British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

16 minutes ago, Bash said:

If Poole want Harris they can always send Josh G the other way.;)

not sure how many poole supporters would want bomber another season older :wink:

20 minutes ago, Bash said:

If Poole want Harris they can always send Josh G the other way.;)

Nope :)

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

not sure how many poole supporters would want bomber another season older :wink:

I don't mind having Bomber. At least you know there is no lack of effort.

Come on you know Josh G wanted to ride for Ipswich this season judging by his kevlars.;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ipswich can have a different Aussie ;) Tbh it's good seeing others wanting Josh in their team. Shows how much he has turned it around, since when he nearly quit half way through last season. 

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't mind having Bomber. At least you know there is no lack of effort.

Just ability then 

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ipswich can have a different Aussie ;) Tbh it's good seeing others wanting Josh in their team. Shows how much he has turned it around, since when he nearly quit half way through last season. 

I think Ipswich done very well to make the play offs when Harris was number one for the vast majority of the season.........shows how well the team was built in my opinion

Harris rides Poole well so on a low average it makes sense.

And no thanks to two flaky aussies from Poole................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I do he would be terrific at a track he loves.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No still has plenty to offer.

not this season been average in both leagues 

37 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I think Ipswich done very well to make the play offs when Harris was number one for the vast majority of the season.........shows how well the team was built in my opinion

Harris rides Poole well so on a low average it makes sense.

And no thanks to two flaky aussies from Poole................

:D :D

7 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Are you sure? Because Freddie and Tai would only get increased IMHO to reflect where they are on the world stage. Holder should have an average roughly the same as Batch

The assumption from the original post is that anyone missing a couple of seasons racing here should be reassessed and lower. That of course is nonsense. 

The league is getting weaker year on year so anyone missing a year here should be reassessed in line with where they are riding in Europe. Anyone racing in Swedish and Polish top tier should always be minimum of 8 for new or returning riders.

Its not that hard to implement.

5 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

My view is that there definitely should be reassessments for these three (and many others) but that’s not the same as reductions. Without knowing the precise numbers, my guess is that Tai and Piotr would increase but Freddie may we’ll stay the same 

As explained above I agree and ditto Holder. The fact he has ridden in top tier in Poland this season should mean a minimum of 8 in the UK, ditto the others also mentioned.

i know reductions are a different scenario. I fail to see any reason why someone like Holder would fall into a reduction category.

35 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The assumption from the original post is that anyone missing a couple of seasons racing here should be reassessed and lower. That of course is nonsense. 

The league is getting weaker year on year so anyone missing a year here should be reassessed in line with where they are riding in Europe. Anyone racing in Swedish and Polish top tier should always be minimum of 8 for new or returning riders.

Its not that hard to implement.

As explained above I agree and ditto Holder. The fact he has ridden in top tier in Poland this season should mean a minimum of 8 in the UK, ditto the others also mentioned.

i know reductions are a different scenario. I fail to see any reason why someone like Holder would fall into a reduction category.

I would agree on not giving Holder - or indeed anyone - a reduction just because they’ve not ridden in UK. There can be good reasons to give reductions but just being unwilling or unable to race here isn’t one of them. 

Setting a minimum of 8 for returning riders is a bit harsh though. That would make it impossible for riders like Gomolski, Jakobsen, Aspgren or Woryna to ride here.

It’s my view that riders new to UK improve the sport. There were only two new riders in the top league in 2019, Becker and Lidsey, and both have created interest whenever they’ve ridden. As long as there is a shortage of riders, new riders should be encouraged, but with fair averages - neither too high to block them nor too low so giving an unfair advantage

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

A three person committee (independent) could decide on any borderline decisions...

Would that committee be composed of Buster, Rob Godfrey and Matt Ford? They always work in the best interests of the sport!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I would agree on not giving Holder - or indeed anyone - a reduction just because they’ve not ridden in UK. There can be good reasons to give reductions but just being unwilling or unable to race here isn’t one of them. 

Setting a minimum of 8 for returning riders is a bit harsh though. That would make it impossible for riders like Gomolski, Jakobsen, Aspgren or Woryna to ride here.

It’s my view that riders new to UK improve the sport. There were only two new riders in the top league in 2019, Becker and Lidsey, and both have created interest whenever they’ve ridden. As long as there is a shortage of riders, new riders should be encouraged, but with fair averages - neither too high to block them nor too low so giving an unfair advantage

My criteria would be clear tho. If they are good enough to ride in the top tier then they deserve a higher assessment.

your point obviously shows up some flaws in that.

Riders new to the top tiers or at second string in the top flights of Poland and Sweden maybe unfairly judged so surely there is a sensible way around that?

RIDERS WHO HAVE MISSED A FULL UK SEASON OR NEW TO UK RACING

- Riders who ridden in the GP in the past 2 seasons and/or have a Swedish or Polish top tier average of over 7.50 automatically get an 8 average in the UK.

Riders who have a Swedish or Polish top average under 7.50 automatically get a 7.00 UK average.

Riders who have a Polish 2nd tier average automatically get a 6.00 UK average 

-Riders who have ridden in the UK previously or have never ridden in the UK (none British) get a minimum 5.00 average.

No exemptions.

Edited by stevebrum
Spelling