British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

43 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Can he stop them earning a living, and refuse to loan them ? 

He has said in last few years that if a Poole rider wants to go elsewhere then they leave with his blessing. But you may as well try and get a sale out of it if poss.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

He has said in last few years that if a Poole rider wants to go elsewhere then they leave with his blessing. But you may as well try and get a sale out of it if poss.

I think in an ideal World Ford would like to have Chris Holder back and retain Jack/Brady/Nicolai & Josh.

The problem with that idea is it comes to a combined GSA of 36.91 which would only leave 5.59 for the last 2 riders. That won't work if the min is 4 for riders unless a young Brit on 3.??.

On that basis something has to give meaning at least one rider would need to be released from the 5 named. If you signed Harris at 6.16 or Hans And., at  5.79 as a replacement that would free up approx 1 to 1.5 points leaving still only 1.25 to 1.5 points so 6.59 to 7 ish for 2 riders at reserve which still arguably not enough.

IF Chris is in the plans then it is still going to be interesting how the Ford's juggle the current riders GSA's to get the riders in on a 42.5 limit if it were to stay the same.

If Ford and Middlo are already advanced on the team for 2020 then I am intrigued to see how things fall into place.

One thing on Chris Holder though. Is he not UK based any more having moved to Andorra that Tax Haven a number of riders have discovered such as Lindgren. Would it mean flying in and out and finding accommodation ??. I assume if Jack is retained maybe Engineer & Accommodation costs could be shared ??. Just a thought. Having said that if as it seems he will be in SWE again next year (mainly Tue) then I suppose he can share traveling and staying with with Jack so not so much back and forth to Andorra ??

You sign Harris at your peril, he performs for half a season at best. He is clearly on a downward trajectory and is way best his best. His average may seem attractive, but in reality it isn't.

• Like 1

Usually the second half of a season but even that has been dodgy this year. 

Bomber has averaged 5.6 at home this season but has been much better away.  No doubt his best days are long gone but no doubting his efforts though but maybe the fitness and machinery need looking at. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He won't be stopping them earning a living - they'll have jobs in Poland, Sweden etc.

As far as CH is concerned it may well depend on which club supports/sponsors his visa/work permit application - and I know who has done the majority of the paperwork up to now!!!!:approve:

Oh, that's ok then. Would be a nice way to treat a loyal servant to the club I guess :unsure:

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Ha ha still smarts a bit then?!  Different BSPA MC nowadays and I can't believe MF riding 'roughshod' over Terry Russel or whoever the promoter was then, Gary somebody was it?

Why would it ‘smart’ a bit’? I just don’t like double standards, or is that a value you boys on the South Coast are not familiar with?

In the old days, an asset meant you had first dibs for team building. However, the rules don’t appear to be applicable to Poole. Nothing has changed re assets have they, otherwise, why have the asset system?

Personally, it’s time to get in the 21st century and ditch all this asset nonsense. However, whilst it is still in operation, rules and decorum should remain, and were it any other club I would agree with my own sentiment, however it’s not, so just a loan fee for any rider you can’t accommodate.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Bomber has averaged 5.6 at home this season but has been much better away.  No doubt his best days are long gone but no doubting his efforts though but maybe the fitness and machinery need looking at. 

Maybe you partly hit the nail on the head with his hone (Ipswich) form.

We all know that in the main his Poole home form would probably be well above that. Let's not forget the main reason he was not signed was because he had climbed to 7.59 which was too high to fit in with Ford's plans. 

It may well be true that both Harris and Hans Andersen are not the riders they were but the point I was eluding to is that IF Poole want to say accommodate Chris Holder and at the same time retain the nucleus of 4 out of 5 of both Holders/Kurtz/Klindt/Josh G then something has to give further down the team if we want to have any kind of reserves. Would the likes of Harris/Hans really be so bad as second strings with maybe also some up and coming young riders whether they be UK or Aussie.

Ultimately and assuming Ford does not want to embark on massive investment again for foreign riders and all associated costs involved, then to a degree maybe his options are somewhat limited anyway bearing in mind the other 6 to 7/8/9 teams (depending on 2020 set up) will also be fighting to keep within the 42.50 limit.

Just suggestions to cultivate ideas/opinions :-) 

When i look at the 2019 near enough final GSA's I think those riders on attractive GSA's like Morris/Douglas/Allen/Lidsey/Becker are going to be hard to prise away from existing clubs and as for any recognised heavy pointers, they will not be able to be accommodated due to their high GSA's.

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Plus will Chris Holder get a reduction on his 7.16 average for not riding here for a few years? 

I will take the hook :P

Why should he? Reductions are only for missing full seasons through injury not because you couldnt/wouldn't ride in the UK or no team wanted to offer a place 

After a long absence a reassessment is considered but that could be up or down not just an automatic reduction

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 12:44 PM, Skidder1 said:

Poole will definitely run next year. With the anticipated extra monies available if the Eurosport deal is confirmed at the AGM. I understand the club is no longer proactively up for sale - although if a buyer with a good offer comes along - like with any other club - then anything is possible. Carpet Cleaning had a business blip mid-season but things have improved since, hence their logo reappearing on the website and matchday programmes.

I understand that discussions for main team sponsor are already underway - maybe not with Carpet Cleaning - so Matt will probably take more of a 'hands-off' approach from France whilst son Danny and fellow co-promoter Tilley(with a year's experience under their belts) will continue to take the lead.

Middlo has been promised his testimonial by Matt at the start of next season so............!! I am already looking forward to the 2020 Premiership Shield meetings between Poole and whoever!!;)

Their logo didn't last too long, its gone again! so cant see No1 carpet cleaning company being involved at all next year, I have also heard a new company is now close to agreeing a deal to become main team sponsors and inject some cash into the club.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Why would it ‘smart’ a bit’? I just don’t like double standards, or is that a value you boys on the South Coast are not familiar with?

In the old days, an asset meant you had first dibs for team building. However, the rules don’t appear to be applicable to Poole. Nothing has changed re assets have they, otherwise, why have the asset system?

Personally, it’s time to get in the 21st century and ditch all this asset nonsense. However, whilst it is still in operation, rules and decorum should remain, and were it any other club I would agree with my own sentiment, however it’s not, so just a loan fee for any rider you can’t accommodate.

yes your right if your not going to use a rider who is an asset of the club then that rider should be allowed to look else where . but still remain your asset for the following season and the same situation should apply again 

27 minutes ago, ray c said:

yes your right if your not going to use a rider who is an asset of the club then that rider should be allowed to look else where . but still remain your asset for the following season and the same situation should apply again 

Once the team building limits / restrictions are known, perhaps any asset should be told within a month if they are in said clubs plans, once elapsed they're free to speak to other clubs.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I will take the hook :P

Why should he? Reductions are only for missing full seasons through injury not because you couldnt/wouldn't ride in the UK or no team wanted to offer a place 

After a long absence a reassessment is considered but that could be up or down not just an automatic reduction

When Linus returned last year he got a reduction I thought?

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Plus will Chris Holder get a reduction on his 7.16 average for not riding here for a few years? 

Let's at least see who the league winners are before we open that can of worms! ;) :P