British Speedway Forum

British world champions ratings list

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Don't have a hernia Chunky chill !!!!!!!!'   you have had an agenda against me for a while.I did try to call a truce with you about a month ago  but to no evail you feel you are above me you are not.Let's get thing's straight my opinion is as valid as your's no better no worse you need  to except another view is that to hard????? take a deep breath Chunky or is it Steve or Stan ???  take a long deep breath!!!!

I don't have an agenda against you; I have a distinct aversion to stupidity! Opinions don't matter - facts matter.

Just because you think Tai "isn't committed to English speedway", you use that to devalue his ability and achievements. There is absolutely no correlation between the two, yet you continue YOUR agenda against a rider who has achieved far more than ANY OTHER BRITISH RIDER.

I use FACTS, LOGIC, and REASON to show how good he is, and you counter that with an irrelevant opinion based on your dislike of him. How is that anything like an "agenda against you"? I don't feel that I am "above" you, but the facts I provide do far outweigh your opinion.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, chunky said:

I don't have an agenda against you; I have a distinct aversion to stupidity! Opinions don't matter - facts matter.

Just because you think Tai "isn't committed to English speedway", you use that to devalue his ability and achievements. There is absolutely no correlation between the two, yet you continue YOUR agenda against a rider who has achieved far more than ANY OTHER BRITISH RIDER.

I use FACTS, LOGIC, and REASON to show how good he is, and you counter that with an irrelevant opinion based on your dislike of him. How is that anything like an "agenda against you"? I don't feel that I am "above" you, but the facts I provide do far outweigh your opinion.

FACTS right!!!!      and my irrelevant opinion how arrogant is that what makes your opinion more relevant.??? Your posts are your opinions nothing more nothing less and to be honest they mean nothing to me so i suggest you go and have a good old rest up take a chill pill or to.

8 hours ago, chunky said:

There are other fans in the Country who saw alot more of Peter Collins than you and i who still believe that Peter was the better rider.Does that make make them stupid??? are there opinions irrelevant?? you don't realise what a stupid comment that was to make.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

There are other fans in the Country who saw alot more of Peter Collins than you and i who still believe that Peter was the better rider.Does that make make them stupid??? are there opinions irrelevant?? you don't realise what a stupid comment that was to make.

Please try reading - and understanding - what I said, rather than just blurting out nonsense. My point is this :

It is your "opinion" that PC was "better" than Tai because Tai "isn't committed to English speedway". That is nonsense. Ability and achievement dictate how good someone is; your interpretation of his committal - or non-committal, as the case may be - has bugger all to do with how good he is or isn't.

You attempting to use that belief to substantiate your view is as worthless as me saying Tai is better because I like his tattoos!

I say Tai is better because his achievements are FAR superior to PC's achievements. That is FACT, not opinion.

You say PC is better because you think he isn't committed to English speedway. That is OPINION, not fact.

It doesn't matter how strongly you believe that Tai owes English speedway, or how many times you repeat it, that does not factor WHATSOEVER into any assessment of ability.

Again, I am putting together a case based on facts, and attempting to engage in intellectual intercourse. You are just ranting, based on the fact that your opinions and beliefs cannot take precedence over fact and logic.

I have never said you - or anyone else - is stupid. What you are trying to use to "prove" that is stupid.

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Your posts are your opinions nothing more nothing less and to be honest they mean nothing to me

So, it is just my opinion that Woffy has far and away the best world championship record of any British rider?

1 minute ago, chunky said:

So, it is just my opinion that Woffy has far and away the best world championship record of any British rider?

You dont get it do you ??? you never have lets give you an example Nicki Pedersen / Tomasz Gollob.Facts as you said says Nicki was the better rider !!! roll of honour says that as well 3 titles to 1 my OPINION only says Gollob was the better rider.You need to stop talking down to people and take a chill pill the way you respond to Gustix sometimes is shocking at times.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

You dont get it do you ??? you never have lets give you an example Nicki Pedersen / Tomasz Gollob.Facts as you said says Nicki was the better rider !!! roll of honour says that as well 3 titles to 1 my OPINION only says Gollob was the better rider.You need to stop talking down to people and take a chill pill the way you respond to Gustix sometimes is shocking at times.

You don't get it, do you? The English language, I mean... I have explained time and time again, but you just wobble on repeating yourself rather than answering a simple question.

Is it just my opinion that Woffy has far and away the best world championship record of any British rider?

7 minutes ago, chunky said:

You don't get it, do you? The English language, I mean... I have explained time and time again, but you just wobble on repeating yourself rather than answering a simple question.

Is it just my opinion that Woffy has far and away the best world championship record of any British rider?

