Doyle fits that description, and poss Pedersen. 

Fair point, I guess I really meant 1 rider 7+ then a bunch of 2nd string but my wording was not clear. I returned to the EOES this season after a few years not going and only checking results online.

There  are many riders who love the EOES Track but in 2019 not many of them were riding for Peterborough. Ryan Douglas looked like a heat leader for Wolves and he was at reserve. Also Danny King broke the track record I believe. 

We will soon have the pick of those that nobody else wants