British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Some of the best years for me at Poole were the mid-late 80s when Poole were in the old National League. No big stars (although many became huge stars later on) just young riders wanting to race and entertain. Massive crowds not bothered about not seeing big stars too.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Some of the best years for me at Poole were the mid-late 80s when Poole were in the old National League. No big stars (although many became huge stars later on) just young riders wanting to race and entertain. Massive crowds not bothered about not seeing big stars too.

No nor am i look at the characters we had in them days .long queues to get in happy days 

• Like 1

I'm sure they will but it still depends at what level the top league is pitched and how many teams.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

thats when i moved into the area and started going,first season a young leigh adams made his british debut,believe the following season a certain kid  mr boyce made his british debut great times would go back to that league in an instant

• Like 1

The thought of Poo going into the "other" league, suddenly gave me the thought of Shove trying to cope with Berwick's  thread....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Icicle said:

The thought of Poo going into the "other" league, suddenly gave me the thought of Shove trying to cope with Berwick's  thread....

Him and Bj Col would get along great , they both speak fluent jibberish 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Shov said not going again if we drop down :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I won’t be going if Poole go PL. 

Blimey.... That's a true fan if ever I saw one.. :unsure:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Of course they will, its just yet another scum bag ploy to get his own way at the agm

It's the Ford way. Obviously it will be in the interest of the sport to have Poole at the top of the tree. When Poole travel away from home, it always brings the biggest crowd of the season to all the home teams meetings. Didn't you know this Baldy  :blink:

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Blimey.... That's a true fan if ever I saw one.. :unsure:

If Poole went PL I would do the all GP’s again plus some Polish Extra league instead. I am not interested in the PL. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Poole went PL I would do the all GP’s again plus some Polish Extra league instead. I am not interested in the PL. 

But your are Poole through and through, ain't you? Seems not.. So what you are saying is you don't give a crap about Poole really, you just like the glory they have given you as a supporter over the years. Shocking :o

It's a good job you don't live in King's Lynn lol.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Did you go in the National League days?