British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Would not want him at Swindon, he is unreliable and would only be dropping his average for a return to Poole the following year 

Didn’t everyone say that about Darcy when he joined the Robins?

Just now, theblueboy said:

Didn’t everyone say that about Darcy when he joined the Robins?

No, he was not unreliable

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Kurtz needs a year at Swindon with Doyley at 1. We will gladly take him. 

No we won’t!

• Like 1

Would not want Kurtz or Holder, let them clear off and ride in Poland

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

No, he was not unreliable

Darcy wasn’t unreliable but there was a lot of supporters who said ‘he will drop his average’ in order to return to Poole.

I’m not saying Kurtz would be in my first 7, however, speedway is a numbers game and plenty to be shed from the final averages. 

At least 2 of the 5 will go, possibly 3, so we shouldn’t be ignoring riders that ride Blunsdon particularly well.

Poole have built there success on winning teams ,  crowd numbers and sponsorship . 

Have poole speedway ever been involved with the community .. building a wider involvement with the area it serves .

look at Bournemouth football club , they have soccer schools , youth development . Ex players involved and whole range of activities . 

It's a suttle  way of bringing attention to your sport , and sending out positive messages 

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

No we won’t!

He's been the best visiting rider at the abbey for a couple of years and would be available on a lowish average. No pressure on him with Doyley always gonna be a number 1. I would gladly take him. His average will only go way and he won't be lowering it for Poole.

12 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

When is Kurtz unreliable? Does he miss meetings?

He goes awol under pressure at the end of meetings and rarely bothers to pass. Just sits in 4th poodling around.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

43 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

When is Kurtz unreliable? Does he miss meetings?

does not miss meetings or pull out with a mythical injury but is inconsistent in meetings  and would no doubt want to ride in Poland if they had a meeting or practice on one of our race nights.

Edited by A ORLOV

Mark Lemon wants Kurtz at Belle Vue alongside Fricke. Somerset want him back there too. He's always lived at Middlo's but who knows. As for Poole's main sponsor the eagle-eyed amongst will have seen their logo reappear on the website and the programme cover as I gather monies have changed hands. Also with the advent ofEurosport money on the horizon i'm told the club is no longer proactively up for sale.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Mark Lemon wants Kurtz at Belle Vue alongside Fricke. Somerset want him back there too. He's always lived at Middlo's but who knows. As for Poole's main sponsor the eagle-eyed amongst will have seen their logo reappear on the website and the programme cover as I gather monies have changed hands. Also with the advent ofEurosport money on the horizon i'm told the club is no longer proactively up for sale.

Any idea about what the new deal will be worth to clubs? More or less than the old sky money?

3 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Any idea about what the new deal will be worth to clubs? More or less than the old sky money?

More than BT but less than Sky. I'm told a 5 year deal is on the table plus the possibility of some Polish sponsorship because of the Eurosport audience reach?!

Please don't shoot the messenger as we're not at AGM time yet!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Was that the carpet cleaners as noticed their logo on the pits boards at Poole during the first leg.