British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Think he's a bit better than Scott!! Poland still have Chris in their top league this season just finished, did they not? 

Okay than Gavan, if Chris Holder is the no2 rider, who would you have as the no1 considering a lot of top riders don't want to know! 

He is better than Scott you're missing my point

Scott Nicholls isnt a 1 or a 5 in the top league but could maybe get away with being a number 3 at the right home track like Foxhall

Chris Holder is not a number 1 in my eyes...but could do a good job as a number 5................who could be number 1 i dont know.

I dont believe Chris Holder would average more than Kurtz

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hans Andersen? You having a laugh? May as well sign Nicholls and Harris and be done with it then. There’s a reason why Hans, Harris and Nicholls have had poor seasons. Age has caught up with them.

You wouldnt want Harris at Poole? Did you see the way he rode in the semi finals......

someone will tell me if i am wrong but i am looking at the current averages so have updated my choices

1. J. Holder 

2. R. Worral 

3. J. Gracjzonek 

4. N. Klindt 

5. C. Holder 

6.  J.Shanes 

7. R. Douglas 

An ipswich Side I would like to see in comparison would be

1. Iversen 

2. Heeps 

3. Schlein 

4. Allen 

5. King 

6. Covatti 

7. Etheridge 

then to throw one out there look at Somerset

1. B. Kurtz 

2.Wilson-Dean 

3. C.Wright 

4. C. Harris 

5. R. Lawson 

6. N. Morris 

7. A. Summers 

Edited by Falcon1983

4 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

someone will tell me if i am wrong but i am looking at the current averages so have updated my choices

1. C. Holder 

2. R. Worral 

3. J. Gracjzonek 

4. N. Klindt 

5. C. Holder 

6.  J.Shanes 

7. R. Douglas 

An ipswich Side I would like to see in comparison would be

1. Iversen 

2. Heeps 

3. Schlein 

4. Allen 

5. King 

6. Covatti 

7. Etheridge 

then to throw one out there look at Somerset

1. B. Kurtz 

2.Wilson-Dean 

3. C.Wright 

4. C. Harris 

5. R. Lawson 

6. N. Morris 

7. A. Summers 

You are definitely wrong because C Holder  cannot ride 8 times a meeting.:)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hans Andersen? You having a laugh? May as well sign Nicholls and Harris and be done with it then. There’s a reason why Hans, Harris and Nicholls have had poor seasons. Age has caught up with them.

The only reason I mention him is because he is on 5.79. What i ask myself is whether he is capable of say upping it to around 7 which is more nearer his fully fit mark. For team planning you can do a lot worse if trying to stay in the 42.5 limit (IF it stays the same).

Personally I would like to see up and coming young riders from Pol/DK etc given a chance, but chances are Ford will not have the money to sign expensive young riders with all the flying/accom/mechanic costs involved. Similar to this year when he could not afford Woryna/Jakobsen etc. Ford was the one who said the deal with the Carpet Cleaners now allowed him to sign decent quality riders mid season if others were not performing or injuries (admitted that in the Echo). Now before anyone says none were available I think that is b.s. I think the poor crowds for many matches where it was near enough admitted they were losing money probably swallowed up most of that. As for the loss of the Final revenue it doesn't bear thinking about how that has blown a massive hole in the clubs pocket for this season and maybe next unless a decent main sponsor is secured.

As for Harris & Nichols ?? - Again I only mention these kind of guys for team building if you are looking for a strong front end thus having these guys on a 5.79 to 6.16 GSA as second string riders who all ride Poole above that GSA and have the potential to load a point or so on their GSA. If the money for the real foreign talent is not there (which I assume it isn't) then these guys offer stability at low av with the potential to add a bit.

Of course if you can give me riders who Poole can afford at these kind of GSA's with the ability to add on willing to sign then great. Maybe Jake Allen/Ryan Douglas but not many riding UK who you can see in that position. Morris will either stay at Wolves on that low GSA or go back to Swindon who need to shed 3.84 points and a straight move back there will give the saving if they are forced to sacrifice Batchelor who is 3.44 higher thus bringing back close to the 42.5 limit.

As for my suggestion of Jordan Stewart. A young up and coming Aussie who perhaps has gone under the radar and not yet 21 until mid Nov. Only finishing his second season in UK. Could be worth a risk at reserve with potential IF they also have a decent other reserve such as Covati but that's just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

1. C. Holder 

2. R. Worral 

3. J. Gracjzonek 

4. N. Klindt 

5. C. Holder 

6.  J.Shanes 

7. R. Douglas 

Not sure the rules allow a rider to take 2 positions in a team?......:blink::D

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

You are definitely wrong because C Holder  cannot ride 8 times a meeting.:)

lol updated, i bet if it was a play off semi final 2nd leg at Foxhall they might try and get C Holder 8 rides 

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

He is better than Scott you're missing my point

Scott Nicholls isnt a 1 or a 5 in the top league but could maybe get away with being a number 3 at the right home track like Foxhall

Yeh, just think, Scott could take his Moto x bike he would love that :rofl:

22 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, just think, Scott could take his Moto x bike he would love that :rofl:

You are either an idiot or a troll..............and Shovlar trolls much better so i know which one im categorising you as....

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

Edited by Gavan

20 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You are either an idiot or a troll..............and Shovlar trolls much better so i know which one im categorising you as....

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

Careful Gav, We do't want the mods finding a reason to block you off again ;-)

You have the bragging rights this season so just rise above it. Having said that I sometimes wonder if you and Starman just love baiting each other at times :-)

As usual I for one welcome your input into team building for any team. I know you have a good knowledge and spend numerous amounts of time accessing past stats etc which I for one find interesting.

51 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Careful Gav, We do't want the mods finding a reason to block you off again ;-)

You have the bragging rights this season so just rise above it. Having said that I sometimes wonder if you and Starman just love baiting each other at times :-)

As usual I for one welcome your input into team building for any team. I know you have a good knowledge and spend numerous amounts of time accessing past stats etc which I for one find interesting.

But do you really find it interesting when its repeated over and over?  Very strange.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Careful what you say about Hans, Steve or you'll be accused of not liking him or having something against him!!!  However I do agree that neither Hans or Scott are the way forward.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

But do you really find it interesting when its repeated over and over?  Very strange.

Skidder - With respect. I support Poole but I am also interested when non Poole fans enter into interesting debate or offer both positive & negative comments in respect of opinion or team building.

I accept that Steve Shovlar and Starman don't always get the best out of him in exchanges but that is because its like waving a red rag to a bull between them. That's one thing I have noticed in the last 3 years I have populated this forum. Personally he has always engaged with me when discussing speedway and we do not engage in comments re cheating/manipulation or anything other than sensible speedway exchanges.

I can only comment from my perspective and that for me is good enough.  For others - Well all I do is smile and have a giggle when the parties involved have their petulant exchanges :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Careful what you say about Hans, Steve or you'll be accused of not liking him or having something against him!!!  However I do agree that neither Hans or Scott are the way forward.

Long term I agree but if it comes down to cost and if he is an asset then from a team building exercise in itself, his 5.79 GSA COULD allow some extra wiggle room if trying to fit another strength in depth 3 to 4 x 7 plus point riders going forward, which I would expect will make up next seasons team if they also want strongish reserves. If he does rediscover his 7 plus points GSA then he could be a worthwhile signing. Maybe no longer a heat leader but for sure a very good (possibly) second string on that average.

Just my opinion of course. But at least it's cultivating further discussion & opinion ;-)