British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s all to do with the rider level. 

I’d have agreed with you a few years ago but not today.

Over half of the Premiership riders ride in the Championship.

In the Premiership only Doyle, Lambert, Iversen, Fricke and Batchelor, in my opinion, are ‘elite’ riders, all of the other good riders currently ride in the Championship or have similar averages.

Poole were beaten in the play off semi final by a side comprising mainly of Championship riders.

We have see some terrific racing at Eastbourne this year, my first experience of the Championship League and it hasn’t disappointed.

Your statement effectively says you are only attending to watch the No 1 riders in each team.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, woofers said:

In the Premiership only Doyle, Lambert, Iversen, Fricke and Batchelor, in my opinion, are ‘elite’ riders, all of the other good riders currently ride in the Championship or have similar averages.

Poole were beaten in the play off semi final by a side comprising mainly of Championship riders.

We have see some terrific racing at Eastbourne this year, my first experience of the Championship League and it hasn’t disappointed.

Your statement effectively says you are only attending to watch the No 1 riders in each team.

According to Shovlar he wont go Poole to watch lower level racing as he doesnt want to watch wobblers...............well Ipswich had a team of 6 wobblers that beat his Poole team........

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

According to Shovlar he wont go Poole to watch lower level racing as he doesnt want to watch wobblers...............well Ipswich had a team of 6 wobblers that beat his Poole team........

Oh did Poole lose to Ipswich? I'd never have guessed - especially on the Poole 2020 thread!!!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s all to do with the rider level. 

People seem to think that the top riders would massively improve our league and that most of the riders that still ride here are not that good.

I have just looked at a Nielsen's results since his return and the riders that have beaten him.

Kurtz 6 times.

Holder 5 times.

Klindt 4 times.

Jonnasson and Covatti 2 times.

Doyle

Batchelor

Grajconek

Team mates

King 3 times

Heeps 2 times

Harris

I would love to see a lot of them return but in reality would there return improve the quality of racing that much most of the riders still riding here ride BRITISH  tracks very well and a lot of them would still beat the top riders on a regular basis over here (different story in Poland etc).We all seem to link great racing to riders names but over the season I have seen some awesome racing this year at the NSS so is this really the case would there return improve the racing that much? maybe a little but not as much as it would in peoples minds.

'

2 hours ago, woofers said:

Bring back top riders crowds will increase. Heeps, Howarth, Worrall, Morris, Etc etc bring in zero extra fans. 

Emil, Woffinden, Zmarzlik, Hancock, etc would bring many through the turnstiles.  Of course large sponsorship required to tempt them over in place of riding in Sweden.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Now you’re trolling

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bring back top riders crowds will increase.

No they won’t - sadly.  Top riders means more costs means higher prices means less crowds!

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

No they won’t - sadly.  Top riders means more costs means higher prices means less crowds!

Yes and £25 to get in those days are long gone 

Edited by ray c

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Oh did Poole lose to Ipswich? I'd never have guessed - especially on the Poole 2020 thread!!!

You can't blame him. If you lot had knocked Ippo out then people would be baiting Gav non stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

You can't blame him. If you lot had knocked Ippo out then people would be baiting Gav non stop.

Im sorry i may be annoying certain posters like yourself...............just getting my own back and enjoying it.......

Thing is if as expected Swindon do win he will say told you so.......

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bring back top riders crowds will increase. Heeps, Howarth, Worrall, Morris, Etc etc bring in zero extra fans. 

Emil, Woffinden, Zmarzlik, Hancock, etc would bring many through the turnstiles.  Of course large sponsorship required to tempt them over in place of riding in Sweden.

You are a TROLL, end of and you have not got a clue what you are on about.You supported Swindon originally then swapped ship when it suited you. Now you say you might not bother with Poole if you change league's.?  stay away you are not a fan not really.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Im sorry i may be annoying certain posters like yourself...............just getting my own back and enjoying it.......

Thing is if as expected Swindon do win he will say told you so.......

It's not annoying me at all!! I wish I could be bothered to trawl through Shovlars posts when our team was announced and quote them cos they would be hilarious now!!!! The 2 teams he laughed at are in the final!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

It's not annoying me at all!! I wish I could be bothered to trawl through Shovlars posts when our team was announced and quote them cos they would be hilarious now!!!! The 2 teams he laughed at are in the final!

Pooles season finished the moment they stopped using r/r at 2 and lost Covatti into the main body

If they had operated that against us with Klindt , Josh and Covatti taking r/r rides and Covatti having 6 or 7 rides from reserve they would have won

THJ at reserve with Wells and Covatti at 2 cost them any chance of the league

• Like 3

I wou;s love to see top riders back but that is not going to happen why ride at £150- 200 per point in England when you can earn €1700 per point in Poland.

The British promoters pay for mechanics even insurance at times and have to get the ruder to the track it’s not financially viable .

Top rider scores 10 paid 12 £150 per point £1800.00 plus all the extras say total 2250.00  and that’s minimum for 1 rider at 15 entrance your first 150 people pay for the top rider and you haven’t even thought of all the costs involved 

you do that on a home and away basis then your first 300 people pay for that rider.

Simply put British speedway cannot compete with the other leagues unless things change.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Pooles season finished the moment they stopped using r/r at 2 and lost Covatti into the main body

If they had operated that against us with Klindt , Josh and Covatti taking r/r rides and Covatti having 6 or 7 rides from reserve they would have won

THJ at reserve with Wells and Covatti at 2 cost them any chance of the league

looking back spot on putting covatti in the team this late in the season when he could have stayed at reserve was a disaster