Arrogant cantankerous nasty,take a chill pill your opinion gets flushed down the loo.I respected you once for your input knowledge that has gone out the window now but hey not the end of the world.

Edited by Sidney the robin

What "opinion" of mine? I am asking you a question. Is it really that difficult to formulate an answer?

You do realise that you are one of the most insulting people on here, often resorting to name-calling when you can't get your way?

it just my opinion that Woffy has far and away the best world championship record of any British rider?

1 minute ago, chunky said:

What "opinion" of mine? I am asking you a question. Is it really that difficult to formulate an answer?

You do realise that you are one of the most insulting people on here, often resorting to name-calling when you can't get your way?

it just my opinion that Woffy has far and away the best world championship record of any British rider?

I do make huge mistakes i hold my hands  up to that but your arrogance astounds me.People i know and speak to at speedway who have real knowledge speak to me on a level playing field you dont do that Steve you think you are superior.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

I do make huge mistakes i hold my hands  up to that but your arrogance astounds me.People i know and speak to at speedway who have real knowledge speak to me on a level playing field you dont do that Steve you think you are superior.

I am not going to apologise for correct use of the English language, and I am not going to "dumb down" for anyone. I attempt to write in a manner that is easy to understand and is not ambiguous. If there is something you don't understand, all you have to do is ask!

I break things down into separate paragraphs and sections to make it easier for people to respond to individual points and sentences.  When people can't - or won't - make the effort to understand what I am saying, or respond directly to simple questions or points, that's not my fault! However, it frustrates the hell out of me...

I have made a couple of points on here that you still can't get your head round. I have tried to explain, and I have totally broken everything down so you can understand, but all you want to do is argue and accuse, and get your knickers in a twist. And you think it's ME that needs to chill?

I know you STILL haven't got a clue what I am talking about, but I will say again that whatever you think about Tai IS NOT A FACTOR TO DETERMINE HIS ABILITY OR ACHIEVEMENTS, AND CANNOT BE USED AS SUCH.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Think you do sometimes let yourself down on these topics Sid. You don’t rate Tai because he doesn’t back the country in your opinion. Gustix it seems doesn’t rate him because of his appearance among other things. But they are prejudices that cloud your(his) view.

Let me start by saying I am a big big fan of PC. I was lucky to start going regularly just as he was bursting on the scene. He was a magnificent rider even at Plough Lane. I’d also say I haven’t really taken to Tai in the same way. He isn’t a big favourite of mine. But you compare the achievements and I find it impossible to come to any other conclusion than Tai is the better rider. He comes up against the best riders in the world on various tracks and can beat them regularly

All the stuff about British Finals and Team GB are a smoke screen. We have no way of knowing which riders from the 70s would do the same given today’s situation 

56 minutes ago, chunky said:

I am not going to apologise for correct use of the English language, and I am not going to "dumb down" for anyone. I attempt to write in a manner that is easy to understand and is not ambiguous. If there is something you don't understand, all you have to do is ask!

I break things down into separate paragraphs and sections to make it easier for people to respond to individual points and sentences.  When people can't - or won't - make the effort to understand what I am saying, or respond directly to simple questions or points, that's not my fault! However, it frustrates the hell out of me...

I have made a couple of points on here that you still can't get your head round. I have tried to explain, and I have totally broken everything down so you can understand, but all you want to do is argue and accuse, and get your knickers in a twist. And you think it's ME that needs to chill?

I know you STILL haven't got a clue what I am talking about, but I will say again that whatever you think about Tai IS NOT A FACTOR TO DETERMINE HIS ABILITY OR ACHIEVEMENTS, AND CANNOT BE USED AS SUCH.

Arrogance at its best you are so much up your own arse it is untrue.

Take a chill pill Sid

26 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Think you do sometimes let yourself down on these topics Sid. You don’t rate Tai because he doesn’t back the country in your opinion. Gustix it seems doesn’t rate him because of his appearance among other things. But they are prejudices that cloud your(his) view.

Let me start by saying I am a big big fan of PC. I was lucky to start going regularly just as he was bursting on the scene. He was a magnificent rider even at Plough Lane. I’d also say I haven’t really taken to Tai in the same way. He isn’t a big favourite of mine. But you compare the achievements and I find it impossible to come to any other conclusion than Tai is the better rider. He comes up against the best riders in the world on various tracks and can beat them regularly

All the stuff about British Finals and Team GB are a smoke screen. We have no way of knowing which riders from the 70s would do the same given today’s situation 

Great post Iris why cant Steve post like that??  he says i dont understand i do totally but dont agree with him it is as simple as that did you understand my point about Nicki/ Tomasz??? as an example.