British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Swindon 2020

1. Jason Doyle 8.96

2. David Bellego 5.80

3. Adam Ellis 6.49 (Reduction not Applied)

4. Nick Morris 5.38

5. Brady Kurtz 7.54

6. Ellis Perks 3.57 (Reduction not Applied)

7. Kristian Pieszczek 5.01

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

Will Doyle himself want to ride in the UK?

He has had a poor GP series by his standards.

By June I can see a couple of riders being ‘under threat’ !

Seems like a few riders are quitting Sweden as Woffinden says the same in his book.

10 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Seems like a few riders are quitting Sweden as Woffinden says the same in his book.

rumour is Tai (already stated), Fast Freddie (said he won't ride for Smerdena again at minimum but sounds like full quit), Doyle. 

Nikki P just got released by Vasterik today. So see what happens. 

BZ staying with Vetlanda, but i  wonder what riders like Magic, Dudek, NKI do. Especially the polish boys who are making a fortune through sponsors etc. 

Edited by poolebolton

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

rumour is Tai (already stated), Fast Freddie (said he won't ride for Smerdena again at minimum but sounds like full quit), Doyle. 

Nikki P just got released by Vasterik today. So see what happens. 

BZ staying with Vetlanda, but i  wonder what riders like Magic, Dudek, NKI do. Especially the polish boys who are making a fortune through sponsors etc. 

Maybe Doyle looking for a less hectic and more settled lifestyle which POL/UK and the GP's would give him if you also factor in various Individual meetings. I can imagine its a hell of a lot of tiring commuting doing POl FRI or SUN/Swe Tue or the odd Thur plus UK mainly Thur & Mon. We know he lives in UK with his wife so chances are he is in like a revolving door with whistle stop visits home before he is off again. 

Is his schedule something like POL SUN or FRI - back to UK to maybe ride is some UK meetings or be at home - SWE Tue (odd Thur) back home for UK Thur and then back out again on Thur/Fri for GP warm ups and Sat GP's and then on to POL again for league meetings Sundays.

Amazes me how the likes of NKI and Hans And did POL/UK/DK and SWE for so many years. Even NKI dropped one this season (UK) and only came back when he knew his GP place is secured for 2020 and Torun were not in play offs having been relegated,

I know they are supposed to be professional sportsmen but these guys are normally flying on budget airlines getting little sleep and we all take for granted they will always be on top form to race and score big points.

I think a lot of them who are only going to do Poland and GPs may start looking for another gig when they find their race sharpness isn't quite upto scratch. You can do lap after lap in practice and be fitter than a butcher's dog, but it's not racing and racing is what keeps you switched on. As for TW it's a bit presumptuous to drop Sweden when he's not even guaranteed a GP spot next year. I know it's a high probability and there would probably be uproar, but what would he do if he didn't get one ?

On 10/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, Triple.H. said:

I think a lot of them who are only going to do Poland and GPs may start looking for another gig when they find their race sharpness isn't quite upto scratch. You can do lap after lap in practice and be fitter than a butcher's dog, but it's not racing and racing is what keeps you switched on. As for TW it's a bit presumptuous to drop Sweden when he's not even guaranteed a GP spot next year. I know it's a high probability and there would probably be uproar, but what would he do if he didn't get one ?

Well no uproar needed 

On 10/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, hagonshocker said:

Doyle will be riding UK next year no question

Got to be at Swindon that’s for sure.

25 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Got to be at Swindon that’s for sure.

There is no way they will make the mistake of not having him back again after 2018. And with the new TV deal in place with Eurosport surely they won't do anything stupid at the AGM which would stop riders like Doyley riding here.

• Like 2

Please not Eurosport. Pleaaaaaaase.

Not sure I'd have Kurtz after the way he went missing in the play offs. I'd prefer Jensen.

• Like 1

2020 should be a interesting year for the Robins and after seeing what happens in November team building can start properly.Doyley, Ellis, Ellis P are three  that i think will be certainties after that who knows.Does Alun go top heavy again or does he change the shape of the side and go for an in/ out senior reserve.I like the top heavy scenario with hopefully a reserve who can have scope to improve if a good top five can be assembled and fit  both Perks/ Vissing in happy days.One thing i will say is there wont be a shortage of riders wanting to come to the club mainly because of the promotion( Alun very loyal to riders) and the ever improving Abbey racetrack.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1