British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Swindon 2020

14 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

2020 should be a interesting year for the Robins and after seeing what happens in November team building can start properly.Doyley, Ellis, Ellis P are three  that i think will be certainties after that who knows.Does Alun go top heavy again or does he change the shape of the side and go for an in/ out senior reserve.I like the top heavy scenario with hopefully a reserve who can have scope to improve if a good top five can be assembled and fit  both Perks/ Vissing in happy days.One thing i will say is there wont be a shortage of riders wanting to come to the club mainly because of the promotion( Alun very loyal to riders) and the ever improving Abbey racetrack.

Think Perks will be on Pooles radar if they have any sense.

If same team building rules and limit as 2019

1. Jason Doyle 8.96

2. David Bellego 5.80

3. Adam Ellis 6.49 *

4. Nick Morris 5.38

5. Rasmus Jensen 7.86

6. Ellis Perks 3.57 *

7. Claus Vissing 4.43

* Reduction not applied

0.01 Remaining

Doyle - 8.96

Ellis - 6.49

Rasser - 7.86

Morra - 5.38

Musielak - 6.21 

Perks - 3.57

Jeppeson - 4 

Total - 42.47

6 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

If same team building rules and limit as 2019

1. Jason Doyle 8.96

2. David Bellego 5.80

3. Adam Ellis 6.49 *

4. Nick Morris 5.38

5. Rasmus Jensen 7.86

6. Ellis Perks 3.57 *

7. Claus Vissing 4.43

* Reduction not applied

0.01 Remaining

I posted the exact same team myself before, although I'm not so sure about Nick now. Is he on a false average or is he at his level now?

This team is a logical Swindon side for next year though, particularly if Toby decides nor to ride UK and the "One over 8" rule is still in place.

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

I posted the exact same team myself before, although I'm not so sure about Nick now. Is he on a false average or is he at his level now?

This team is a logical Swindon side for next year though, particularly if Toby decides nor to ride UK and the "One over 8" rule is still in place.

I think that Nick is still struggling with recovery from his wrist injury. It could be that a winter in Oz will sort his problem out. I hope so, because he would be a good shout on his average. Also, judging on Howarth's performance on Thursday, it might be worth Rosco contacting him for next season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grachan said:

A lot of pressure on Jensen though being one of the top 2. They need to try and have him as third HL if they can imo. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

A lot of pressure on Jensen though being one of the top 2. They need to try and have him as third HL if they can imo. 

Good luck to any team that can build a side with the 3rd heat leader on an average of nearly 8!! :o

I'd be surprised if Jensen starts anywhere in the PL with that figure round his neck

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Good luck to any team that can build a side with the 3rd heat leader on an average of nearly 8!! :o

I'd be surprised if Jensen starts anywhere in the PL with that figure round his neck

You have seen him ride?  He is well worth that and improve on it too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

You have seen him ride?  He is well worth that and improve on it too.

Have seen him a number of times over the last few years and he has impressed at Foxhall a couple of times even before this year

2019 was certainly a breakthrough season for him but it would take some effort to maintain that let alone improve further

It is one of the problems needing to have a points limit that riders making such a rapid improvement become a big risk the following year

If speedway is going to be on Eurosport next season I do hope they don’t use Ermolenko for commentary!  Probably the worst commentator ever IMHO

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

If speedway is going to be on Eurosport next season I do hope they don’t use Ermolenko for commentary!  Probably the worst commentator ever IMHO

Nobody is worse than Tony Millard

4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

The first Speedway match to come with subtitles.

There are very few good ones,,, I used to like floppys comments. 

I certainly don't like the 2 current biased ones

If the limit is 42.5 again and we have to lose Batchelor & Vissing or Musielak & Vissing:

Doyle 

Ellis

Nick Morris

Jensen

Musielak

Perks

Jordan Stewart/Josh Bates/Ricky Wells

OR

Doyle

Ricky Wells

Ellis

Jensen