British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

Steve Shoveller - do you wonder what fans of Coventry, Lakeside, Oxford, Wimbledon, Crawley Heath, etc etc etc think when they read that you’d turn your back on your local track even though it would still be operating - the chance to watch regular (almost!) live speedway - when so many others have had it taken away from them

You really are the pits - or should that be the back straight bog?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, semion said:

Lynn fans didn’t walk away from Saddlebow when Buster took us down a notch.  In fact the buzz came back to the place for a few years.   Loads of rider/fan interaction in those days.  Nothing wrong with the 2nd tier.  The standard there has remained constant

I've thought for quite a few seasons that the Aces should have 'dropped down'...

Many of the Championship teams are northern based and many of the Aces riders over the past good few years have rode in the Championship anyway so it's not like there's any 'superstar' that will be missed that currently brings a crowd in..

Could have rode Fridays or Saturdays too...

None of the league titles carry any real kudos anyway so you might as well ride in the one that gets you the most financial return..

More variety of teams visiting and, I would assume, lower rider costs..

I would think they would get 1400 or so every weekend no problem considering the good crowds they get at NL. With circa 1800-2000 at BH's..

And BV, with their history and standing in the sport, would be a crowd puller for the home teams they visit too meaning more fans visiting tracks.. 

Which can never be a bad thing..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, semion said:

Lynn fans didn’t walk away from Saddlebow when Buster took us down a notch.  In fact the buzz came back to the place for a few years.   Loads of rider/fan interaction in those days.  Nothing wrong with the 2nd tier.  The standard there has remained constant

More variety of teams in the Champ too! As long as the racing is good, does it matter who is under the helmet? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh I wonder if Steve has been advised to start a debate about what Poole fans think about what league they want. To have such a extreme viewpoint has certainly got people talking! Seeing as they didn't get their questionnaires out! ;)

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

More variety of teams in the Champ too! As long as the racing is good, does it matter who is under the helmet? 

Completely agree . Over the last 10 years we have had at least 3 seasons in all 3 leagues . The entertainment has probably been best in the 2nd tier . I have found the ability between riders is not as great as in other leagues . Other than the odd rider .  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh I wonder if Steve has been advised to start a debate about what Poole fans think about what league they want. To have such a extreme viewpoint has certainly got people talking! Seeing as they didn't get their questionnaires out! ;)

Don't be so silly Lisa.  The Poole gob just loves the sound of his own voice/keyboard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, semion said:

Those eight seasons 2003-10 were  some of the most enjoyable I’ve experienced as a Lynn fan. The enormous home wins wore a bit thin at times but we had riders who really got involved with the fan base, won several trophies and had some great weekend away trips. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Don't think your a fan of Poole either considering you would turn your back on the club if they were to run Championship Speedway in 2020. When times are tough that is when your club needs you the most. 

Who is turning their back on their club? Not me. I am a home and away supporter and will continue to be so. I have been to every track this season and will visit every track next season. A proper Pirates fan who actually attends meetings supporting the team. Not a pretend fan who follows from speedwayupdates or twitter.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who is turning their back on their club? Not me. I am a home and away supporter and will continue to be so. I have been to every track this season and will visit every track next season. A proper Pirates fan who actually attends meetings supporting the team. Not a pretend fan who follows from speedwayupdates or twitter.

Not if we're in the Championship you won't by your own admission.  You are not a 'proper Pirates fan' as you won't continue to follow us IF we do drop down.  Therefore you will be turning your back on your (supposed) club.

6 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Not if we're in the Championship you won't by your own admission.  You are not a 'proper Pirates fan' as you won't continue to follow us IF we do drop down.  Therefore you will be turning your back on your (supposed) club.

Stop being more of a pillock than you already are. Poole will not be in the CL.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Stop being more of a pillock than you already are Evans. Poole will not be in the CL.

You are a 1 man minority, fact. I'd rather be a 'pillock' than what the majority of folk on here think you are.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Even at Championship level?

13 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Don't think your a fan of Poole either considering you would turn your back on the club if they were to run Championship Speedway in 2020. When times are tough that is when your club needs you the most. 

You odviously are not a true fan then, if Swindon dropped down to the NL i would still go everyweek.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So in your eyes if you dont go you are not a true fan............idiot

As ive explained i have a life outside of speedway.......im divorced and have my children every wednesday and Thursday and every other friday saturday and sunday............more important to me then going to speedway im afraid....ive been 5 times this season and im going on Monday weather permitting

I would suggest im more of a fan then you if you are prepared to turn your back on your club if they drop down.................Poole speedway dont need fans like you

• Like 1

The Premiership would be a hell of alot poorer without  Poole in the league but hazarding a guess i recon 99.9 per cent of  Poole fans on the forum would still go and support there club whatever level they ride at.My take on it is speedway is speedway a night out hopefully be entertained by some good racing and go home happy 

• Like 7