British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

30 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

This forum has gone to the dogs. People have problems with riders now if their opinions don’t sit right with others. You couldn’t make it up. Did nobody take any notice of Andersen’s form BEFORE that accident against Ipswich? At best, it was inconsistent. 

It went to the dogs a few days ago when the Poole and Belle Vue chaps had a set to...

As regards the Hans thing.. The problem is that some of us watch the riders every week and others don't. As I said yesterday Hans missed the gate alot but was generally pretty fast, Mr Crump who also also sits in the stands every week argued that the Hans of 2006 would blast through the field if he missed the gate. Nobody was able to do that last year... only maybe Tungate on the odd occasion. Mark seems to know whats what, knowing that last year was Han's worst possibly ever but only one year previous at Leicester he was really good and the year before that at Poole was one of his best ever. So for our friend Mr Stanton to say what he did yesterday invited some criticism. foreverblue probably watched Hans score heavily every week in 2017 so is going to be a big Hans fan too. 

Not gone to the dogs, but if you are unfairly criticise a Peterborough rider on the Peterborough thread then expect a retort.

Hans is not the rider he was and probably will never be again. But on his current average it would be madness not to sign him.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Other people have opinions too! It is my opinion that Hans is a good signing on a bargain average and should do very well next season.

You don't half post some absolute tripe.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, acef said:

Thanks! Is that your considered opinion!You will be telling me next Belle Vue are title contenders!

Edited by foreverblue

23 minutes ago, acef said:

Pot,  Kettle and Black, immediately spring to mind

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Thanks! Is that your considered opinion!You will be telling me next Belle Vue are title contenders!

more so than pie-rats who are further away in championship :rofl:

1 minute ago, geoff58 said:

more so than pie-rats who are further away in championship :rofl:

yet both stand the same chance of winning the league next year... 

each others league maybe ???

2 hours ago, Mark said:

he broke a shoulder in Denmark but came back too quickly to ride in the GP quakifer at GLasgow.  Won his first heat but stopped in his 2nd as the pain was too much.     Then had a terrible crash where he hit his head bad at Peterborough and came back too soon before making a hole in the back straight fence at the same track     I doubt he rode many meetings without injury or lack of confidence.    All 3 were big offs.   

And you'd have to ask why because he was never going to qualify even when fit. At his age I'd have taken 2019 as a year that I got away with and knocked the career on the head so to speak. But he didn't so hopefully he has a better 2020 and stays on the bike.

The NKI debate could be over early in the morning. Wolverhampton announcing a NEW signing in the morning. Masters could be a dead cert for the No.1 race jacket at Peterborough in 2020 if he's not announced by Wolves in the morning. 

Edited by Rockstar99

Masters 7.35

Hans 5.79

MPT 6.30

Harris 6.00

Tungate 6.59

BWD 5.47

Summers 4.87

42.37. I'd be happy with that side 

17 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

The NKI debate could be over early in the morning. Wolverhampton announcing a NEW signing in the morning. Masters could be a dead cert for the No.1 race jacket at Peterborough in 2020 if he's not announced by Wolves in the morning. 

Is it really a debate 

39 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Masters 7.35

Hans 5.79

MPT 6.30

Harris 6.00

Tungate 6.59

BWD 5.47

Summers 4.87

42.37. I'd be happy with that side 

If you get that side I wonder if Buster will get better comments than he got last year, when he got slaughtered. It will show he has tried at least:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1